Fiedler/Greise Stats for 2003 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler/Greise Stats for 2003

Look at the passing percentage on first down. And also factor in the T O P for rickys game against the bills. If you take that game out I bet the T O P would be about the same.

Pretty good post, and fairly balanced. I didn't get the impression you were trying to run Griese into the ground, and that earns credibility.

I must say I am getting tired of the standard response "Stats can be twisted to prove anything." To me, it sounds like saying "Don't bother me with facts." Don't criticize a debater for using statistics to put forward a point unless the statistics are inaccurate.

Stats may not tell a complete story, but neither are they rubbish.

How many long drives did the Titans/Colts have? How is Miami supposed to control T O P when the Titans control the ball for 12 minutes in the 1st quarter?

Generally, I assume that anyone who tries to make their case using purely statistics is a dork. Football is a game to be observed, not analyzed numerically.

Originally posted by Mr. Pink
Generally, I assume that anyone who tries to make their case using purely statistics is a dork. Football is a game to be observed, not analyzed numerically.

And someone who tries to make an argument without any statistical base at all isn't going to convince many people.

Yours truly,

Dr. Astro Dork .... er ... Zoom.

Fiedler is just a leader....not a great QB...a leader...evr hear of Jim Drunkenmiller? Jim Drunkenmiller had a cannon of an arm....but was a dumbass.

Fiedler is a WINNER.

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
Fiedler is just a leader....not a great QB...a leader...evr hear of Jim Drunkenmiller? Jim Drunkenmiller had a cannon of an arm....but was a dumbass.

Fiedler is a WINNER.

Exactly...

he is 1-2 in the playoffs.

Which just so happens to be one more win than Griese has in the play-offs.

he is 1-2 in the playoffs.

If im not mistaken 1-2 is a losing record so he would then be a loser. Come on Jay isnt the winner everyone says he is. Yeah the guy has alot of heart but weather it be Lamar Ricky or the D its not him winning the games.

Originally posted by Disnardo
Hi, just wanted to let you all know that this is the second time I will try to post this...

Some one wont like what I will show you, but I can't please everyone...

I have gather the stats from ESPN.COM and they reflect the tangible stats that show production only. No rushing, INT, fumbles, sacks, or penalties yds...

Here we goo..

Total Passing yds the first 9 games last year (2002) = 1774 yds

Total Passing yds the first 9 games this year (2003)= 1614 yds

Total Time of Possession (TOP) first 9 games last year (2002) = 31.52 min

Total Time of Possession (TOP) first 9 games this year (2003) = 29:43 min

These stats are with the QBs playing with the same OL, WR, TE and RBs. Same coaches too :)

J. FIEDLER

Wins = 4, Losses =2

Total Net yds Passed =1,074 yds

Average Passing yds per game =179 yds

95 comp - 167 att

15.8 avg comp per game

27.8 avg att per game

57% completion rate

Third Down Conv = 30 - 75 (40%)

First Downs 111 = 18.5 avg per game

Time of Possession (first 6 games) = 32:50 min

B. Greise

Wins = 1, Losses =2

Total Net yds Passed = 540 yds

Average Passing yds per game =180 yds

57 comp - 91 att

19 avg comp per game

30.3 avg att per game

63% completion rate

Third Down Conv = 15 - 42 (35.7%)

First Downs 38 = 12.6 avg per game

Time of Possession (last 3 games) = 24:59 min

I know some of you will say well BG/JF played against so and so defenses...

I will give you the current defensive ranking from the first game of the season....

Will display "Team- Ranking Total Defense/Ranking Against the Pass"...

Houston- 31/22, Jets- 23/3, Buff- 3/2, Giants- 20/17, Jax- 12/22, NE- 11/24, SD- 29/29, Indi- 14/8, Tenn- 17/31...

Miami- 15/28 (We are really not as good as we think)

JF record...With defense with Ranking Against the Pass...

Record of games with opponents in the top 10 = 2 - 0
Record of games with the rest of opponnents = 2 - 2

BG record...With defense with Ranking Against the Pass...

Record of games with opponents in the top 10 = 0 - 1
Record of games with the rest of opponnents = 1 - 1

So what are the numbers that yell out at me? :yell: :yell:

With JF we have an INCREASE in completing first downs (+32% per game) = 18.5 - 12.6 ( 5.8 more FD per game) :D :D

With JF we have an INCREASE in TOP (+24%) = 32:50 - 24:59 min :D :D

With JF we have an INCREASE in Third Down Conv (+4.7% avg) = 40% - 35.7% :D :D

With BG we have an INCREASE in completions (+17%) = 19 - 15.8 per game (3.2 per game, a 63% - 57% ratio) :D

With BG we have an INCREASE in pass attempts (+8%) = 30.3 - 27.8 per game (2.5 per game) :D

Now BG is a better pure passer than JF, I believe no one doubts that, but this O unit is not holding blocks and or blocking to ensure the success of maintaining drives, when BG needs them to...

So it comes down to pressure situations where the whole O unit with BG does not respond favorably to... THIRD DOWN CONV, for FIRST DOWNS...

So eventually, these two (TD and FD) impact the Time Of Possession (TOP)...

With BG's leadership the team is drastically loosing the FD, TDC , and ultimately the favorable TOP battle.... :cry:

With JF's leadership the team is somehow winning the FD, TDC, and ultimatly the favorable TOP battle....

So I don't beleive will improve that OL this year, when he does next year, then BG has the best shot to show his talent...

And that's all that matters, cause when you have all three, and a decent defense, you should be on the wining end of the scorecard...

GOOO FIIINZ !

:thewave:

Alot of good info, good work. How would it compare by using the ultimate stats, points scored, vs points allowed?
one thing i know is that unless this team averages at LEAST 21 ppg, preferably 23, we're not going far.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

If im not mistaken 1-2 is a losing record so he would then be a loser. Come on Jay isnt the winner everyone says he is. Yeah the guy has alot of heart but weather it be Lamar Ricky or the D its not him winning the games.

Funny you mentioned that!

What is Griese's record now, does it mean the same... just for the record....

I don't beleive Griese is a looser, but if your going by JF record in loses on your above comment then you must be insinuating the same for BG. IMO you are wrong on both.

GOOO FIIINZ !

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Mr. Pink
How many long drives did the Titans/Colts have? How is Miami supposed to control T O P when the Titans control the ball for 12 minutes in the 1st quarter?

Your are absolutely right about the first quarter stats....

There 3 quarters left in the game, where was our offense after the first Tennn score?

Did MIA go on 3 in 3 out for the rest of the game till, Tenn brought in their backups as well as MIA?

GOOO FIIINZ

Originally posted by Disnardo

Your are absolutely right about the first quarter stats....

There 3 quarters left in the game, where was our offense after the first Tennn score?

Did MIA go on 3 in 3 out for the rest of the game till, Tenn brought in their backups as well as MIA?

GOOO FIIINZ

I think they got a first on the 2nd possession on a screen to Ricky. That was it for a while, 3 plays and Turk. 3 plays and Turk..................................................etc.

Back
Top Bottom