Feedler will be the opening day starter? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feedler will be the opening day starter?

mbmonk said:
** I am aware there is a ton of time before the season, this is just speculation **

After reading a couple of articles about how AJ Feeley is struggling to grasp the offense it looks more and more that old Jay will be the starter come opening day. I dont neccesarily think that is a BAD thing. While I have honestly had my fill of Jay, I think he can hold the starting QB spot until Feeley is read to take the reins, whenever that may happen.

Last year Rodeny Pete was the opening day starter and got yanked at half time in favor of Delhomme in Carolina. I think much the same thing will play out this year for the phins. Feedler will start opening day but once Feeley grasps the offense he will become the starter, unless Jay is playing really well but I doubt that will happen :). If Feeley doesnt start opening day, no big deal, but once he is ready Wantardo will have to put him in, he cant sit the bench anymore.

What do you guys think?

PS: If this topic has been beat to death I apologize, I have been gone awhile
Mark this on your calendar ok :cool: July 30th Miami Dolphins TC. O! and dont forget the first game of preseason which will determine starter.

Halifax said:
Ok this is the deal. AJ Feeley in my mind will become the starter eventually. The argument I have for Feedler is only based on the fact that the guy CAN play well and manage a game. Tom Brady can't scramble like Feidler, has just about the same arm strength, and he is supposed to be one of the best in the business.
Dont forget accuracy and decision making. Brady excells at both, Fiedler is adequate at neither.

Feebler already HAS broken out; this is the best you're gonna see out of him.
Now Feebly could be a player, but until deep into TC no one will know for sure, Wanny in particular...

Feebler?

Halifax posted: "The argument I have for Feedler is only based on the fact that the guy CAN play well and manage a game. Tom Brady can't scramble like Feidler, has just about the same arm strength, and he is supposed to be one of the best in the business. The thing Brady has that Feidler does not, is an excellent coordinator who calls plays that compliment Brady's strengths, and a very solid group of guys playing offense with him."

You aren't seriously putting Feebler and Brady in the same class, are you? Brady, with no #1 RB and a flock of small no name receivers, has gone all the way twice in three years. Feebbler, with Ricky, Chambers, et al, has gone golfing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Halifax said:
Jay's strengths (horizontal passing, clock control, movement in the pocket etc)
I'll agree that Jay moves well in the pocket and out, but I don't really understand "horizontal passing". I mean, if you want to score you must move down the field verically, not horizontally. And if you say horizontal passing is like out patterns and such, that is most definetly not Jay's strength (see Texans game 2003).

inFINSible said:
hey mb, good to see you again....How was prison?

;) :jk: :D

Our camp reporters don't think that Feeley struggled as much as, these national guys seem to think. For whatever that's worth....

butt's a tad sore and my throat is a tad raw, but I am happy to be out now :)

jk :)

inFINSible said:
hey mb, good to see you again....How was prison?

;) :jk: :D

Our camp reporters don't think that Feeley struggled as much as, these national guys seem to think. For whatever that's worth....

NOT WORTH MUCH
:roflmao:

J/K

DolFinatic718 said:
NOT WORTH MUCH
:roflmao:

J/K
Although I don't know for certain but I think it may be worth more. The national guys don't carefully watch pretty much every practice. Of course they may not have an agenda either, but I think the locals all have different agendas and I don't recall any leaving out the marked improvement on Feeley's part. Doesn't mean he is good of course. But we don't know that he is bad either.

mbmonk said:
unless Jay is playing really well but I doubt that will happen :).

Yeah, well don't hold your breath. It's not unheard of, for Fiedler to play well. It's the inconsitency that kills him. Hopefully he will get that turned around this year.

Just for the record, I find it hard to believe that Feeley is having this much trouble with our playbook. Sounds to me, more or less, like a cover-up for the fact that he's just no good. Seems as if they just don't want the media, and the fans finding out that we threw away a 2nd round pick on a guy who will never be anything more than a back-up.

Just a thought.

Truthfully, what other choice besides Fiedler do we have on opening day? If Feeley doesn't know what the he// he's doing we're screwed and everybody knows full well there's no chance Sage is going to have a shot. :shakeno: I have a feeling that even if Jay were to get hurt, an inexperienced Feeley would play before an informed Rosenfels. They've spent too much on A.J. to put Sage in first, they'd never hear the end of it.

In my opinion Jay choked in the New England game. I thought it just as it happened and nothing has changed my mind.

What I dont understand is why are we doing the same routine we have done the past 2 years? Its not Lucas this time or Brian Griese but maybe itll work with AJ, nah time for a different approach.

Start Fiedler Week One, wait for him to get injured then send in the backup who is supposed to magically be ready to play up to his full potential.. We all know Fiedler is only gonna be good for 1 or 2 games at best through a whole season and that he will be injured by week 8 so why not just start Feeley Week 1 (if he is comfortable with the offense) and hope for the best..

If Feeley goes down for whatever reason you KNOW Fieldler will be ready to be a capable back-up for those 1 or 2 games(thats it though)..

BSQX4 said:
In my opinion Jay choked in the New England game. I thought it just as it happened and nothing has changed my mind.
He's choked in a slew of other games too. Most Notably the New England game.

Sometimes he can handle pressure, a lot of the time he cant.

Back
Top Bottom