Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess.... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess....

Now the jets will suck and the fins will be good. Wait to the ny media gets on him for his horrible throws. He'll wish he was in miami again.

Living in new jersey, every jet fan I know says what the heck was the front office thinking signing big ears. He'll crash and burn being a jet

GRYPHONK said:
You do know that the Oakland and Indy game Fiedler was playing with a partially torn rotator cuff?

I could see your response now. Why did he play then? Because even at 60% he was better the Huard and whoever the other backup was at the time.

I remember many times that our defense let us down in the playoffs with Fiedler.

Remember Baltimore? Terry Allen at 58 rushed for almost 200 yards against our stellar defense. Oh yeah the same game late in the 4th Fiedler made a perfect throw to McKnight which would have been a TD. Of course he dropped the pass. With 7 mins left we would have only been down by 3 not 10 at that point.

If you wanna blame Fiedler for not being able to throw those out patterns or hooks then blame the offensive coordinator.

Under Gailey Fiedler was more a bootleg and play action passer which he excelled at when healthy. He also had audible capability. Not to many out patterns and hooks.

Under Turner. He is used as a pocket passer and is expected to throw those out and hooks because Turner is to stubborn and too stupid to adjust to his QB's strengths. Oh yeah, he had no option to audible and was forced to throw to a specific receiver regardless.

I get so tired of some of your guys hatred and blindness to see this. Was Fiedler great? No he wasn't. But he was never the problem in Miami.

Our team was built to start out gunning and get a quick lead. Then our defense was built to hold and maintain that lead with a conservative offense. Almost game after game and season after season. Fiedler consistantly managed the game into halftime with leads. Sure enough Wanny then went conservative and our offense and Fiedler couldn't handle all the 3rd and longs. So our defense eventually wore down and the game got tied or we were losing.

Then after not throwing for almost a quarter you now expect your QB to come in and save the day? He was not supposed to be the savior. He was supposed to manage the game and the lead.

If you wanna blame anyone blame the coaching. Fiedler did his job. The defense didn't do what they were built to do. That's not the defenses fault. The defense cant always cover for a 3 and out offense everytime out because Wanny chose to play not to lose rather then playing to win. Perfect example of this is the NE game that cost us the playoffs a few years ago. You all blame Fiedler for the 11 point loss. You don't care that it was the defense blowing the lead because our coah put them in that position. You don't care that on those last 2 3 and outs both McMichaels and Chambers dropped easy passes that would have resulted in a 1st down. Of course. Why would you notice that.

IT WOULD take away from your "I hate Fiedler" ranting

FIEDLER WASN'T THE PROBLEM.

Very good post. I agree with a lot of it. There are certain "fan darling" players who nobody likes to blame for anything. I can think of 2 instances right off the top of my head where Randy McMichael missed a block or dropped a pass and cost us games but nobody like to talk about that stuff. He's still a great tight end who been lacking in production becuase of our QB situation :rolleyes:. We shall see I guess. I'm not saying randy is no good but the jury is still out on how good he really is IMHO.

Anyway here's what I liked.

Jay was playing with 2 injured shoulders in the Indy and Oakland game. He had been injured since the Tampa game. He was also light years better than Huard at 60% despite the popular belief of some fans.

Our stellar defense let us down a lot and in the 2001 season it was Fedler who bailed them out in the 4th quarter 5 times I think. Fielder was better suited for Gailey's system which after the fact was better suited for our personnel in general (minus Ricky but he'd have fit in fine) than Turners ever was. I hate it when coaches push there philosphy on the team instead of adjusting there strategy to their personnel. That's what made Shula so great.

The most amazing thing about the 2000 season was the rapport that Fiedler had built with Leslie Sheppard. I know Sheppard wasn't near the top of the league in receptions or anything wild like that but by the end of that year boy were him and Jay on the same page. I've never seen Jay be more on the same page with anyone else.

BleedinGreenNC said:
I think that he was somewhat good, it was just too bad that you guys didnt have an offensive line that was able to protect him. But i do agree that he is better than Feeley.
Well he did better in Jaxonville when he played the Fins I believe. But really, his bad moments outshone the good here in Miami. The line was bad last year, but other years it was ok, and he underperformed. I always though he was a good guy, that's what the press and team said. I think many of us just hated him because he would never go away. But that's more Wanny than Fiedler's fault.

dolphan north said:
Well he did better in Jaxonville when he played the Fins I believe. But really, his bad moments outshone the good here in Miami. The line was bad last year, but other years it was ok, and he underperformed. I always though he was a good guy, that's what the press and team said. I think many of us just hated him because he would never go away. But that's more Wanny than Fiedler's fault.

I really never wanted to believe how much of a joke our coaching staff actually was last season. When I heard the offense never had one meeting, struggling the way they were, that's mind boggling.

Back
Top Bottom