Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess....

Marc790 said:
Right -- Jay Fiedler was one of the best things that happened to Miami. It's not that Fieldler sucked -- it's that he was never supported by the offensive line. It's too bad, really -- he would have done well under Saban.

I guess he'll come back and haunt us now when Pennington gets hurt. I can see it already -- Fielder lighting up the Dolphins defense minus Pat Surtain.

:lolcry:

Happy Jay Feet

Ohio Fanatic said:
"And another thing, his offensive line was pretty damn good his first two seasons. It only stunk the last two."
Jay made the O-Line look better. The proof was how Griese did behind that line and how Jay did behind the same line. Griese is doing all right in Tampa, behind a better line. My gripe is that Wanny wasted both a talented running back (Quitter) and a dang good leader (Jay) on an offense he wouldn't invest in.

svnrdr said:

He NEVER blamed his offensive line for the fact that opposing defenses were consistently in his grille!

color]

That's because Jay's O-Line was only his excuse for 1 of his 4 lousy years.
The support of this guy still boggles the mind. :lol:

Prakk said:
Jay made the O-Line look better. The proof was how Griese did behind that line and how Jay did behind the same line. Griese is doing all right in Tampa, behind a better line. My gripe is that Wanny wasted both a talented running back (Quitter) and a dang good leader (Jay) on an offense he wouldn't invest in.

That O-line was good enough to help Ricky lead the league in rushing.

Fiedler went 3-11 for 24 yards in the second half of the final game of the season that we needed to make the playoffs.

The year Griese was here the O-line was bad, but it was adequate in the first two years.

Fiedler did not show up in playoff games, throwing 6 pics in two playoff games in his first season.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Dude, what friggin team have you been watching the last 4-5 years? :shakeno: Jay Fiedler was at best a mediocre QB. He was carried by his team. He could make a couple different passes, and that was it. ANd another thing, his offensive line was pretty damn good his first two seasons. It only stunk the last two.

OOOOOO KKKKAAAYYYY. if you would've taken the time to read my dam post you'd understand that my feelings are along the lines of yours...

I'll bow out of this....It will be an endless debate with no one looking at the reality of the shape of the team and organiztion...bash away!

BlueFin said:
Get real dude, you name another quarterback that had the leagues leading rusher, the leagues 3rd ranked defense, 8 pro bowlers, who also failed to get his team into the playoffs (2002).

He was a mediocre quarterback who threw as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Jay grew up a Jets fan and its only fitting he's up there to screw up that team and no longer here.

I can't wait for Jay to play against the Dolphins.

WOW DUDE!!!! Jay Fiedler was having a Pro Bowl year until he got hurt. ESPN Countdown that year, when Jay got hurt said it was too bad, because he was looking to be going to the Pro Bowl. We had Ray Lucas come in, and stink things up, literally, and we rushed Jay back that year. Jay still had a big game against the Raiders, and he played pretty damn well against the Pats. We lost the lead on D. That was not Jay's fault at all.

svnrdr said:
I'll bow out of this....It will be an endless debate with no one looking at the reality of the shape of the team and organiztion...bash away!

The day any NFL team comes calling to offer Jay even a shot at winning a starting job we'll talk, until that day happens bowing out is pretty much the only thing you can do.

I'm not nescessarily a Fiedler basher, he's a tough SOB and a gamer. but his game was limited and our orverall team was not strong enough to overcome those limitations. As our team was constructed we just were not going to seriously challenge for the super bowl with him at the helm....

Marc790 said:
Right -- Jay Fiedler was one of the best things that happened to Miami. It's not that Fieldler sucked -- it's that he was never supported by the offensive line. It's too bad, really -- he would have done well under Saban.

I guess he'll come back and haunt us now when Pennington gets hurt. I can see it already -- Fielder lighting up the Dolphins defense minus Pat Surtain.

WTF have you been smoking...I want some! I wouldn't mind being delusional for a while...

Trekbiz said:
The day any NFL team comes calling to offer Jay even a shot at winning a starting job we'll talk, until that day happens bowing out is pretty much the only thing you can do.

The key word was "reality".

You are speaking of the future, I was speaking of the "reality" of what happened during his tenure in Miami.

Marc790 said:

:roflmao: You can get a bum off the street, put him in pads, and even he can pick off Fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom