Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess....

if i was a dolphins fan, :shakeno: , and i was asked which of the 3 qbs i would start 1. a j 2. gus 3. fiedler

thats an easy one, fiedler.....

like people were saying before about too bad dan didnt have a rb when he was playing all those years and then along comes smokin ricky...
same can be said now, too bad fiedler wasnt around with a real coach with saban here now. fielder is a much better qb than aj or gus is or ever will be....

Quick question, is this site going incredibly slow right now? It just took me 5 minutes to load this page when it usually takes not even a second. Only FinHeaven I am having problems with.

patsdynasty said:
if i was a dolphins fan, :shakeno: , and i was asked which of the 3 qbs i would start 1. a j 2. gus 3. fiedler

like people were saying before about too bad dan didnt have a rb when he was playing all those years and then along comes smokin ricky...
same can be said now, too bad fiedler wasnt around with a real coach with saban here now. fielder is a much better qb than aj or gus is or ever will be....

Your basing Fiedler's poor performance on lack of coach, but guess what, Feeley had that same coach, in his final season that coach had his head up his *** so far he couldn't do anything right. Both Feeley and Fiedler looked bad last season with the same team. But, when the offensive line started gelling at the end of the season, Feeley started to look better (Remember that great MNF game :D ). So you really have nothing to base your opinion on.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Wrong. Jamie Nails was a dominating guard his first year with Miami. He lost all that weight and still was really strong at the point of attack, by FAR, the best lineman on our team that year. NO coincidence, he went down, our running game went down for the last few games. Todd Wade wasn't a probowler, certainly not worth the money he was given by Houston. But I'd put him in the top 30% of right tackles in this league. And Fiedler's first season, Tim Ruddy was relatively healthy for at least that season.

I give Fiedler credit for trying his hardest. His hardest just wasn't good enough. Would I take him over losers like Ray Lucas, Rob Johnson, Tim Rattay, Tim Couch.... Yes, anyday of the week. Do I want him leading our team...hell no, he's NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Dominating?? Are you serious? I think that is a bit excessive. Look, he played decent for half a season, then he disapeared. He's a good guy, and if knees weren't shot, he would probably still be playing in the league somewhere, but we are not talking about Will Shields here.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Your basing Fiedler's poor performance on lack of coach, but guess what, Feeley had that same coach, in his final season that coach had his head up his *** so far he couldn't do anything right. Both Feeley and Fiedler looked bad last season with the same team. But, when the offensive line started gelling at the end of the season, Feeley started to look better (Remember that great MNF game :D ). So you really have nothing to base your opinion on.

I'm not really sure you are making a valid point here. I'm not a detrator of Aj, but if you remember, most of AJ's games as starter were under Bates, not Wannstedt.

Marc790 said:
Right -- Jay Fiedler was one of the best things that happened to Miami. It's not that Fieldler sucked -- it's that he was never supported by the offensive line. It's too bad, really -- he would have done well under Saban.

I guess he'll come back and haunt us now when Pennington gets hurt. I can see it already -- Fielder lighting up the Dolphins defense minus Pat Surtain.

That rabbi, lighting up OUR Defense?:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Ahh...............Fieldler fans never die it seems.

Cover23 said:
my brother in law went to some Jet charity auction thing. He went because he had free tickets from work. Anyway, it was all Jet players and a couple other people, Junior from Sproanos was there. Let me get to my point, he sees good ol Jay Fiedler and walks up to him to meet him and shakes hand, yada yada yada. He gives Fiedler his program to sign and gets Fiedler to write:
To Bill(thats me)
Miami sucks!!
Jay Fiedler

my brother in law said they both had a good laugh that he would actually write that, all in all, he said he was a good guy. Just thought i would share with my fellow Phin fans

what a joke that is...i mean he is.

PatsSuck456 said:
That rabbi, lighting up OUR Defense?:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Berating his religious beliefs is not cool man.

Marc790 said:
Right -- Jay Fiedler was one of the best things that happened to Miami. It's not that Fieldler sucked -- it's that he was never supported by the offensive line. It's too bad, really -- he would have done well under Saban.

I guess he'll come back and haunt us now when Pennington gets hurt. I can see it already -- Fielder lighting up the Dolphins defense minus Pat Surtain.

The year RW ran for 1800 yds. I'd call that a good deal of support. He still stunk. Even with the perfect play action he couldn't hit a wide open Chris Chambers with any consistency.

phinsforever said:
Fielder was persona non grata in Miami. He was the scapegoat for all of Miami's failures. I agree that he was not a star and had his limitations, but nobody can question the guy's toughness and leadership. I'm sure most of the Dolphins who played with him would agree.
Although Jay is probably best suited as a back-up now (and I think he is the best one in the league), he had enough talent and smarts to win when he was in his prime. People forget how bad our O-line was under the Wanny regime. I just have to laugh at those who think we actually had a decent line Ricky's first year. The success of the running game that year was due akmost entirely to William's skills. Players from other teams were always mocking our O-line.
Jay was never going to win a game on his own (with the exception of the Buffalo comeback, the last second dive against the Raiders, and the comeback againt Washington), but not too many Qbs in this league can to be honest. He was a solid 'manager' of the game. Yes, he made mistakes, and no, he didn't have the strongest of arms, but look at the guys winning percentage. He deserves some credit for those wins. Classy guy.

the last second dive against the Raiders was necessary because of Fiedlers earlier horrendous performance. In the comeback against the Skins Fiedler actually had a poor performance. The entire team stepped up, and while they were indeed sparked by a change at QB, the QB did not "win the game on his own".

patsdynasty said:

He had the leading rusher in the league 3 seasons ago and he still stunk. He had plenty of support. He is, was and always will be a journeyman QB, just look at his track record.

PatsSuck456 said:

Make fun of his ability. Make fun of his intelligence. Even make fun of his ears if you have to stoop to that level.

NEVER make fun of anyone's religion.

Funny thing is how far this post went...

Cover23 posted this crap and walked away...Sorta like farting in an elevator and leaving the remnants for us passengers.

Back
Top Bottom