Feeley getting beaten out by rookie for... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley getting beaten out by rookie for...

Wow, what an absolutely awesome us of a 2nd round draft pick. Actually we had to give up a 6th round pick just for San Diego to take him off our roster if I am right. I wish he would just go away.

tenndolfan said:
no we got screwed by rick speilman, i cant blame the eagles for that one. that was all speilmans fault for even considering that deal if anything we should have gave them a late 6th round choice with options to elavate to maybe a 4 if he played well. instead the idiot pulld the trigger for a second rounder for a guy that has done absolutley nothing to warrant a pick that high. i cant tell you guys how glad i am to see those clowns out of the orginazation.

Lack of experience.
Unfortunately, after Spielman hesitated and let the deal for Hasselbeck fall apart I think he went the other way and overcompensated by reaching for Feeley.
I never had a problem with acquiring Feely if they thought he had talent and could flourish here. However, giving up a 2nd rd pick for such an unproven commodity was just poor personnel management.

dolphin23 said:
I still cant believe we gave up a second for this guy, damn we got screwed by philly big time.
Man i don't usually like those orange jersey's but J.T sure looks bad azz in that picture

tenndolfan said:
no we got screwed by rick speilman, i cant blame the eagles for that one. that was all speilmans fault for even considering that deal if anything we should have gave them a late 6th round choice with options to elavate to maybe a 4 if he played well. instead the idiot pulld the trigger for a second rounder for a guy that has done absolutley nothing to warrant a pick that high. i cant tell you guys how glad i am to see those clowns out of the orginazation.
Amen brother,amen

rafael said:
Last preseason I got so much grief for saying that AJ just didn't have the feel to be an NFL QB. I was called a hater. I was told to give him time. People tried to use his preseason stats as arguments for why he was better than Gus. It was about 50/50 between the people who wanted Gus to start and those who wanted AJ to start. The Gus supporters were even given a derogatory nickname, the Guskateers. I wonder where all those AJ backers are now?

And yes, Lemon is dramatically better than AJ. IMO Lemon is also better than Harrington. The difference isn't as dramatic b/c unlik AJ Harrington actually knows how to put touch on a pass, but Lemon just has more pocket awareness, goes through his progressions and shows more poise.

I was one, wow you guys are so much smarter than we were. I bow down to you.

Of course all you guys patting yourselfs on the back fail to tell the whole story.

So I will refresh the argument for you. Yeap I said I liked AJs physical skills, still like his arm strength. What I hadnt seen and didnt believe that you could judge based on 2004 season where we had 1 rec 1 TE no rbs and no o-line was his mental abilities. Everbody who hated him didnt want to even give him a chance. I as well as most supporters agreed at that end he didnt have it mentally. But to sit there at the beginning of 2005 camp and say Gus was the better choice after how many years he sucked is laughable. He played on how many teams? 6 and started for 2 and was replaced by both. All we said was at least AJ had had only one year that sucked, Gus had several. You guys act like we all said AJ was the second coming, all we said that AJ may have potential, 1 season as a starter wasnt the greatest judge when compared to a career journeyman. I knew Gus wasnt a l/t starting qb and at what 34 wasnt a young future solution. So yeah I was rooting for a guy with limited experience who was younger with some physical skills to show potential mentally so at least we had a younger guy starting, not 6 other teams reject.

The biggest fight was that most who hated on AJ were so consumed with being right, rather than with the Phins. It was almost as if you guys would have sulked in a corner and hoped and prayed AJ would screw up so you could say hahaha I was right rather than root for teh teams success.

After Gus won the job, I rooted my arse off for Gus last year, gave him credit for playing to his best abilities and helping this team. I even wanted him to come back and backup Daunte.

But to hear the back patters, it wants to be played as if we were guarenteeing AJ was a star. Far far far from the truth, all we said was he deserved a chance in preseason to show he had the mental toughness and poise, which he proved he didnt in the third or 4th game when he got his last chance against the 1s. I was happy after that we went with Gus.

i have no problem "admitting" that i supported aj, to this day i would still rather have him than GUS.

rickeyrunsover said:
I was one, wow you guys are so much smarter than we were. I bow down to you.

Of course all you guys patting yourselfs on the back fail to tell the whole story.

So I will refresh the argument for you. Yeap I said I liked AJs physical skills, still like his arm strength. What I hadnt seen and didnt believe that you could judge based on 2004 season where we had 1 rec 1 TE no rbs and no o-line was his mental abilities. Everbody who hated him didnt want to even give him a chance. I as well as most supporters agreed at that end he didnt have it mentally. But to sit there at the beginning of 2005 camp and say Gus was the better choice after how many years he sucked is laughable. He played on how many teams? 6 and started for 2 and was replaced by both. All we said was at least AJ had had only one year that sucked, Gus had several. You guys act like we all said AJ was the second coming, all we said that AJ may have potential, 1 season as a starter wasnt the greatest judge when compared to a career journeyman. I knew Gus wasnt a l/t starting qb and at what 34 wasnt a young future solution. So yeah I was rooting for a guy with limited experience who was younger with some physical skills to show potential mentally so at least we had a younger guy starting, not 6 other teams reject.

The biggest fight was that most who hated on AJ were so consumed with being right, rather than with the Phins. It was almost as if you guys would have sulked in a corner and hoped and prayed AJ would screw up so you could say hahaha I was right rather than root for teh teams success.

After Gus won the job, I rooted my arse off for Gus last year, gave him credit for playing to his best abilities and helping this team. I even wanted him to come back and backup Daunte.

But to hear the back patters, it wants to be played as if we were guarenteeing AJ was a star. Far far far from the truth, all we said was he deserved a chance in preseason to show he had the mental toughness and poise, which he proved he didnt in the third or 4th game when he got his last chance against the 1s. I was happy after that we went with Gus.

The point you never got and obviously still don't is that you can evaluate a QB's mental abilities without waiting for the perfect situation. You don't have to wait some predetermined number of games. If you know what to look for it was obvious early on the previous season. It wasn't about hating. I gave RS the benefit of the doubt on AJ and defended the trade on this site prior to AJ's 1st year with us. I said I hadn't seen AJ display any feel in the two games I had seen but maybe RS had seen it in the other two games he'd played. The real argument was that I'd seen all I needed to see with AJ. The outcome was obvious. It wasn't about wishing anybody would fail, it was about being able to evaluate a player. Don't call me a hater or try to define my motivations as being anti-team b/c you're not as good at evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom