Fear The Tua! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fear The Tua!

I dunno if it's just the nature of our culture's short attention span where every good play has to be some sort of amazing highlight for instagram or tik tok or whatever, but the prevailing wisdom with these young "great" QBs is that they have such powerful arms that they are constantly completing passes to guys who aren't open. There isn't a QB in the history of the NFL who has earned a living doing that. What makes QBs great is finding the open guy and getting it to him consistently. I don't care how much of a cannon you have, if you are constantly forcing passes, you're going to get screwed over. I'd take a Brady-type over Favre-type any day of the week.

Then you have Mahomes, who is a Favre type being but being coached by one of the best offensive minds ever and thus he's able to consistently get passes to guys that get open because the offense is schemed to exploit the defense

Yup yup.

It's odd, because Tua got criticized week 1 for missing the open guy.

Now he got criticized for finding the open guy.

Can't make this stuff up.

Still ruffles my feathers to hear people dwelling on the two Tua to Hill tds against busted coverage. It's not like Tua didn't have a great game even if those two plays never happen, he would have finished with 360 yards and 4 tds. Also if we're going to focus on the Ravens two mental lapse can't we do the same about the 100 yard kickoff, the 75 yard pass to Bateman and the 79 yard Jackson run. There were breakdowns on those three plays too that could qualify as mental or comunication errors that resulted in a big score.
Also, if Tua throws that Hail Mary pass at the end that was 55-60 air yards and it comes short like it did… imagine the “not strong enough” should have put skyler in to throw it Tua haters coming out. Instead it’s just Lamar Jackson so it’s not an issue

Back
Top Bottom