Feedler will be the opening day starter? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feedler will be the opening day starter?

catapano said:
did you watch the thanksgiving game against dallas?
Yeah, we should've got that QB to play the other 14 games of the season (excluding closer against NYJ).

catapano said:

Blah Blah Blah. You Fiedler lovers cling to that game like a baby to its secruity blanket. In four years you guys have 1 game to talk about.
Give it a rest.

P.S. This will be my last post in this thread because I fear we may be starting another "Feidler sux, no he doesn't thread." And quite frankly the facts speak for themselves and I am tired of talking about him. :tongue:

ok easy boys, so lets get everybodys opinion on how preseason should be handled regarding the QB spot. do we play feeley for a complete game and than give fiedler a complete game, maybe subbing sage in the forth in each? or do we give them each a quarter? maybe fiedler in the 1st and aj in the 2nd? how does everybody think its gonna unfold?

Ok this is the deal. AJ Feeley in my mind will become the starter eventually. The argument I have for Feedler is only based on the fact that the guy CAN play well and manage a game. Tom Brady can't scramble like Feidler, has just about the same arm strength, and he is supposed to be one of the best in the business. The thing Brady has that Feidler does not, is an excellent coordinator who calls plays that compliment Brady's strengths, and a very solid group of guys playing offense with him. Wanny has to realize that in order to win in the NFL, you have to play to the QB's strengths, not the RB's even if it is Ricky back there. If we could get a Coordinator that understands Jay's strengths (horizontal passing, clock control, movement in the pocket etc) and plays the game around the QB instead of using the QB as a second option when the run isn't working, we'd be laughing. Dave should really stick to defense and let someone who knows offensive strategy work the offense. And forget about saying that we had Turner. Turner is not what he's hyped up to be, and its not like it was his philosophy anyway.

Jay Feidler is a good QB and he knows how to win and he'd die trying. I'm sick of hearing all the S**t about him being terrible. He's not the best out there, but on a team like this we don't need the best QB. He can get us where we need to go. I'm excited about Feeley being there as an option, and if he is better then let him play, BUT, only if he is better. If Feidler starts and sucks then say whatever you want to about my opinion. This is a new year and I think he really deserves the chance to play with the new look offense.

Wannstedt starts Fiedler because that's our best QB at the moment. We got to wait for Feeley to understand the system and perfect the system.

Not you, not Lee Trevino, not Tony Montana or better yet Joe Montana, not The Amazing Kreskin, not Shula, Lombardi or or even Bill Walsh knows how Feeley is going to play on opening day. The guy has to come out, take the first snap and a few hours later we'll all know alot more than we do now. Until then why even bother saying he won't do well, Jay will start. We just don't know yet. The good news is that we'll know soon. Guys, relax. Subject has been beaten to death, let's just wait, then we can either praise or deride.

ok that is an awesome avatar MB and i think feidler will be the starter this year again and then he will go down like usual then feeley will come in....mess up and then fiedler will come in and lead us to the playoffs and then next year maybe feeley will be the starter...

The following week!

catapano said:
Did you see Fiedlers' performance in the game against New England the following week, please don't use the excuse it was snowing! This team does not practise kicking field goals in the dirt of the baseball infield!:confused:

no excuses he didnt play very good in that game but new england is the superbowl champ and we had our backs up against the wall in that game. fiedler was forced to throw from the endzone and he made a bad decision. not to mention we were playing in their backyard with their fans, ask any team if playing in new england in december is an easy task and you will get the same answer every time. wouldnt have hurt to have more than one reciever to throw the ball to either, and yeah i know we have mc michael but one goal line situations he has to help block.
WHAT UP WIT DEM CANES:up:

Wanny needs to pull his head out of Fiedler's *** and make this a fair competition and allow the best person to hold the job

Plays VS Excuses

catapano said:
no excuses he didnt play very good in that game but new england is the superbowl champ and we had our backs up against the wall in that game. fiedler was forced to throw from the endzone and he made a bad decision. not to mention we were playing in their backyard with their fans, ask any team if playing in new england in december is an easy task and you will get the same answer every time. wouldnt have hurt to have more than one reciever to throw the ball to either, and yeah i know we have mc michael but one goal line situations he has to help block.
WHAT UP WIT DEM CANES:up:
That is the difference between the Miami Dolphins and the New England Patriots: the Miami Dolphins make excuses while the New England Patriots make plays. The Patriots had all kinds of injuries and released a solid DB in Milloy and NEVER made any excuses and won the Super Bowl and probably repeat as Super Bowl Champions if anything at least as AFC East division champs. Thank you very much.:confused:

hal20001963 said:
That is the difference between the Miami Dolphins and the New England Patriots: the Miami Dolphins make excuses while the New England Patriots make plays. The Patriots had all kinds of injuries and released a solid DB in Milloy and NEVER made any excuses and won the Super Bowl and probably repeat as Super Bowl Champions if anything at least as AFC East division champs. Thank you very much.:confused:
YOUR WELCOME:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom