Feeley getting beaten out by rookie for... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley getting beaten out by rookie for...

Raphael, I read my reply and once again doesnt say what I wanted to say.

Here it is simply.

You may have more expertise than I at evaluation process, wont debate you on that. I dont evaluate nor scout for anyone. Played and coached at lower levels, pop warner mostly coaching played high school.

The point I am making is evaluation is NOT an exact science. I give you the credit for seeing it standing by it and being right. But history is riddled with people paid to evaluate being dead wrong.

The other point was, who was available that was better? In 2004 , Warner?, Tried for Brunell and Ramsey lost out. AJ was the choice. Too high price? Maybe, yeah now in hindsight. 2005 we signed Gus. Gus is not a superior upgrade, yes he is an upgrade and the argument he was better was a valid opinion. I didnt agree, and yes is was biased based on some things I saw in Cinci and Wash, but I understood the argument. My point was that Gus wasnt an elite qb and would never be so it was worth seeing what AJ could do.

All that aside, why I argue now is because you and many in this thread make it out like we were saying AJ was great, which is false absolutely false. Our point was that based on what we had and what we needed compared to what was available and the qbs in the draft were not clear cut franchise type #2 picks, why not give AJ a chance to win the job?

The tone of teh argument presented suggests we thought AJ was better to have than getting Daunte or pursuing Brees. Hardly. Aj was never going to be elite.

In_Flames said:

Yeah, a TERRIBLE offensive line had NO part in Feeley getting plowed.

The dude was absolutely beaten up. Way to blame blockage on him. I don't find those pictures funny at all. I feel bad for the guy.

Don't rag him on things he couldn't control (i.e. those pictures).

rickeyrunsover said:
Raphael, I read my reply and once again doesnt say what I wanted to say.

Here it is simply.

You may have more expertise than I at evaluation process, wont debate you on that. I dont evaluate nor scout for anyone. Played and coached at lower levels, pop warner mostly coaching played high school.

The point I am making is evaluation is NOT an exact science. I give you the credit for seeing it standing by it and being right. But history is riddled with people paid to evaluate being dead wrong.

The other point was, who was available that was better? In 2004 , Warner?, Tried for Brunell and Ramsey lost out. AJ was the choice. Too high price? Maybe, yeah now in hindsight. 2005 we signed Gus. Gus is not a superior upgrade, yes he is an upgrade and the argument he was better was a valid opinion. I didnt agree, and yes is was biased based on some things I saw in Cinci and Wash, but I understood the argument. My point was that Gus wasnt an elite qb and would never be so it was worth seeing what AJ could do.

All that aside, why I argue now is because you and many in this thread make it out like we were saying AJ was great, which is false absolutely false. Our point was that based on what we had and what we needed compared to what was available and the qbs in the draft were not clear cut franchise type #2 picks, why not give AJ a chance to win the job?

The tone of teh argument presented suggests we thought AJ was better to have than getting Daunte or pursuing Brees. Hardly. Aj was never going to be elite.

Two points. It wasn't worth seeing what AJ could do b/c we had already seen it. That's already been proven.

The other point is that I never said that anybody thought AJ was great. The tone which you're referring to is very hard to interpret in written word. It certainly wasn't anything I interpreted in the posts I read. In fact, in my post that you initially responded to in this thread all I ever said was that people attacked me for not wanting to waste more time with him and that many posters thought he was better than Gus. All that is true. Any claims of alledging greatness were imagined, at least when it comes to my posts.

rafael said:
Two points. It wasn't worth seeing what AJ could do b/c we had already seen it. That's already been proven.

The other point is that I never said that anybody thought AJ was great. The tone which you're referring to is very hard to interpret in written word. It certainly wasn't anything I interpreted in the posts I read. In fact, in my post that you initially responded to in this thread all I ever said was that people attacked me for not wanting to waste more time with him and that many posters thought he was better than Gus. All that is true. Any claims of alledging greatness were imagined, at least when it comes to my posts.

Hindsight wonderful isnt it.

I tried to be cordial, no give in you.

You say it was fact before it was fact? Ok. You ended up right so your an expert. Ok.

You believe and say what you want. But yeah in the same situation down the line and we have a inexperienced qb that played in one season in the worst possible situation a first year starter can be asked to play in and the qb we bring to compete for the job is a reject of 6 teams, teams desparate for a qb and he couldnt even stick as a backup until his 30s, I will still say see what the inexperienced guy can do.

You can tell me how great your opinion is all you want, doesnt mean I buy it.

It s great to say AFTER the fact that you find it funny you were criticized for not wanting to give AJ a chance and look how it turned out, but the funny thing is, you can that now in this situation cause you happened to be right. Another thing is, I am happy, I got what I wanted, AJ was given his shot, and he failed. No excuses, no mitigating circumstances, just a fair shot and he failed.

Now, right or wrong, look at your points vs mine, I am concerned with the fins, while you apoparantly from your posts are concerned with expressing your superiority. I can admit I was wrong about AJ being good.

I dont even know why I keep arguing this. I guess it is teh smugness in which I take from your responses.

But another funny thing is, Gus must not have been that good either, cause Saban didnt care enough to keep him around. So what that tells me is that it isnt far fetched to think it wasnt a bad idea to see if AJ could be a solution til we found our long term guy cause obviously Saban didnt feel Gus was the guy either. What is my point? exactly what I have been saying and said then. Our other options last summer were not mountains better than AJ, as it turns out, better, better poise, better decisions, but obviously not so much better that Saban felt comfortable in any of them since not a single one of them are still on the team. So sing your own praises all you want, but keep in mind it is easy when all you got right was say out of 3 qbs that turned out to not be a starter, you got the least viable one.

I wanted AJ to be the guy for 2 reasons, 1 - younger than Gus, less of pourous track record than Gus, 2 - it freed up options in coming years. He wasnt and we got the guy that should and believe will. I wanted AJ because of what it did for the fins as a whole. You appear to have wanted Gus so you could be right.

If none of this is true, then I apologize, but when I see someone touting how he is more qualified because he says he is (and you may be, as stated before, but no way for me to know) so his opinion is more valid somehow because after it was over he turned out to be right it makes me laugh. It is like picking winners in a football poll, some skill comes in when choosing, some knowledge is needed. and over period of time, you can be right more often than not, doesnt mean the next pick is going to win.

You can say all you want how he proved in 2004 he couldnt play. I say you believe what you want. As it turns out you end up right. But hindsight. You can say it is your expertise all you want, I say it is easy to say that when you have hindsight in your favor.

You may and as it turns out did, have seen something in 2004 that said AJ didnt have teh intangibles needed mentally, the "it" factor. I say far better qbs have looked as if the "it" factor was missing only to turn it around later in their careers. Gannon was one, Brad Johnson another Br Griese third. Not elite or great qbs, but had solid years starting. Yes better than AJ. But all had periods where they lacked that "it", granted none to the exttent AJ did in 2004, but havent seen many qbs that started their first year in teh situation AJ did either.

Considering what the other options were, there wasnt any reason not to allow AJ to compete. Obviously Saban must not have the same expertise you do, cause he gave him that chance. AJ blew it and PROVED he didnt have what it took with that chance. But Saban didnt look at 2004 and write AJ off. Say whatever you want, but the FACT remains Saban gave him a chance to start. So it readily apparant that to Saban, it wasnt completely proven in 2004, or there was no need to have a competition.

Back
Top Bottom