Favorite guys in the class | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite guys in the class

It seems Latham and Alt are the NFL’s consensus top 2 OTs, and I think Latham ends up with the Chargers
At #5 or after a trade down?

I would have all 3 of the "F" boys ahead of Latham myself with maybe Fashanu slipping behind him.

But some of that is with a Dolphin fit in mind, if I was running a more power scheme then Latham would be #3 behind Alt and Fuaga.

I can NOT remember a draft class where the #5 OT was a guy the caliber of whichever one goes 5th!

It makes last years damn solid group look like garbage. :eyepop:

Some of my realistic favorites if we don't trade down are

R1. DE Latu, OT Fautanu, WR Thomas

R2. DT Orhorhoro, DE Trice, WR Legette

R5. S Smith, DB Jones, OG Zinter, DE Johnson

R6. DT Boyd, RB Guerendo, S Taylor, DT Lee, LB Eichenberg, DE Jackson

R7. C Nugent, TE Reiman, S Watts, DT Crumedy, K Little

I would have all 3 of the "F" boys ahead of Latham myself with maybe Fashanu slipping behind him.

But some of that is with a Dolphin fit in mind, if I was running a more power scheme then Latham would be #3 behind Alt and Fuaga.

I can NOT remember a draft class where the #5 OT was a guy the caliber of whichever one goes 5th!

I don’t have Fuaga as high as you. I think he has a few technical issues with his pass sets. I have Alt, Latham, Fashanu, and Mims ahead of him.

I don’t have Fuaga as high as you. I think he has a few technical issues with his pass sets. I have Alt, Latham, Fashanu, and Mims ahead of him.
I just love the violence he plays with in the run game.

I think his athletic traits are enough that he will improve in pass protection.

I just love the violence he plays with in the run game.

I think his athletic traits are enough that he will improve in pass protection.
He might have to kick inside to OG in the NFL. That is a need for us but do we want to invest a first round pick on an OG?

He might have to kick inside to OG in the NFL. That is a need for us but do we want to invest a first round pick on an OG?
I think he can play OT but he would not have to do it as a rookie in Miami.

But if I thought he was going to only be a G then no, I would not take him that high.

Trade down (assuming the to #11 with the Vikes)

Leggette is a borderline first rounder. I think he ultimately ends up going early Day 2. If he’s there at 55, you write his name on your card and do the worm all the way up to Goodell

You don’t think Latham plays with violence in the run game?
I did not say that, I just like Fuaga better.

Depending on who is on the board at #21 Latham may well be the pick and I will probably be pretty happy with it, unless they pass on a guy I like a lot better.

Latham looks like a perfect fit for what Miami needs, a plug and play replacement for Hunt who could transition out to OT in the future.

You could say that about Fuaga and Fautanu as well and I like them a little more than Latham, but I will trust the team to take the guy they like best should more than one of them be there.

I would be unhappy with Barton or JPJ at #21 but should they move back a bit I would endorse taking a more likely interior only OL.

Leggette is a borderline first rounder. I think he ultimately ends up going early Day 2. If he’s there at 55, you write his name on your card and do the worm all the way up to Goodell
I think Minnesota might be aiming all the way to #3 for Drake Maye but obviously that will depend on whether NE takes a QB or trades back.

I think he goes at the bottom of the first.

Brendan Rice ,Mason McCormick, Jared Verse
It sounds like McCormick is going to go much earlier than all the media have him ranked.

Like R2.

I have my heart set on landing a future OT but J Newton and McCormick would be a very solid 1-2.

Back
Top Bottom