Fiedler/Greise Stats for 2003 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler/Greise Stats for 2003

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to let you all know that this is the second time I will try to post this...

Some one wont like what I will show you, but I can't please everyone...

I have gather the stats from ESPN.COM and they reflect the tangible stats that show production only. No rushing, INT, fumbles, sacks, or penalties yds...

Here we goo..

Total Passing yds the first 9 games last year (2002) = 1774 yds

Total Passing yds the first 9 games this year (2003)= 1614 yds

Total Time of Possession (TOP) first 9 games last year (2002) = 31.52 min

Total Time of Possession (TOP) first 9 games this year (2003) = 29:43 min

These stats are with the QBs playing with the same OL, WR, TE and RBs. Same coaches too :)

J. FIEDLER

Wins = 4, Losses =2

Total Net yds Passed =1,074 yds

Average Passing yds per game =179 yds

95 comp - 167 att

15.8 avg comp per game

27.8 avg att per game

57% completion rate

Third Down Conv = 30 - 75 (40%)

First Downs 111 = 18.5 avg per game

Time of Possession (first 6 games) = 32:50 min

B. Greise

Wins = 1, Losses =2

Total Net yds Passed = 540 yds

Average Passing yds per game =180 yds

57 comp - 91 att

19 avg comp per game

30.3 avg att per game

63% completion rate

Third Down Conv = 15 - 42 (35.7%)

First Downs 38 = 12.6 avg per game

Time of Possession (last 3 games) = 24:59 min

I know some of you will say well BG/JF played against so and so defenses...

I will give you the current defensive ranking from the first game of the season....

Will display "Team- Ranking Total Defense/Ranking Against the Pass"...

Houston- 31/22, Jets- 23/3, Buff- 3/2, Giants- 20/17, Jax- 12/22, NE- 11/24, SD- 29/29, Indi- 14/8, Tenn- 17/31...

Miami- 15/28 (We are really not as good as we think)

JF record...With defense with Ranking Against the Pass...

Record of games with opponents in the top 10 = 2 - 0
Record of games with the rest of opponnents = 2 - 2

BG record...With defense with Ranking Against the Pass...

Record of games with opponents in the top 10 = 0 - 1
Record of games with the rest of opponnents = 1 - 1

So what are the numbers that yell out at me? :yell: :yell:

With JF we have an INCREASE in completing first downs (+32% per game) = 18.5 - 12.6 ( 5.8 more FD per game) :D :D

With JF we have an INCREASE in TOP (+24%) = 32:50 - 24:59 min :D :D

With JF we have an INCREASE in Third Down Conv (+4.7% avg) = 40% - 35.7% :D :D

With BG we have an INCREASE in completions (+17%) = 19 - 15.8 per game (3.2 per game, a 63% - 57% ratio) :D

With BG we have an INCREASE in pass attempts (+8%) = 30.3 - 27.8 per game (2.5 per game) :D

Now BG is a better pure passer than JF, I believe no one doubts that, but this O unit is not holding blocks and or blocking to ensure the success of maintaining drives, when BG needs them to...

So it comes down to pressure situations where the whole O unit with BG does not respond favorably to... THIRD DOWN CONV, for FIRST DOWNS...

So eventually, these two (TD and FD) impact the Time Of Possession (TOP)...

With BG's leadership the team is drastically loosing the FD, TDC , and ultimately the favorable TOP battle.... :cry:

With JF's leadership the team is somehow winning the FD, TDC, and ultimatly the favorable TOP battle....

So I don't beleive will improve that OL this year, when he does next year, then BG has the best shot to show his talent...

And that's all that matters, cause when you have all three, and a decent defense, you should be on the wining end of the scorecard...

GOOO FIIINZ !

:thewave:

Last edited by a moderator:
i applaud your diligence in finding all this information, but stats can be twisted however you want. How are each of the teams on pass rush? Total sacks? How many passes were dropped? How many downs were obvious pass downs because of penalties?

The team as a whole is playing worse, please dont drop this all on Griese. I support bith QB's, either one will do their best. If we fail we fail, if we win we win. Bottom line. Enjoy your day.

Originally posted by Snickersbps
i applaud your diligence in finding all this information, but stats can be twisted however you want. How are each of the teams on pass rush? Total sacks? How many passes were dropped? How many downs were obvious pass downs because of penalties?

The team as a whole is playing worse, please dont drop this all on Griese. I support bith QB's, either one will do their best. If we fail we fail, if we win we win. Bottom line. Enjoy your day.

Snickers thanks for the reply, and I understand about all those other issues, sacks, fumbles and all. But I wanted to show the PRODUCTIVE stats only.

Those others only cause people to b*tch and moan. What counts is where IS the TEAM PRODUCING and where it is LACKING and when it's moving forward, not backwards (those other issues will show that).

Hey if Fiedler is not healthy We need to go with the next best guy, I believe that man is BG, but HE IS NOT helping this team in producing in PRESSURE SITUATIONS.

Are the stats pointing the finger at BG? Huuhhmmm... but at this point that is the only difference on this team from the start of the season.

I want to win just like everyone else does, DW has to put the best players that can work within his talented O unit and has to make that happen.

GOOO FIIINZ

:)

i'll help the thread..

JF as QB
Ricky's rushing total- 555
Average per game- 92 yards per game
Average 3.5 (3.45) yards per carry

BG as QB-
Ricky's rushing total- 142
Average-47 yards per game
running average- 2.9 yards per carry

intresting... twist it up if you want. i know the D has forced miami into switching it's gameplan. but it wasn't like ricky was doing much when they could run with BG as QB.

You got to add about 10-12 yards a game you'll usually get from Jay.

Remember, when we're behind (Remember how we were never behind at halftime before the Colts game? Griese blows) Ricky is doomed, at least with Jay, he can get 70 yards on 30 carries, instead of 30 yards in 14 carries that Brian and the lack of TOP that he brings will give you.

I really hope we win, but I think we might just lose last week if we go three and out as much as we did last week and giving them the ball near midfield everytime.

Thanks Blue, I know there are many stats (intangibles) that would need to be placed up there for everyone, but the important ones that shows a team that I beleive coaches go by are FD, TDC and TOP. .....

IMO, First Downs, Third Down Conv, and Time of Possession... These are the pressure situation that shows a teams prodcution or lack of..

Thanks for helping me out :)

Goooo FIIINNZ

Originally posted by Dolfan984

Remember, when we're behind (Remember how we were never behind at halftime before the Colts game? Griese blows) Ricky is doomed, at least with Jay, he can get 70 yards on 30 carries, instead of 30 yards in 14 carries that Brian and the lack of TOP that he brings will give you.

I really hope we win, but I think we might just lose last week if we go three and out as much as we did last week and giving them the ball near midfield everytime.

Thanks Dolphan, I know we can beef up the yds stats with Fiedler running the team. But I did not want to do that because people will then say that a QB does not run he passes... so I did not want to show that point.

I just wanted to see what was our TOP and Third Down Conv because that is what is down and causing us to loose TOP. You here DW and alot of Analyst on TV talking about it. Once thet stats verified my opinion I decided to posted.

Thanks for the help! and I hope it was informative...:)

GOOO FFIIINNZ

Do you realize that nobody really gives a freaking damn about these stats and you keep posting them over and over in every single thread.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Do you realize that nobody really gives a freaking damn about these stats and you keep posting them over and over in every single thread.

Speak for yourself or go back to talking to Becky. You and she seem to agree on things.

Originally posted by Dolfan984

T O P is all about running the ball. Since ricky has been unable to run and the COACHING has gone to pass that is why under Griese we have a worse T O P. I hope you guys dont actually think Fiedler is the reason for time of possession. Its coaching to pass more instead of run that changes T O P. When you pass alot you get incopletions which stop the clock. Come on blame Griese for fumbling not T O P.

What you said about the oline and wr's is not true..
It is NOT the same wr's from last year
and NOT the same oline from last year.
wr's carter and gadsen are gone. Thompson is here.
Oline (which is causing the biggest dropoff from last year)
Ruddy and Nails not fully recovered from injuries and playing at a much lower level causing McKinney to see time at both spots.
Dixon being replaced by Smith, who at times watches a DE blow by him untouched.
The line is a huge drop off from last year.
Since you are so busy with stats, why don't you post Ricky's #'s from last year against this year? that is what is really effecting our TOP.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

T O P is all about running the ball. Since ricky has been unable to run and the COACHING has gone to pass that is why under Griese we have a worse T O P. I hope you guys dont actually think Fiedler is the reason for time of possession. Its coaching to pass more instead of run that changes T O P. When you pass alot you get incopletions which stop the clock. Come on blame Griese for fumbling not T O P.

Your absolutely right Finatic, rushing does have the main impact on TOP...

Why has the coaching gone more to passing?

Would you call having 2 or 3 more passing attempts (per game) than JF, a change to a passing offense? IMO I expect to see more of a difference, like 5 or more per game.

When you break down further the passing games. You will find that JF had only 19 passing attempts against the Jets. If you remove that stat, they will both have similar stats (JF 29.6 - BG 30.3 attempts per game...

So the coaching scheme with both QB's, has been the SAME, really...

I am looking at them blocking, tackling, and scoring some points this week. NO matter who is behind center, we should put up enough to win!

GOOO FIIINZ

Back
Top Bottom