Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess....

phillyphinphan said:
OOOOOO KKKKAAAYYYY. if you would've taken the time to read my dam post you'd understand that my feelings are along the lines of yours...

My bad, looks like I quoted the wrong post. wasn't meant for you.

We will see who sucks when Fiedler comes in for Pennington and Roth pounds him into the turf....Jay was better than Ray Lucas though.

Roman529 said:
We will see who sucks when Fiedler comes in for Pennington and Roth pounds him into the turf....Jay was better than Ray Lucas though.

And the fact that Lucas is out of the league doesn't speak well for that fabled qb competition a few years back....

BleedinGreenNC said:
I think that he was somewhat good, it was just too bad that you guys didnt have an offensive line that was able to protect him. But i do agree that he is better than Feeley.

He is not better then Feeley, it's just another Feeley hater that can't feel good, unless he is complaining about something. Put it this way, as bad as Feeley is, he still was good enough to start over Feidler.

Fiedler has never ever been a good QB when it comes to arm strength, accuracy, and decision making. His first 2-3 years here he had good to decent offensive lines. I'd like to get one thing straight, outside of the Raiders game in 2001, Fiedler didn't WIN games. He SURVIVED them. Lamar Smith, Ricky Williams, and our Defense won the games. He was having a pro-bowl season in 2002? You mean when Ricky ran for 1800+ yrds? So he can have a good season with the number one running back in the league but that's it? I think Fiedler is a good backup quarterback but not a starter.

Feeley>Fiedler ? Next year will tell
Fiedler>Lucas Whom is out of the league

Themajster said:
Fiedler has never ever been a good QB when it comes to arm strength, accuracy, and decision making. His first 2-3 years here he had good to decent offensive lines. I'd like to get one thing straight, outside of the Raiders game in 2001, Fiedler didn't WIN games. He SURVIVED them. Lamar Smith, Ricky Williams, and our Defense won the games. He was having a pro-bowl season in 2002? You mean when Ricky ran for 1800+ yrds? So he can have a good season with the number one running back in the league but that's it? I think Fiedler is a good backup quarterback but not a starter.

I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of the O-line. Apart from Dixon, none of the lineman were any good. Ruddy and Wade were extremely overrated, and Nails was just a plugger who benefitted from RW's abilities. No one will confuse Fiedler for Montana, but the guy QB'd the Phins to some pretty decent records. It is unfair to compare him to Marino or some of the premier QBs in the league. Give the guy some credit though.

BlueFin said:
Get real dude, you name another quarterback that had the leagues leading rusher, the leagues 3rd ranked defense, 8 pro bowlers, who also failed to get his team into the playoffs (2002).

He was a mediocre quarterback who threw as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Jay grew up a Jets fan and its only fitting he's up there to screw up that team and no longer here.

I can't wait for Jay to play against the Dolphins.

Exactly.

Right again.

He will.

Bring it.

I think it's reasonable to agree that while Jay Fiedler makes for a decent to good back-up quarterback, he never really was made to be a starter in the NFL. While he can win games, Fiedler lacked the arm strength and duribility to be anything other than a back-up -- heart can only go so far; there seems to be a lot of similaries between AJ Feeley and Jay Fiedler.

Let's hope Frerrote can start.

phinsforever said:
I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of the O-line. Apart from Dixon, none of the lineman were any good. Ruddy and Wade were extremely overrated, and Nails was just a plugger who benefitted from RW's abilities. No one will confuse Fiedler for Montana, but the guy QB'd the Phins to some pretty decent records. It is unfair to compare him to Marino or some of the premier QBs in the league. Give the guy some credit though.

Wrong. Jamie Nails was a dominating guard his first year with Miami. He lost all that weight and still was really strong at the point of attack, by FAR, the best lineman on our team that year. NO coincidence, he went down, our running game went down for the last few games. Todd Wade wasn't a probowler, certainly not worth the money he was given by Houston. But I'd put him in the top 30% of right tackles in this league. And Fiedler's first season, Tim Ruddy was relatively healthy for at least that season.

I give Fiedler credit for trying his hardest. His hardest just wasn't good enough. Would I take him over losers like Ray Lucas, Rob Johnson, Tim Rattay, Tim Couch.... Yes, anyday of the week. Do I want him leading our team...hell no, he's NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

phinsforever said:

Interesting because compared to Feeley's time this year in the pocket, I thought Fiedler had plenty of time to operate. He's not a good QB period. He still made bad decisions with a decent amount of time to operate in the pocket. You believe Nails was just a plugger, while I think that Nails while healthy was a great lineman. But I believe most on the board will agree that Fiedler isn't a starting QB.

Marc790 said:
Right -- Jay Fiedler was one of the best things that happened to Miami. It's not that Fieldler sucked -- it's that he was never supported by the offensive line. It's too bad, really -- he would have done well under Saban.

I guess he'll come back and haunt us now when Pennington gets hurt. I can see it already -- Fielder lighting up the Dolphins defense minus Pat Surtain.

*snicker* I hope that was sarcastic....lmao....i think I peed my pants

Themajster said:

So I guess you missed the part where before Fiedler got hurt he was top 3 in INT/TD ratio, top 3 in QB rating right around 100 and top 5 in yards per game.

I gues you also missed that this all happened before Williams had 3 200 yard games along with a few more 100 yard games.

Keep trying you might catch on to something here.

By the way. His first season, before he tore his rotator cuff, he was on pace with the same numbers and analysts were talking pro bowl for him then too. Then the 2nd half he played on a tore rotator cuff that everyone found out the next season.

Oh yeah the 2nd season, the 2nd half when he finally recovered fully from his injury he once again put up solid numbers. Leading to the next season where he started off on probowl pace.

Learn your facts. Fiedler was never gonna lead the league in anything but he was very solid for us. The only thing that limited him was a few things.

Bad O-line- The last 2 seasons
Injuries
A stubborn coach who continuallly let him throw out patterns.

Why do you guys not realize that under Gailey Fiedler, when healthy was always solid and putting up good numbers. Not until Turner did he start declining. Not till Turner and Wanny took away his option to audible and forced him to always run the play and selected plays that went directly to one receiver.

That's when he became bad for us.

If not for injuries, he very easily was on pace to make the probowl in his 1st and 3rd season here. You can't deny his stats or the teams wins. Just like you can't deny that it was the defense who lost the game against NE when we missed the playoffs not Fiedler. If you don't see that you are utterly ridiculous and aren't a true fan, and need to realize that Marino is gone. We will never have another Marino so get over it.

BlueFin said:
Get real dude, you name another quarterback that had the leagues leading rusher, the leagues 3rd ranked defense, 8 pro bowlers, who also failed to get his team into the playoffs (2002).

He was a mediocre quarterback who threw as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Jay grew up a Jets fan and its only fitting he's up there to screw up that team and no longer here.

I can't wait for Jay to play against the Dolphins.

I blame the 02 season failure on Wanny a lot more than anybody. Fiedler was playing very well until the injury. He does have problems with consistency though.

Back
Top Bottom