Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess....

Marc790 said:
Right -- Jay Fiedler was one of the best things that happened to Miami. It's not that Fieldler sucked -- it's that he was never supported by the offensive line. It's too bad, really -- he would have done well under Saban.

I guess he'll come back and haunt us now when Pennington gets hurt. I can see it already -- Fielder lighting up the Dolphins defense minus Pat Surtain.

Do you ride the short bus or something?

PEOPLE jay fiedler SUCKS get that strait. the only playoff W that he had was b/c of a monster game by lamar smith. if its not for that forget it. he horible, yes he can move and hes tough as hell, but as a QB he sucks.

Marc790 said:
Right -- Jay Fiedler was one of the best things that happened to Miami. It's not that Fieldler sucked -- it's that he was never supported by the offensive line. It's too bad, really -- he would have done well under Saban.

I guess he'll come back and haunt us now when Pennington gets hurt. I can see it already -- Fielder lighting up the Dolphins defense minus Pat Surtain.

Get real! Jay Fiedler will not haunt us, if anything, he'll contribute to a Miami win for once. Did the offensive line suck when Ricky ran for over 1800 yards?

He can't make the throws

Fiedler isn't going to come back and haunt us. He couldn't make the "out" throws, which were constantly being picked and usually returned for TD's.

svnrdr said:
The key word was "reality".

You are speaking of the future, I was speaking of the "reality" of what happened during his tenure in Miami.

Well the "reality" is that if NFL teams watching tapes of what happened during Jay's tenure in Miami thought that he was in fact a talented QB bieng held back by a bad Phins offense, then Jay would have been given at least an offer to compete for a starting QB job from at least one team.

That didn't happen though did it?

Not much else needs to be said.

Fielder was persona non grata in Miami. He was the scapegoat for all of Miami's failures. I agree that he was not a star and had his limitations, but nobody can question the guy's toughness and leadership. I'm sure most of the Dolphins who played with him would agree.
Although Jay is probably best suited as a back-up now (and I think he is the best one in the league), he had enough talent and smarts to win when he was in his prime. People forget how bad our O-line was under the Wanny regime. I just have to laugh at those who think we actually had a decent line Ricky's first year. The success of the running game that year was due akmost entirely to William's skills. Players from other teams were always mocking our O-line.
Jay was never going to win a game on his own (with the exception of the Buffalo comeback, the last second dive against the Raiders, and the comeback againt Washington), but not too many Qbs in this league can to be honest. He was a solid 'manager' of the game. Yes, he made mistakes, and no, he didn't have the strongest of arms, but look at the guys winning percentage. He deserves some credit for those wins. Classy guy.

furball4 said:
Fiedler could light us up all year and it wouldn't change a thing. The problem with Fiedler was not that he was never good, it was that he was often bad.

:bravo:

BleedinGreenNC said:
it was just too bad that you guys didnt have an offensive line that was able to protect him.

That's a lie. That excuse can only be used for last year.

phillyphinphan said:
I remember J. nails and Wade (when he wasn't hurt) have very good years in fact...

And we had a good LT then that was near Pro Bowl-caliber.

Jay Fiedler IS haunting us. In this post and millions of other Jay posts that are still being spewed out in this forum. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom