Feeley and 2nd round pick. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley and 2nd round pick.

New Era

Scout Team
Reaction score
Lets just say we had our 2nd round pick this year and A.J. was in this years draft with the other QB's. Do you think A.J. would last into the 2nd round from what we saw of him this year against NFL competition? I think he may be drafted mid 1st round. My point is, we already know what A.J. can do, we don't know what these other guys can do verses the same competition. I think we got a fair deal. The draft could look like this:
1st round- Cadillac Williams RB Auburn
2nd round- A.J. Feely QB Oregon
3rd round- Mike Nugent K Ohio State
4th round- Ben Wilkerson OL LSU
5th round- Matt Grootagood DB USC
6th round- Adrian Mcphearson

I would love the last pick but there is NO WAY he will last that long, i think we should take a chance on him in the 3rd.

AJ Feeley sucked last year. What the hell makes him a first round pick.

New Era said:
Lets just say we had our 2nd round pick this year and A.J. was in this years draft with the other QB's. Do you think A.J. would last into the 2nd round from what we saw of him this year against NFL competition? I think he may be drafted mid 1st round. My point is, we already know what A.J. can do, we don't know what these other guys can do verses the same competition. I think we got a fair deal. The draft could look like this:
1st round- Cadillac Williams RB Auburn
2nd round- A.J. Feely QB Oregon
3rd round- Mike Nugent K Ohio State
4th round- Ben Wilkerson OL LSU
5th round- Matt Grootagood DB USC
6th round- Adrian Mcphearson
I don't see him moving up even given this weak QB class. He didn't play all that much in college and if you were to base it on his performance this year, I doubt he'd be taken even in the 2nd. Don't get me wrong, I think AJ is our QB of the future but I don't think that scouts would give him a second look with such a lopsided TD to INT ratio if he put up those numbers in college.

WvFinFan said:
I would love the last pick but there is NO WAY he will last that long, i think we should take a chance on him in the 3rd.

so true

Phinsdude said:
AJ Feeley sucked last year. What the hell makes him a first round pick.
He was Basically a rookie last year! Did Drew Brees suck his first year? YES. Did Payton Manning suck his 1st year? YES. Did D. Mcnabb suck his 1st year? YES.
Did Brett Favre suck his 1st year? YES. Get the point, most QB's suck their 1st and possibly the 2nd year also.

A 28 year old QB in the first round? Feeley would be more in the Chris Rix range-6th round. He has done nothing in the pros, by the way. Do you guys really feel like he had a good year or something?

Birdman said:
99 percent of rookies will suck their first year, and he had argubly the worst o-line in the NFL.

Only one problem. AJ is no rookie and will be entering his 5th season. I'm not so sure he would go in the 2nd round either. I know Feeley may be a better choice than most of these future rookie qb's based on current ability but it took him 4 years in the nfl to get there. The trade was still horrible considering that we basically gave up a late 1st rounder for him.

Finz Fury said:
Only one problem. AJ is no rookie and will be entering his 5th season. I'm not so sure he would go in the 2nd round either. I know Feeley may be a better choice than most of these future rookie qb's based on current ability but it took him 4 years in the nfl to get there. The trade was still horrible considering that we basically gave up a late 1st rounder for him.

He never played consistanly in the NFl though, making him a rookie IMO....

AJ would go on day one if he is lucky.

Age is more a factor than talent in that though. He probably has second round talent.

Rookie means you groom them into something most of the time. The QB position is changing, and one thing AJ lacks is mobility. He is the most unathletic QB in the nfl. That would go a long way. He can not move.

New Era said:
He was Basically a rookie last year! Did Drew Brees suck his first year? YES. Did Payton Manning suck his 1st year? YES. Did D. Mcnabb suck his 1st year? YES.
Did Brett Favre suck his 1st year? YES. Get the point, most QB's suck their 1st and possibly the 2nd year also.
people have got to stop using the "Feeley is basically a rookie!" argument...he is gonna be 28 in May and will be entering his 5th year in the league!

you cannot compare AJ to Manning at 22/McNabb at 22/Favre at 23

Back
Top Bottom