Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess.... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler has a sense of humor I guess....

Not that I approve...

jlfin said:
"The year RW ran for 1800 yds."
Yeah, and remember that Ricky quit when looking at another year of record carries behind our great offensive lines. There are days when I don't blame him.

Prakk said:
Yeah, and remember that Ricky quit when looking at another year of record carries behind our great offensive lines. There are days when I don't blame him.

OK, I guess this is the 1,000,012th time

Ricky chose his workload. He had the authority to come out of the game any time he wanted with no questions asked. He also requested to be left in on 3rd downs, instead of letting Minor come in to provide a breather.

Much of Ricky's salary was based on incentives...reaching those incentives were more important to him than the wear and tear on his body. That is, until he needed an excuse so that he wouldnt have to bear the responsibility of his actions.

I'd like to see Fiedler escaping the pocket and just as he is about to turn the corner upfield Channing Crowder DESTROYS him with a blindside/NFL Films/highlight reel hit.

The kind of hit people talk about 10 years from now. That would make up for the 4 years of missing open recievers/boneheaded decisions/quacking out patterns/misery he put me through.

Let's be real, Fiedler was never great and was often bad but the reason no one liked him is that he was not named Marino and was never going to be named Marino.

RWhitney014 said:
Let's be real, Fiedler was never great and was often bad but the reason no one liked him is that he was not named Marino and was never going to be named Marino.

It had NOTHING to do with that.

Fiedler represented everything we hated about the Wannstedt era.

Fiedler also failed in big games on a regular basis, could'nt stay healthy, could'nt throw a 12 yard out or hook without making every Dolphan hold there collective breath, threw a terrible deep ball, was very inaccurate, never hit recievers in stride so they could make a play after the catch, regularly hung his recievers out to dry so they could take big hits and missed WIDE open recievers regularly.

I list all of the above reasons WELL ahead of the "he was'nt Marino" arguement.

Cover23 said:
my brother in law went to some Jet charity auction thing. He went because he had free tickets from work. Anyway, it was all Jet players and a couple other people, Junior from Sproanos was there. Let me get to my point, he sees good ol Jay Fiedler and walks up to him to meet him and shakes hand, yada yada yada. He gives Fiedler his program to sign and gets Fiedler to write:
To Bill(thats me)
Miami sucks!!
Jay Fiedler

my brother in law said they both had a good laugh that he would actually write that, all in all, he said he was a good guy. Just thought i would share with my fellow Phin fans

That's because your brother in law forgot to tell him he was the QB.

I can see Jay coming in for Penny and lighting up the turf as his passes sail 10 feet over any receiver that happens to get open.

remember the playoffs against the terrible defense of indy, fiedler threw 3 picks in first half, then lamar smith won the game for us...he got lucky that fiedler

then remember when fiedler lost it for us in oakland that one year(not sure if it was the same) our defense stopped gannon three and out, we drive down to the 30 or sumthin and fiedler throws a pick for a td, the game was never the same after that

thanks fiedler, for being horrible in the playoffs

Marc790 said:
Right -- Jay Fiedler was one of the best things that happened to Miami. It's not that Fieldler sucked -- it's that he was never supported by the offensive line. It's too bad, really -- he would have done well under Saban.

I guess he'll come back and haunt us now when Pennington gets hurt. I can see it already -- Fielder lighting up the Dolphins defense minus Pat Surtain.

I like and respect Jay, always have. He is a class act, he is tough, and a competitor. He just is not physically talented enough. You are right, if Jay has the whole supporting cast around him and the offense as a whole is performing, he can win, trouble is is that he cannot create cause he is limited in teh throws he can make. Qbs have to create, jay just cant consistently. He cannot consistently lift the team when other units have a letdown.

KuD said:

I can see it happening, only becuase so many Dolphins fans are 100% positive that it's impossible. I've followed this league long enough to know when there's that much confidence towards something the opposite usually happens.

Pagan said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

It's posts like this that make me think it would be a lock that Fiedler would light us up if Pennington got hurt. I'm telling you this kind of confidence is no good. i can think of sooooooooo many examples where posters have been 110% positive that games would go a certain way and they didn't. That's the NFL, there's no sure thing and laughing at any possibility is ignorant.

njFinsForever said:
remember the playoffs against the terrible defense of indy, fiedler threw 3 picks in first half, then lamar smith won the game for us...he got lucky that fiedler

then remember when fiedler lost it for us in oakland that one year(not sure if it was the same) our defense stopped gannon three and out, we drive down to the 30 or sumthin and fiedler throws a pick for a td, the game was never the same after that

thanks fiedler, for being horrible in the playoffs

You do know that the Oakland and Indy game Fiedler was playing with a partially torn rotator cuff?

I could see your response now. Why did he play then? Because even at 60% he was better the Huard and whoever the other backup was at the time.

I remember many times that our defense let us down in the playoffs with Fiedler.

Remember Baltimore? Terry Allen at 58 rushed for almost 200 yards against our stellar defense. Oh yeah the same game late in the 4th Fiedler made a perfect throw to McKnight which would have been a TD. Of course he dropped the pass. With 7 mins left we would have only been down by 3 not 10 at that point.

If you wanna blame Fiedler for not being able to throw those out patterns or hooks then blame the offensive coordinator.

Under Gailey Fiedler was more a bootleg and play action passer which he excelled at when healthy. He also had audible capability. Not to many out patterns and hooks.

Under Turner. He is used as a pocket passer and is expected to throw those out and hooks because Turner is to stubborn and too stupid to adjust to his QB's strengths. Oh yeah, he had no option to audible and was forced to throw to a specific receiver regardless.

I get so tired of some of your guys hatred and blindness to see this. Was Fiedler great? No he wasn't. But he was never the problem in Miami.

Our team was built to start out gunning and get a quick lead. Then our defense was built to hold and maintain that lead with a conservative offense. Almost game after game and season after season. Fiedler consistantly managed the game into halftime with leads. Sure enough Wanny then went conservative and our offense and Fiedler couldn't handle all the 3rd and longs. So our defense eventually wore down and the game got tied or we were losing.

Then after not throwing for almost a quarter you now expect your QB to come in and save the day? He was not supposed to be the savior. He was supposed to manage the game and the lead.

If you wanna blame anyone blame the coaching. Fiedler did his job. The defense didn't do what they were built to do. That's not the defenses fault. The defense cant always cover for a 3 and out offense everytime out because Wanny chose to play not to lose rather then playing to win. Perfect example of this is the NE game that cost us the playoffs a few years ago. You all blame Fiedler for the 11 point loss. You don't care that it was the defense blowing the lead because our coah put them in that position. You don't care that on those last 2 3 and outs both McMichaels and Chambers dropped easy passes that would have resulted in a 1st down. Of course. Why would you notice that.

IT WOULD take away from your "I hate Fiedler" ranting

FIEDLER WASN'T THE PROBLEM.

Back
Top Bottom