Fear The Tua! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fear The Tua!

While I'm on Tua's corner, you can';t say the O-line was below average in this game. I just stated this on another thread but Tua went back to throw 51 times and was hit twice......the one sack which was given up by Smythe and just one other hit. The O-line has been dumped on for good reason but they were very good at Baltimore this week.
To me the OL has been average. But that is really all you need. Tua has the fast release. Plus with the speed of Hill/Waddle on a go route the ball still needs to be out fairly quick, if a QB held on too long they would out run almost any QBs arm.

To me the OL has been average. But that is really all you need. Tua has the fast release. Plus with the speed of Hill/Waddle on a go route the ball still needs to be out fairly quick, if a QB held on too long they would out run almost any QBs arm.
Average is way better than what we've had the last 10 years

Agreed, but I've been praying for average OL play for a decade. And Tua's release will make an OL look better than it is.

Great article from Cole at PFF. Miami O is looking Scary.

Have to ask how much McD's play calls have to do with it. For many a year all Phinatics have only questioned and criticized the play calls and with good reason.
How are our play calls now? McD has structured this O as good as can be for our great WR's and Tua's talents.

In return, Tua believes in the calls and McD. The result is a new found confidence and playing like a top pick. You can see it in most every play. In my view, McD won the first game with two 4th down calls and was brilliant in game 2.

This was done with a below average OL who gave up little on 50 throws and a below average run game.

Can't Wait to see what we come up vs Bad Boys Buff and the rest of the of the year.
IMO Tua needs to be less aggressive on many of his throws. I still want the deep shots, but on many of those intermediate throws, the better option was the back or the TE on a texas or shallow cross. Those throws are easier, safer and possibly get just as many yards. When McDaniel said they were forcing it on offense, I thought that was what he was referring to.

IMO Tua needs to be less aggressive on many of his throws. I still want the deep shots, but on many of those intermediate throws, the better option was the back or the TE on a texas or shallow cross. Those throws are easier, safer and possibly get just as many yards. When McDaniel said they were forcing it on offense, I thought that was what he was referring to.
Absolutely is IMO. You could see on all of the tight throws and INTs there were others wide open, if a few yards shorter.

That Baltimore D was gassssssed at the end and the OL looked really good most of the game.

Popping that run in there and letting the clock wind down was the perfect call, even though my son and BiL were screaming (texting in all caps) to take the TO.

As it was, the clock operator and refs almost let them have more time then they should have.

Now the question is, how to deconstruct Barfalo in heavy rain, as it may be the outlook.

While I'm on Tua's corner, you can';t say the O-line was below average in this game. I just stated this on another thread but Tua went back to throw 51 times and was hit twice......the one sack which was given up by Smythe and just one other hit. The O-line has been dumped on for good reason but they were very good at Baltimore this week.

I said this was done with a below average OL and run game meaning this is what McD had to work with. He changed scheme to ZBS, Coached, few players and attitude.
This is what we now have and it is far from done as players are still learning, adapting and getting comfortable.

Quite a work in progress.

And yet they were down 35-14 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Was that by design? guys need to come down from your high and realize that although the Dolphins played well, the injuries and thin Raven's secondary played a huge role. Inexperience and gassed. Still it was an amazing comeback, like once in 50 years type of comeback.

Do you think we'll do that every game? C'mon, we played poorly for the majority of the game and were lucky to win. the Ravens inexperience and their cavalier attitude going for it on 4th down undid undid their dominant lead.

Average to great QB's have had great games in the past, Don Strock had 5 TD's and over 500 yds in a playoff game and wouldn't have started the next game!

Tua had a great game but why is he the second coming now. Lets wait for some consistency and time to see if Tua really has turned a corner. There were many times during Tannehill's reign where I thought he was it and had finally turned a corner for it to all come crumbling down.

all it takes is for one team to out scheme us and then this copycat league will have a blueprint to deal with our two super turbo offense. Lets hope we'll be like the Rams of old, the greatest show on turf, and take it to the league for many seasons to come.

Just a thought but if Lamar Jackson becomes available next year, which he will, would you guys prefer him? It's a tough call.

Back
Top Bottom