Fangio named Philly DC | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fangio named Philly DC

There is certainly a bit of bitterness with Fangio choosing Philly over Miami. However, the more I hear about the pre-planned move to Philly, the more I feel he sabotaged our team. He stunned the growth of some players and frustrated others. In hindsight, there were some many scheme and play choices that had me confused. Never saw those "great ideas" he had conceived during his off year. Makes me wonder if his half-assed approach suffocated our team.

I would rather have an inexperienced young coach willing to work his butt off. Not this prehistoric relic who never cared.

Meanwhile this guy is still waiting
There is certainly a bit of bitterness with Fangio choosing Philly over Miami. However, the more I hear about the pre-planned move to Philly, the more I feel he sabotaged our team. He stunned the growth of some players and frustrated others. In hindsight, there were some many scheme and play choices that had me confused. Never saw those "great ideas" he had conceived during his off year. Makes me wonder if his half-assed approach suffocated our team.

I would rather have an inexperienced young coach willing to work his butt off. Not this prehistoric relic who never cared.
He didn't help us at all

What?? He wanted to be closer to his family so that makes the guy some sort of monster? Some of you ladies need to trim the bush!!!

He obviously only ever viewed Miami as a place to sit down until a job in the Northeast (preferably Philly) opened up. Pretty much had to wait him out to get him here in the first place.

Might also be why he refused to play and develop young players....he had no intention of being here to reap their benefit.

What?? He wanted to be closer to his family so that makes the guy some sort of monster? Some of you ladies need to trim the bush!!!
The thought that he did stunt the growth of young players is a fair question, though. Considering the number of blowout games that the Dolphins were involved in plus the injuries on the defensive side, is it not question worthy how Cam Smith had 20 defensive snaps and Channing Tindall had 12 defensive snaps all season? How does a retread like Calvin Munson join the team late in the season and get as many snaps as Tindall did all year? Parry Nickerson and Kelvin Joseph both got cut midseason and made more appearances on defense than Smith did.

Now, are Tindall and Smith any good? At the minimum, particularly in the case of Smith, they seem to be good enough to have been given a chance on the field to develop.

I think he took the job because we threw a ton of dollars at him and for whatever reason he didn't gel with the team and didn't want to invest any more time here. If family was an issue you would have to think that would have been discussed before him taking the job. I think Philly was his first choice and when it opened up his dick got hard for once in a long time.

That being said I think he put in a valiant effort here, far from perfect but I can't discount it being year 1 and had no direct input regarding what players he had and the complete decimation of the unit due to injuries. All things considered, I think he would have built something nice here. I am somewhat happy because I want a younger guy who can evolve here for a few years and not a 1-2 year guy.

Some of you ladies need to trim the bush!!!
1706275463912.gif

Seriously, though. It's a rough loss IMO but more so due to having lack of stability in philosophy rather than losing a name. And the lot of us just know the name Fangio, so much so that many here including myself were begging to hate him early in the season when suddenly "BLITZ" became a four letter word in the huddle.

F@ck Fangio & the arthritic horse he rode in on. What should matter is consistency in our systems.

Now we're going to have yet another defensive mind with his 2 cents on any system ran whether common or not.

A lot want McD gone. That would be how many OCs for Tua since he got here?

Forget about the rest, my homies. Do you think lack of continuity/stability at the tippity top is going to result in trickle down success?

Back
Top Bottom