FIEDLER LINK INSIDE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FIEDLER LINK INSIDE

Originally posted by RikWriter

I owe you nothing, and that's exactly what you'll get.

Rik you insulted me, and anyone that thinks Jay is good enough. If you want to do that, that is your option. Understand I was not asking for anything. I'm simply waiting to see why you were not warned for your MBoard wide insult.

Oliver...

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
Maybe we can trade a CB and Fletcher for Drew Brees from the Chargers :joke: :D after all didn't he play under NT?? or was he drafted after NT left?

lol. That'd be a nice deal. Any decent player for Fletcher would be.

Yeah, Brees played under Norv last year. But he got benched. I'm not a Brees fan. IMO he's pretty much like Jay Fiedler. And I'm not interested in a lateral move. We all agree that Norv's system demands a QB with a pretty strong arm. And Brees really doesn't have that.

I'd like to have a tall, accurate guy with a gun. But wouldn't we all, right??

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
Maybe we get rid of them both and see if Gus Ferrotte will be free from the Vikings?

Only if Randy Moss come with him.:D

Originally posted by Oliver

Rik you insulted me

No, Oliver, no one insulted you. I just DEFINED what a non-knowledgable football fan would be like and you read into it a nonexistent insult. At least that's how YOU explained the situation to me when you told me I wasn't a real Dolphins fan...
:rolleyes:

No, Oliver, no one insulted you. I just DEFINED what a non-knowledgable football fan would be like and you read into it a nonexistent insult. At least that's how YOU explained the situation to me when you told me I wasn't a real Dolphins fan...
:rolleyes:

This is an insult, "EVERYONE who knows anything about football already knew Fiedler wasn't the answer."

Shame on the MBoard for not jumping all over you.

Oliver...

C-C-Can't we all just get along?

Originally posted by Oliver

This is an insult, "EVERYONE who knows anything about football already knew Fiedler wasn't the answer."

How is that an insult and saying "By definition, you aren't a real fan" not an insult, Oliver? Inquiring minds want to know...

ENOUGH. I don't think ANYBODY has the right to tell anyone else around here whether they are knowledgable or not. Agree, disagree, and/or state why you feel this way.

But do not throw the blanket over an entire group of people. That is out of line. It ends here.

Originally posted by Muck
Enough. I don't think ANYBODY has the right to tell anyone else around here whether they are knowledgable or not. Agree, disagree, and/or state why you feel this way.

But do not throw the blanket over an entire group of people. That is out of line.

Except of course that's not what I did, Muck, and Oliver knows it. Don't accept his twisting of my words and their meaning as gospel. He has a personal grudge against me because I exposed him as a hypocritical flamer on another board, and he takes every opportunity to lash out at me here, whether he was originally involved in a conversation or not. I stand by what I said and it was not insulting to anyone.

Originally posted by ZOD
C-C-Can't we all just get along?

As soon as the blanket insults stop there's no reason not to get along.

Oliver...

This has nothing to do with Oliver. He nor did anyone else contact me about this. You may not have meant anything by it, but it can be interperated the other way. When I first read it, that's also how I took it (that it had sort of an underlying tone). But that's the trouble with the internet....you can't always interperate the intended tone.

You can't speak for "all knowledgable football fans" because you are one person.

Originally posted by Muck
This has nothing to do with Oliver. He nor did anyone else contact me about this. You may not have meant anything by it, but it can be interperated the other way. When I first read it, that's also how I took it (that it had sort of an underlying tone). But that's the trouble with the internet....you can't always interperate the intended tone.

You can't speak for "all knowledgable football fans" because you are one person.

I don't claim to speak for all knowledgable football fans, and that's not a quote of what I said either. What I said was anyone knowledgable about football knows that Fiedler isn't the answer at QB. A perusal of the various sports sites will provide you with ample quotes to bear this out. I am not basing it on my opinion, I am basing it on the opinions of people paid to write about, coach and play NFL football.

Semantics, my man. It's the same thing. And it comes across the same way. Especially when you said "EVERYONE" in caps.

EVERYONE who knows anything about football already knew Fiedler wasn't the answer. That's why it's inexcusable that the FO hasn't acted on the QB problem more decisively, instead of half-measures like Sage and Griese.
I don't think this coaching staff and GM need to worry about it though...they won't be around to deal with the offseason. They're toast and they ought to know it by now.

I've read through every post on this thread several times and referred back to these original comments, my opinion: I don't see anything wrong with these statements towards anyone.

Its actually quite funny that someone thought this was an insult. We all come across comments similar to these on a daily basis. "Fiedler haters are clueless", "Chambers is the best, if you don't see it, you're blind", "You all are wrong". Just some of the usual that you can't take seriously, especially on a Message Boards for God's sake.

it's always best when people talk in extreme black/white situations, because we all know there is no gray area at all in football or in life.
anyone who is knowledgeable in anything will tell you that...

no, the team won't go anywhere without better play from the entire offense. that's something everybody can agree on. as for the rest of it, we have to hope the coaching staff and the players figure it out. everyone's guess is just a guess. even sports websites.

Back
Top Bottom