Feeley Deserves More Credit. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Deserves More Credit.

TRUDOLFAN54

PHINZ4LIFE!!!!
Reaction score
Well Im Just Stating My Opinion Here And I Think This Guy Got Better As Season Went On.once He Got On The Same Page With The Wr's And Lets Not Forget The Te That Was Extinct Till Feeley Came In The Lineup This Guy Has Potential. He Has Alot Of Upside Ya He Made A Couple Of Bonehead Mistakes That Made Me Mad But THIS GUY TOOK A BEATING Look What New Guy Just Comes In And Tears It Up His First Year.this Kid Needs Time And I Really Think He Could Get Us Where We Want To Go And Thats The Big Dance.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
Well Im Just Stating My Opinion Here And I Think This Guy Got Better As Season Went On.once He Got On The Same Page With The Wr's And Lets Not Forget The Te That Was Extinct Till Feeley Came In The Lineup This Guy Has Potential. He Has Alot Of Upside Ya He Made A Couple Of Bonehead Mistakes That Made Me Mad But THIS GUY TOOK A BEATING Look What New Guy Just Comes In And Tears It Up His First Year.this Kid Needs Time And I Really Think He Could Get Us Where We Want To Go And Thats The Big Dance.

Feeley deserves credit when he wins 9 games. Until then he is a QB in the NFL. After turning the corner past 8-8 he will desrve some credit. that being said, He obvioiusly has a bit of credit or he wouldn't me here. How much credit does one 4-12 QB need?

You make some good points. I agree with you I think this year he will turn some heads. Last year we had a terrible o-line and coaching staff was a joke. Our offense has been so predicatable over the last few years. I think with the new coaching staff and a new offensive scheme Feeley should be able to produce this year.

I agree that Feeley has potential. I believe he will be the starter for the first game, although I think he will be shaky the first games but if he stays the starter he will improve drasticly. I think every qb that takes over after a great....like dan the man.....will always get hated on and ragged on for every mistake because we want another great. But that should be quite some time before we see a great in Miami, Feeley will be good...but not great. And nobody will ever replace Dans shoes.

i think feeley can become good, but for us to win a championship with him, i believe ronnie brown and relying on our defense is the only way, im kinda saying he can be good, but not that great qb that he, himself leads the team to a championship.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:

He made more than just a couple of bonehead mistakes. He threw an astronomical amount of interceptions for TD's........ For every great throw me made, there were 3 or 4 bad ones. He's still a massive unkown at this point.

KPDolfan424 said:
I agree that Feeley has potential. I believe he will be the starter for the first game, although I think he will be shaky the first games but if he stays the starter he will improve drasticly. I think every qb that takes over after a great....like dan the man.....will always get hated on and ragged on for every mistake because we want another great. But that should be quite some time before we see a great in Miami, Feeley will be good...but not great. And nobody will ever replace Dans shoes.

Honestly, I don't think those pads(Marinos') will be put on Feeley's shoulders. They were already placed on the man that was put in place after Dan's retirment. We all know how that went. Now the focus is on the Head Coach to prove that Jimmy and Dave couldn't be Shula and that Saban might be.

I think there is more pressure on Saban than AJ. this time around the block. Is AJ Saban's man, nobody knows yet. If he is will he produce to our expectations in Sabans system? Nobody knows yet.

I am willing to ride yet another year to learn those things though. If we see good improvement in both areas, then we know we may be on the right track.

Finland said:
Feeley deserves credit when he wins 9 games. Until then he is a QB in the NFL. After turning the corner past 8-8 he will desrve some credit. that being said, He obvioiusly has a bit of credit or he wouldn't me here. How much credit does one 4-12 QB need?

He actually only started 8 games, so technically he is a 3-5 QB. And besides the whole team sucked. The QB is not solely responsible for wins and losses.

clownfish said:
He actually only started 8 games, so technically he is a 3-5 QB. And besides the whole team sucked. The QB is not solely responsible for wins and losses.

Yeah but the Qb is gonna get the credit or the blame, regardless.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:

I thought it about Griese and I think it about Feeley. Griese did fine in Tampa Bay, given the fair shot. I think Feeley deserves an undistracted look, but with Ferrote there, I don't think he'll get it. I worry about the reports from minicamp too (jump passes????). Hopefully he turns it around enough for us to at least see if we have a QB or not. Because Gus is just a patch for now.

clownfish said:

Sorry, I think you have the wrong crowd here. Everone these days puts everything on the QB, there is no team involved, just the QB. Even though there is no "QB" in "Team". Go figure.

The reason Feeley will always have problems proving himself has to do with the fact that he's known for being a terrible practice player. If you're as inconsistent as he is at this point, you really need to be shining in practice.

enigmatics said:
He made more than just a couple of bonehead mistakes. He threw an astronomical amount of interceptions for TD's........ For every great throw me made, there were 3 or 4 bad ones. He's still a massive unkown at this point.

Then how the hell did he have a completion percentage of 53.7%? I think your numbers are way off. He had an equal amount of great throws and bad throws, with plenty of good throws and stupid decisions in between.

enigmatics said:
The reason Feeley will always have problems proving himself has to do with the fact that he's known for being a terrible practice player. If you're as inconsistent as he is at this point, you really need to be shining in practice.

Now this, I can get behind. This is your best argument yet, and the sole reason I have doubts about him starting(not his potential). In order to get a valid chance at starting you have to prove in practice that you have the ability. This is the area that will hurt him. If alleged reports are true that he is indeed improving in this area, then more power to him. I think the new coaching(teach now) sytem will help him in this reguard. He improved a good deal on his "bone-headed" mistakes after Bates took over.

clownfish said:
Then how the hell did he have a completion percentage of 53.7%? I think your numbers are way off. He had an equal amount of great throws and bad throws, with plenty of good throws and stupid decisions in between.

Since when does completion percentage depict whether his pass was good or bad? I saw Jay Fiedler throw plenty of garbage balls, of which Oronde Gadsden would snag out of thin air.

Back
Top Bottom