Fear The Tua! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fear The Tua!

And yet they were down 35-14 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Was that by design? guys need to come down from your high and realize that although the Dolphins played well, the injuries and thin Raven's secondary played a huge role. Inexperience and gassed. Still it was an amazing comeback, like once in 50 years type of comeback.

Do you think we'll do that every game? C'mon, we played poorly for the majority of the game and were lucky to win. the Ravens inexperience and their cavalier attitude going for it on 4th down undid undid their dominant lead.

Average to great QB's have had great games in the past, Don Strock had 5 TD's and over 500 yds in a playoff game and wouldn't have started the next game!

Tua had a great game but why is he the second coming now. Lets wait for some consistency and time to see if Tua really has turned a corner. There were many times during Tannehill's reign where I thought he was it and had finally turned a corner for it to all come crumbling down.

all it takes is for one team to out scheme us and then this copycat league will have a blueprint to deal with our two super turbo offense. Lets hope we'll be like the Rams of old, the greatest show on turf, and take it to the league for many seasons to come.

Just a thought but if Lamar Jackson becomes available next year, which he will, would you guys prefer him? It's a tough call.
Do you honestly think the Ravens won’t franchise Lamar, assuming they can’t reach a long-term deal? C’mon.

Am I not seeing the offensive player of the week thread?? Did it get merged?? Figured that would be at the top of the board all day today!

Great article from Cole at PFF. Miami O is looking Scary.

Have to ask how much McD's play calls have to do with it. For many a year all Phinatics have only questioned and criticized the play calls and with good reason.
How are our play calls now? McD has structured this O as good as can be for our great WR's and Tua's talents.

In return, Tua believes in the calls and McD. The result is a new found confidence and playing like a top pick. You can see it in most every play. In my view, McD won the first game with two 4th down calls and was brilliant in game 2.

This was done with a below average OL who gave up little on 50 throws and a below average run game.

Can't Wait to see what we come up vs Bad Boys Buff and the rest of the of the year.

Thanks to Ross, we now have the HIMARS weapons system in football.

The firepower available to the Fins has no equivalent in the NFL. Disagree if you please. Call me a homer. All good.

Buffalo has howitzers. We have the HIMARS. 😎

Offense: I think people forgot that we were moving the ball on them with just Waddle, Gesicki, and with Gaskin. We are FAR MORE EQUIPPED then we were last year for the Bills. I looked at the Bills forum and one of them said just double waddle and hill..... BIG MISTAKE that leaves Gesicki 1 on 1 and possibly deep middle shots to our RB or spread them thinner with more receivers. I can't wait until EZ is ready to go and learns the offense. I think McD is having fun with it now making him learn the F spot.

Defense: These guys need to wake the he'll up and start playing a complete game like we are used to. Boyer better get his head out his ass because in my opinion the jury is still out on him as a DC. I see a inconsistent defense with good half time adjustments.... inexcusable with what we seen the past couple years with Cryin Flores.

And yet they were down 35-14 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Was that by design? guys need to come down from your high and realize that although the Dolphins played well, the injuries and thin Raven's secondary played a huge role. Inexperience and gassed. Still it was an amazing comeback, like once in 50 years type of comeback.

Do you think we'll do that every game? C'mon, we played poorly for the majority of the game and were lucky to win. the Ravens inexperience and their cavalier attitude going for it on 4th down undid undid their dominant lead.

Average to great QB's have had great games in the past, Don Strock had 5 TD's and over 500 yds in a playoff game and wouldn't have started the next game!

Tua had a great game but why is he the second coming now. Lets wait for some consistency and time to see if Tua really has turned a corner. There were many times during Tannehill's reign where I thought he was it and had finally turned a corner for it to all come crumbling down.

all it takes is for one team to out scheme us and then this copycat league will have a blueprint to deal with our two super turbo offense. Lets hope we'll be like the Rams of old, the greatest show on turf, and take it to the league for many seasons to come.

Just a thought but if Lamar Jackson becomes available next year, which he will, would you guys prefer him? It's a tough call.
For you maybe - LOL

Offense: I think people forgot that we were moving the ball on them with just Waddle, Gesicki, and with Gaskin. We are FAR MORE EQUIPPED then we were last year for the Bills. I looked at the Bills forum and one of them said just double waddle and hill..... BIG MISTAKE that leaves Gesicki 1 on 1 and possibly deep middle shots to our RB or spread them thinner with more receivers. I can't wait until EZ is ready to go and learns the offense. I think McD is having fun with it now making him learn the F spot.

Defense: These guys need to wake the he'll up and start playing a complete game like we are used to. Boyer better get his head out his ass because in my opinion the jury is still out on him as a DC. I see a inconsistent defense with good half time adjustments.... inexcusable with what we seen the past couple years with Cryin Flores.
The Ravens offense is pretty tough. Dual threat QB, great TE, a couple of very fast WRs. They dominated a weak Pats offense. The typical game will fall somewhere in the middle.

Nobody expects Tua’s game against the Ravens to repeat this week. Most of us believe this game will be harder to win than the Ravens game, and think we need a near-perfect game from play-calling and execution to have a shot.

But we saw something new last week…Ravens defense or not. Tua executed at a level we didn’t expect this early in a new system. The OL did far better against a strong DL than we could’ve predicted. Run game didn’t take off, but you can see potential in it. No Dolphins QB since Marino executed at that level…not saying he’s the 2nd coming, like you said, need consistency. But we now know more is possible and should be expected going forward. Maybe not in this game…Bills are all-around dominant. But this is the perfect opportunity to see where we’re really at and how we proceed from there.

The defense didn’t look good, except for a 4th down stop or two, until later in the game. They’re my primary concern in this game…Bills O is a legit juggernaut. If they can show up like we’ve seen they “can,” we’ll have a shot.

Nobody expects Tua’s game against the Ravens to repeat this week. Most of us believe this game will be harder to win than the Ravens game, and think we need a near-perfect game from play-calling and execution to have a shot.

But we saw something new last week…Ravens defense or not. Tua executed at a level we didn’t expect this early in a new system. The OL did far better against a strong DL than we could’ve predicted. Run game didn’t take off, but you can see potential in it. No Dolphins QB since Marino executed at that level…not saying he’s the 2nd coming, like you said, need consistency. But we now know more is possible and should be expected going forward. Maybe not in this game…Bills are all-around dominant. But this is the perfect opportunity to see where we’re really at and how we proceed from there.

The defense didn’t look good, except for a 4th down stop or two, until later in the game. They’re my primary concern in this game…Bills O is a legit juggernaut. If they can show up like we’ve seen they “can,” we’ll have a shot.

My sentiments exactly.

The Ravens offense is pretty tough. Dual threat QB, great TE, a couple of very fast WRs. They dominated a weak Pats offense. The typical game will fall somewhere in the middle.
Yea, I can agree with that. I think the Bills in a way are easier to defend since Allen does not have the speed Jackson does. I hope one of our guys lays Allen out. The Bills are prone to screwing up too on offense via fumble, INT, or just a simple miscommunication and 3 and out. so we need to capitalize on them.

To me there is a massive difference between Tua and Tanny as far as prospects go.

First Tanny to me was overdrafted. He was a kid with some good physical traits but was an just ok at actually playing QB. Should a been 2nd rounder at best. He was drafted to see if he could become a great QB. He became a solid QB.

With Tua it was completely different type of prospect. Tua was an amazing QB and was a sure fire lock 1st overall for 2 years then the hip injury. He fell to 5 and the question was never about can he be an elite QB, but more of can he physically/mentally get back to the type of QB. This year he look bigger/stronger like before. The mental thing has been the issue at times some throws against NE and against Bal, he would hesitate hitch and throw and would throw soft/late. In the 2nd you saw the Bama confidence/swagger.

What you saw in the 2nd half is what Tua looked like all the time at Bama. I get it Baltimore was dinged up and blew some coverage, but that is not what I mean when I say you saw Bama Tua. Throws like Gesicki TD, Waddle late TD, that out to Gesicki right behind the backer, the throw to Hill between 3 defenders, even the incomplete pass to Waddle in the end zone (though 6 inches to far). All those passes Baltimore had very good to great coverage. But Tua basically said I am better then you and I can beat your coverage. All those throws are very hard throws, and very few QBs can consistently make them.

Now I am not saying he is for sure back and yes he needs to play with that swagger game in and game out. And no he won't throw for 400 a game. But I have seen Tua make those elite level throw consistently game in and game out at Bama. While I have never seen Tannehill make those type of throws consistently in college or the NFL.

I think McDaniel is perfect for Tua. Between the injury and the crap Flo put the kid through, he looked like he lost trust in himself. Looking like he was not just playing ball anymore and making plays. It was like he was hesitate, always worried about making a mistake instead of just making a play.

Also I don't think Hill was just puffing up his QB, when he stated he was the most accurate QB he has played with. But there is a different between having the confidence to make those throw in practice vs a real game.

There was times when hill has 3 defenders on him. If this happens much then waddle or gisicky will have huge days statwise. Its pick your poison time this year.

There was times when hill has 3 defenders on him. If this happens much then waddle or gisicky will have huge days statwise. Its pick your poison time this year.
Well, in many of those situations, they dropped 8 or 9, so there were multiple receivers being doubled...but that also means SOMEBODY's either on single or free.

I do not like your usage of the term Phinatics. I identify as a Phins fan or perhaps a Phan. Please provide contact info for my legal team Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe. We will begin legal action against you for this vicious attack.

If the officials allow teams to hold our dynamic duo, THAT is the only way they can be stopped… other than a the OLine totally collapsing. All your posts are negative towards Tua. Jackson is a great talent who has won nothing as yet. Same as Watson. Herbert has a losing record, and is a walking wounded with a far less severe hit than Tua took against the Bills. Maybe give the speculation a rest and see what transpires. No one here expects the Dolphins to have an easy time Sunday, especially Tua.

Back
Top Bottom