Favorite upset Game that Coach Shula dominated | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite upset Game that Coach Shula dominated

I was at the Bears game and it was the most excited I had ever been at a game I actually attended. To sit and listen to all the Bear fans in the stadium before the game and them yelling how the Bears were going to destory the Dolphins. Then watch them leave early with their tails between their legs, the greatest and most satisfying home win in Dolphin history, IMO.

The bears victory on their way to the Superbowl

I posted earlier that I became a Dolphins fan because of Shula and Marino, well it became official at the 85 Bears game, man was the Orange Bowl rocking that night. I was 9 years old, had been on vacation with my parents and sister. My parents had vacation, and talked to the school to allow me and the sister to miss a week and make up work. My Dad took me to the game, my first NFL game ever. I already thought I liked the Dolphins, but that night confirmed my thoughts. I was fired up, such an exciting atmosphere.

Bears 85
Phins Leon Lett game Thanksgiving 93 in the Dallas snow :D
This Cowboys game has got to be my favorite. The Cowboys were the better team. The Cowboys dominated. If it weren't bad enough playing in Dallas on Thanksgiving, against possibly their best team of all time, it was the most un-Dolphin weather possible ... snow!

But Shula's team was simply better coached. Jimmy Johnson's team of athletes played with superior athleticism. Don Shula's team of disciplined and prepared executors did exactly as they were taught to do. Ultimately one great athlete made one mental error that honestly wasn't his fault--he should have been COACHED not to ever do that. The better coached Dolphins stole a victory from the jaws of defeat in Dallas that day ... and there were many cries of Thanksgiving ... and Tur-Duck-En legs to hand out.

This Cowboys game has got to be my favorite. The Cowboys were the better team. The Cowboys dominated. If it weren't bad enough playing in Dallas on Thanksgiving, against possibly their best team of all time, it was the most un-Dolphin weather possible ... snow!

But Shula's team was simply better coached. Jimmy Johnson's team of athletes played with superior athleticism. Don Shula's team of disciplined and prepared executors did exactly as they were taught to do. Ultimately one great athlete made one mental error that honestly wasn't his fault--he should have been COACHED not to ever do that. The better coached Dolphins stole a victory from the jaws of defeat in Dallas that day ... and there were many cries of Thanksgiving ... and Tur-Duck-En legs to hand out.
I remember. I was working on Wall Street at the time and one of my Co Workers was a huge Dallas Cowboys Fan. All he ever talked about was the Cowboys. It was non stop from him. He comes up to me a few days before the game and started bustin my ballz about how Dallas was going to shut Miami out. So the wise azz propositions me to bet him in the game. In front of the entire office.

I took him up on his bet, in large part because I was embarrassed to say no. On the day before the game, many of my co workers were privately telling me they hope Miami wins. Just to see this Jabroni with his tail up his kaboos.

I was at my girlfriends house at the time watching the game. When Leon Lett lost his mind and it resulted in Miami winning I jumped like I never jumped before. I was completely nuts.

Needless to say, on Monday when he returned to work, he wouldn't talk to me. I never said a word, never berated him or made any kind of unwelcomed gestures towards him. He would continue to talk Cowboys but never, ever spoke to me again. I'll say this, the rest of my co workers let him have it for days on end. They really got to him. I stayed silent letting the win, eat at him. I'll never forget that as long as I live. There is so much more to this story, but I'll leave it at this.

I remember. I was working on Wall Street at the time and one of my Co Workers was a huge Dallas Cowboys Fan. All he ever talked about was the Cowboys. It was non stop from him. He comes up to me a few days before the game and started bustin my ballz about how Dallas was going to shut Miami out. So the wise azz propositions me to bet him in the game. In front of the entire office.

I took him up on his bet, in large part because I was embarrassed to say no. On the day before the game, many of my co workers were privately telling me they hope Miami wins. Just to see this Jabroni with his tail up his kaboos.

I was at my girlfriends house at the time watching the game. When Leon Lett lost his mind and it resulted in Miami winning I jumped like I never jumped before. I was completely nuts.

Needless to say, on Monday when he returned to work, he wouldn't talk to me. I never said a word, never berated him or made any kind of unwelcomed gestures towards him. He would continue to talk Cowboys but never, ever spoke to me again. I'll say this, the rest of my co workers let him have it for days on end. They really got to him. I stayed silent letting the win, eat at him. I'll never forget that as long as I live. There is so much more to this story, but I'll leave it at this.
Awesome story. You live in Texas at the time?

Back
Top Bottom