Feeley's stats | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley's stats

Originally posted by inFINSible
And everything that i'm hearing from eagles fans indicate that he is everything that Jay is but with accuracy and a stronger arm......I don't know how much a DAMN SIGHT is, but I know that if Jay had those two attributes we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Just because the Eagles fans say it's so doesn't mean it is. The guy has started five games, played in six altogether. And he's TWENTY SEVEN YEARS OLD. If he were 24, that wouldn't be so bad. But he's 27, with 5 starts. Worth bringing in as a backup for $1 million a year, for a 5th rounder? Sure. Worth spending almost $4mill a year and a 2nd rounder on? No way in hell.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Just because the Eagles fans say it's so doesn't mean it is. The guy has started five games, played in six altogether. And he's TWENTY SEVEN YEARS OLD. If he were 24, that wouldn't be so bad. But he's 27, with 5 starts. Worth bringing in as a backup for $1 million a year, for a 5th rounder? Sure. Worth spending almost $4mill a year and a 2nd rounder on? No way in hell.
And your making this assumption based on seeing him play???

And your making this assumption based on seeing him play???

Yes I am, can't speak for Rick, I am not knocking the guy either, what I am saying is give up a late round pick and a small contract and still draft a QB and let them fight it out, Not hand the freaking guy the starting job based on 5 lousy games that I believe he didn't do $hit to prove he was worth what the Fins just gave.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

Yes I am, can't speak for Rick, I am not knocking the guy either, what I am saying is give up a late round pick and a small contract and still draft a QB and let them fight it out, Not hand the freaking guy the starting job based on 5 lousy games that I believe he didn't do $hit to prove he was worth what the Fins just gave.
Dude, obviously i'm not going to change your mind about it....and I do see your point.....like i said, I was disappointed also...but WTF am I gonna do about it?.....look for some reason to like the guy, that's what.....I'm not going to sit here and whine about something that may not even need to be whined about....not saying you're whining but for god sake, why is everybody just blowing off the good things about the guy??? It doesn't make sense when you have 20 Eagles fans telling you the guy just needs a chance to play....yet some people want to sit here and say those opinions means nothing while their own is written in stone....BS.

Yes, it's no assumption.
It IS an assumption, at this point, to say he's not worth what we are giving up.

It is a very big assumption, and an assumption that has no basis.

There isn't much difference between A.J. Feeley and Matt Hasselbeck. Miami offered a first round pick for Hasselbeck back in 2001. Hasselbeck had all of 29 career passes at the NFL level at that point. Everything was based on what he did in the preseason and the fact that he was playing in a QB pipeline in Green Bay.

Well, Andy Reid is one of the coaches from that pipeline, and he has now started the same QBing philosophy, and he has done with AJ Feeley what Ron Wolf did with Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck, and Aaron Brooks.

Plus, everything that teams have on Feeley is based on his play in 2002 when he subbed for an injured Donovan McNabb and played very well for a second year player who had thrown zero passes before that time.

Feeley has that Tom Brady coolness about him in the pocket. He doesn't rush himself and doesn't crumble when under pressure. He's a very solid pick up with an upside.

It IS an assumption, at this point, to say he's not worth what we are giving up.

No, it's the truth. Whether or NOT he pans out, the fact is, someone in his position has a certain basic worth in terms of draft picks and salary. He is not worth what we paid for him. We could have had him for less. We simply panicked.

No, it's the truth. Whether or NOT he pans out, the fact is, someone in his position has a certain basic worth in terms of draft picks and salary. He is not worth what we paid for him. We could have had him for less. We simply panicked.
basic worth, my a$$.....you have no clue what his basic worth is....if he comes in here and flourishes and takes us to the SB....then his basic worth would be MORE than what we are paying.....It is an ASSUMPTION on your part, pure and simple.

basic worth, my a$$.....you have no clue what his basic worth is....if he comes in here and flourishes and takes us to the SB....then his basic worth would be MORE than what we are paying.....It is an ASSUMPTION on your part, pure and simple.

No, you're simply wrong. A player who was a third-stringer on his team, is 27 years old and has only played in six games, starting five of them, with a QB rating under 80 is not worth a 2nd round pick and an $18 million dollar contract. We can HOPE that he turns out to be a star, our scouts can say they THINK he might turn out to be a star, but in the NFL you do NOT hand out that kind of jack and draft picks based on that sort of hope. It's just stupid.

Dude, obviously i'm not going to change your mind about it....and I do see your point.....like i said, I was disappointed also...but WTF am I gonna do about it?.....look for some reason to like the guy, that's what.....I'm not going to sit here and whine about something that may not even need to be whined about....not saying you're whining but for god sake, why is everybody just blowing off the good things about the guy??? It doesn't make sense when you have 20 Eagles fans telling you the guy just needs a chance to play....yet some people want to sit here and say those opinions means nothing while their own is written in stone....BS.

Well the 20 Eagles fans to me are no different then all the Skins fans that were pissed when the Fins go Sage for a low draft pick, they all had good things to say and thought that the Skins should of dumped Ramsey and kept Sage cause he was the best out of the group, and he can't even get to 2nd on the Fins.

I am far from whining I am just very discuraged once again by the moves that this team has made, If this was the only one then great but it just seems to be one questionable move after another.

Hopefully I am wrong and this turns out to be the Diaond in the rough story, although a 2nd roud pick is hardly the rough:lol:. I wil lbe the first one on here admitting they did a good job.

We shall see, and once next season starts you will either have fans saying I told you he wasn't worth it or Fans saying see you shouldn't get so upset. It's always easier after the fact to say waht was right and what was wrong. I just think it was a bad move. Just an opinion

No, you're simply wrong. A player who was a third-stringer on his team, is 27 years old and has only played in six games, starting five of them, with a QB rating under 80 is not worth a 2nd round pick and an $18 million dollar contract. We can HOPE that he turns out to be a star, our scouts can say they THINK he might turn out to be a star, but in the NFL you do NOT hand out that kind of jack and draft picks based on that sort of hope. It's just stupid.

I agree, He has similar stats to Jay and they got him for free, and some would say that they still overpaid:lol:

This isn't just another third stringer.....If he were McNabbs BACK-UP like he rightly SHOULD have been, then how would you feel about his worth?.....All of a sudden it looks like a totally diffrent picture...all of a sudden we are getting a young up and comer who was stuck behind an entrenched starter.....THAT is worth what we are giving up right?

This isn't just another third stringer.....If he were McNabbs BACK-UP like he rightly SHOULD have been, then how would you feel about his worth?.....All of a sudden it looks like a totally diffrent picture...all of a sudden we are getting a young up and comer who was stuck behind an entrenched starter.....THAT is worth what we are giving up right?

Not to me, I dont' care who he is backing up, I care about his play. Again hopefully I am wrong and years from now we are all wearing Feely jerseys, but for now I think the deal sucks. Like you didn't already know that huh :lol:

No, it is not. He's too old with too little game experience to give up as much as we did to acquire him. Period.

Back
Top Bottom