Feeley getting beaten out by rookie for... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley getting beaten out by rookie for...

TooDrkPark

Starter
Reaction score
Chargers | Whitehurst to be No. 2 QB Friday
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 05:45:03 -0700
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/179">Jay Paris, of the North County Times, reports San Diego Chargers rookie QB Charlie Whitehurst is pushing veteran QB A.J. Feeley for the role of backing up starting QB Philip Rivers. It'll be Whitehurst, and not Feeley, relieving Rivers and running the second-string Friday, Aug. 18, in the team's preseason game. "With me being a rookie quarterback, it is definitely a slow process and it is a little bit frustrating," Whitehurst said. "You want to be ready to play right now, and realistically that is not going to happen. You take those baby steps and learn from your mistakes.'' Rivers said he likes working with Whitehurst. The pair competed against each other twice, with Rivers' North Carolina State team beating Whitehurst's Tigers both times.

And is anybody supposed to be surprised by this? Feeley has no business even playing in the NFL IMHO, he ought to go to the Jets because he sucks, sucks, sucks.

Isn't there a rule on this board about not using the "F" word. Some are trying to forget as best we can...

Lets do a little contrasting shall we.

Saban and Mueller's credit for a 2nd round pick= Daunte Culpepper

Wannsted and Speilman's credit for a 2nd round pick= A.J Feely

ohhh the memories.....:rolleyes:

clip_image001_0004-1.jpg

clear.gif

clear.gif

20041110insidereax-1.jpg

clear.gif

clear.gif

SFMIAafe002a-1.gif

Just makes you that much more grateful for now having Saban and Culpepper....

Yeah blame that on Speilman. I don't know how that guy gets a job when everyone knows he is the worst evaluator of talent ever. 3rd round pick for Lamar Gordon and a 2nd for A.J. Feely. What a putz!

HAHA! Nice In Flames.

I remember going to the game in Seattle in 2004. All we needed was a field goal to break the tie and give us the win late in the 4th. We were at the Seattle 40 yard line when Feely went for his hot read. He took a two step drop and fired to the slot. Of course he didn't bother to check down and the pass was picked off and returned 60 yards for the winning score. I was riding high that day until that happend. Man did I hear it. Wasn't Feely picked for 6 like 5 times that year?

This really shows the genius gen. managing skills of wanny. Didnt he give up a second-rounder for him and gave him a huge contract? What a complete idiot

Yeah, there were plenty of people around here that were very vocal about backing him over Gus at the time. :rolleyes:

I think Lemon is dramatically better than AJ...

Back
Top Bottom