Fear The Tua! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fear The Tua!

Still ruffles my feathers to hear people dwelling on the two Tua to Hill tds against busted coverage. It's not like Tua didn't have a great game even if those two plays never happen, he would have finished with 360 yards and 4 tds. Also if we're going to focus on the Ravens two mental lapse can't we do the same about the 100 yard kickoff, the 75 yard pass to Bateman and the 79 yard Jackson run. There were breakdowns on those three plays too that could qualify as mental or comunication errors that resulted in a big score.

Last edited:
We can win this game I think with Edmonds and Mostert screens to beat the Bills front 4, bring the safeties up and the go deep a couple times. Thurman Thomas made a great living running over us with screens. OUR TIME, GO FINS!

Here's a fun stat. Tua when not throwing to Hill or Waddle this season : 25 of 32 for 215 yards, 2 tds and 0 ints. So even when he's not going to the dynamic duo he's been pretty effecient. If you don't include a few passes where he intentionally threw the ball away to avoid pressure, his completion % to "the other guys" is over 80%.

Still ruffles my feathers to hear people dwelling on the two Tua to Hill tds against busted coverage. It's not like Tua didn't have a great game even if those two plays never happen, he would have finished with 360 yards and 4 tds. Also if we're going to focus on the Ravens two mental lapse can't we do the same about the 100 yard kickoff, the 75 yard pass to Bateman and the 79 yard Jackson run. There were breakdowns on those three plays too that could qualify as mental or comunication errors that resulted in a big score.

How dare you!

Don't you know standards change based on who the player is.

Mahomes never hit Hill wide open on busted coverage. He threw Hill open.

Jackson
Whatcha talking about. He's just so fast and athletic he made it look like breakdowns on defense.

Herbert is a gunslinger who just throws deep. Forget that he had 85% more yac than Tua his rookie year. Don't look at how his average in air yards per pass were identical to Tuas. Herbert just places the ball where his WRS can make things happen

Tua is the only QB who benefits from busted coverage or wide open WRS. Nobody, nope, no one else does. It's all them, when it's not Tua

How dare you!

Jackson
Whatcha talking about. He's just so fast and athletic he made it look like breakdowns on defense.

Herbert is a gunslinger who just throws deep. Forget that he had 85% more yac than Tua his rookie year. Don't look at how his average in air yards per pass were identical to Tuas. Herbert just places the ball where his WRS can make things happen

Tua is the only QB who benefits from busted coverage or wide open WRS. Nobody, nope, no one else does. It's all them, when it's not Tua
Yes indeed, as I've always said... there are at least as many big plays that are due to physical or mental errors by defenders than by pure spectacular plays from a wr, qb or rb. Now of couse you have to acknowledge that some of those physical and mental errors are due to defenders trying to adjust to handling a great qb or big play threat at wr or rb.

Yes indeed, as I've always said... there are at least as many big plays that are due to physical or mental errors by defenders than by pure spectacular plays from a wr, qb or rb. Now of couse you have to acknowledge that some of those physical and mental errors are due to defenders trying to adjust to handling a great qb or big play threat at wr or rb.

No... Never. I will admit nothing lol

Funny that Tua is flourishing (or is it Floreslessing?) and Flores is in Pittsburgh with a team that can't even move the ball lol

Pittsburgh would be wise to switch QBS sooner, rather then later.

3 games in and his WRS ARE already showing their frustration with trubisky.

I do not like your usage of the term Phinatics. I identify as a Phins fan or perhaps a Phan. Please provide contact info for my legal team Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe. We will begin legal action against you for this vicious attack.
Thanks for correcting his Phinetics.

Pittsburgh would be wise to switch QBS sooner, rather then later.

3 games in and his WRS ARE already showing their frustration with trubisky.
Tomlin is stubborn, he's doing the patience card to show he's not a panicky coach. Probably going to be his first losing season. I'm all for him keeping Trubisky in past the Miami game lol

Tomlin is stubborn, he's doing the patience card to show he's not a panicky coach. Probably going to be his first losing season.

Yeah, it's a shame. 15 years only to let stubbornness end that streak.

Our scheme and players are gonna force a lot of busted coverages

That term is not self inflicted

How dare you!

Jackson

I dunno if it's just the nature of our culture's short attention span where every good play has to be some sort of amazing highlight for instagram or tik tok or whatever, but the prevailing wisdom with these young "great" QBs is that they have such powerful arms that they are constantly completing passes to guys who aren't open. There isn't a QB in the history of the NFL who has earned a living doing that. What makes QBs great is finding the open guy and getting it to him consistently. I don't care how much of a cannon you have, if you are constantly forcing passes, you're going to get screwed over. I'd take a Brady-type over Favre-type any day of the week.

Then you have Mahomes, who is a Favre type being but being coached by one of the best offensive minds ever and thus he's able to consistently get passes to guys that get open because the offense is schemed to exploit the defense

Noooo. Miami was outplayed and the Ravens beat themselves. Let’s see what they say after we smoke the Bills. Lol

Back
Top Bottom