Feedler will be the opening day starter? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feedler will be the opening day starter?

mbmonk

Dolphin's official bedwetter
Reaction score
** I am aware there is a ton of time before the season, this is just speculation **

After reading a couple of articles about how AJ Feeley is struggling to grasp the offense it looks more and more that old Jay will be the starter come opening day. I dont neccesarily think that is a BAD thing. While I have honestly had my fill of Jay, I think he can hold the starting QB spot until Feeley is read to take the reins, whenever that may happen.

Last year Rodeny Pete was the opening day starter and got yanked at half time in favor of Delhomme in Carolina. I think much the same thing will play out this year for the phins. Feedler will start opening day but once Feeley grasps the offense he will become the starter, unless Jay is playing really well but I doubt that will happen :). If Feeley doesnt start opening day, no big deal, but once he is ready Wantardo will have to put him in, he cant sit the bench anymore.

What do you guys think?

PS: If this topic has been beat to death I apologize, I have been gone awhile

This sounds very reasonable. Unless AJ really shines in preseason, you probably have it right. Don't worry about beating anything to death, it happens all the time. Wanny would be in a coma based on the whoopin he's taken here :roflmao:

hey mb, good to see you again....How was prison?

;) :jk: :D

Our camp reporters don't think that Feeley struggled as much as, these national guys seem to think. For whatever that's worth....

Floater King

Yeah, it will be great to see interceptions, fumbles over/underthrown passes to wide open receivers by Jay "Dud" Fielder. I knew that he was going to be the opening day starter even after the trade of Feeley (wasted another 2nd round pick again) because Wanny runs the show. It shows that the Miami Dolphins don't get it and the Miami Heat (see Shaq trade) do get it. There will be two blimps flying over Joe Robbie Stadium: The Good-Year blimp and Jay Fiedler's Throwing-The-Football-Version blimps. Yeah, folks we are in for another exciting season of Wanny-Fiedler-Dud ball.:confused:

I can't wait to see Jay start and shine this year. I have been doubtful in the past everytime he stepped onto the field, but I have this funny feeling that he is going to be on point this year. I think he has recommited himself, and he is determined to prove all of the haters wrong once and for all.

I used to blame Jay after the games because I'd say, "he only throws the ball to one guy", and then I realized that it's because the other guys can't get open. If chambers is trippled up, we just get a dump off to Ricky or Konrad. Not this year. There is going to be a dust cloud blowing up and down the left side of the field behind Boston. Jay will finally have a bonified second option that can actually get open sometimes. Thats will free up the AFC'c best kept secret Randy McMicheal (if he is playing) and it will allow Ricky some room. Jeno is going to have this line playing a lot better.
I see nothing but improvments on this offense. If Jay fails again, then I'll accept any critism, but lets just wait and see what happens.

mbmonk said:
** I am aware there is a ton of time before the season, this is just speculation **

After reading a couple of articles about how AJ Feeley is struggling to grasp the offense it looks more and more that old Jay will be the starter come opening day. I dont neccesarily think that is a BAD thing. While I have honestly had my fill of Jay, I think he can hold the starting QB spot until Feeley is read to take the reins, whenever that may happen.

Last year Rodeny Pete was the opening day starter and got yanked at half time in favor of Delhomme in Carolina. I think much the same thing will play out this year for the phins. Feedler will start opening day but once Feeley grasps the offense he will become the starter, unless Jay is playing really well but I doubt that will happen :). If Feeley doesnt start opening day, no big deal, but once he is ready Wantardo will have to put him in, he cant sit the bench anymore.

What do you guys think?

PS: If this topic has been beat to death I apologize, I have been gone awhile
I say its still way premature to assume AJ is not gonna be ready, they haven't even started hitting yet, let training camp progress and a few pre-season games happen before we doom ourselves to Jay Fiedler again.......please!

Halifax said:
I can't wait to see Jay start and shine this year. I have been doubtful in the past everytime he stepped onto the field, but I have this funny feeling that he is going to be on point this year. I think he has recommited himself, and he is determined to prove all of the haters wrong once and for all.

I used to blame Jay after the games because I'd say, "he only throws the ball to one guy", and then I realized that it's because the other guys can't get open. If chambers is trippled up, we just get a dump off to Ricky or Konrad. Not this year. There is going to be a dust cloud blowing up and down the left side of the field behind Boston. Jay will finally have a bonified second option that can actually get open sometimes. Thats will free up the AFC'c best kept secret Randy McMicheal (if he is playing) and it will allow Ricky some room. Jeno is going to have this line playing a lot better.
I see nothing but improvments on this offense. If Jay fails again, then I'll accept any critism, but lets just wait and see what happens.
Jay has played inconsistently for four years, his level of play has dropped commensurate with the amount of pressure a game provides, adding David Boston for Jay will just give him one more open receiver he won't get the ball too with any consistency.

I have no doubts whatsoever that Jay Fiedler will be the starter on opening day. Barring an injury in preseason that prevents him from playing, he will be the starter. Remember guys, this is Dave we are talking about. Jay is his boy and he will sink with him.

Wannyball 2004........cant wait......

jaketaylor said:
I have no doubts whatsoever that Jay Fiedler will be the starter on opening day. Barring an injury in preseason that prevents him from playing, he will be the starter. Remember guys, this is Dave we are talking about. Jay is his boy and he will sink with him.

Wannyball 2004........cant wait......
Right on!!!

With Trestman as the qb coach, I don't care who starts, the last time Jay played well he had a position coach, last year without one, really hurt..as someone put up stats on this board prior to last year, each year we got better..I think that position coach makes all the difference.

Halifax said:

I thought that too, last year. I am tired of thinking Jay is going to break out... he has had THREE years with Chambers and still can not hit him in-stride for a deep pass. IMO that is unacceptable. It is definitely time for Feeley to have his chance.

Oboy said:
I thought that too, last year. I am tired of thinking Jay is going to break out... he has had THREE years with Chambers and still can not hit him in-stride for a deep pass. IMO that is unacceptable. It is definitely time for Feeley to have his chance.

The wried part is that we know Chambers because of his rookie season catching all those bombs from Jay, How is it he can't hit he in stride now..that boogles my mind. Did the thumb break affect Jay that much that he can't grip the ball like he use to and thus can't throw the bomb accurately anymore.

MDFINFAN said:
The wried part is that we know Chambers because of his rookie season catching all those bombs from Jay, How is it he can't hit he in stride now..that boogles my mind. Did the thumb break affect Jay that much that he can't grip the ball like he use to and thus can't throw the bomb accurately anymore.
Jay didn't hit him in stride......Chambers and to jump and fight for the balls that were deep, or he broke a tackle and took off. Don't really remember ever seeing a bomb caught in stride taken in for a TD by chambers (I think McKnight had one once).

Back
Top Bottom