Fiedler Supporter losing faith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Supporter losing faith

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
For so long I have done nothing but support Jay Fiedler and chastise people that put him down. I supported him the day he took over for #13 and have gotten in to heated arguments with people that had nothing but bad things to say about his play. After watching yet another mediocre performance by our QB last night, I have finally come to the conclusion that the Dolphins will never have the chance to be a Super Bowl team with Fiedler at the helm. He does not have the physical skills to be a top tier QB and makes stupid throws when the game is on the line.

I don’t know why I have always blindly supported him, but I think as fans, we sometimes HOPE that the player we like will live up to certain expectations and that hope leads us to blindly support someone that needs to be looked at more closely.

Fiedler is a great guy, but the time has come to be honest about his limitations. I hate to finally admit it, but I can’t stand to watch him throw anymore. Sitting in the stands after that STUPID pick made me feel sick to my stomach. I did not enjoy the victory at all because a newfound reality hit me as the players were leaving the field- The Dolphins do NOT have the physical, gamebreaking talent on offense to be a Super Bowl contender. Maybe I’m just pissed off, but we are missing something on offense. What is this team going to do when Ricky continues to get stuffed? Every team in the AFCE has upgraded their defenses to counter Ricky and we need a QB that can step up and make plays and I no longer think that JF can step it up another level.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ask you one question....Did the Ravens have have the physical gamebreaking talent on offense when they won the Superbowl?

Ricky makes a difference!

Hmmm ... is that why the ESPN commentators said Jay Fiedler could be one of the top 6 or 7 QBs in the league? Grab a tape ... Jay was getting love all night long.

We saw last night how all the Bills' offseason moves worked when they concentrated on stuffing Ricky.

Now is not the time to be jumping off the bandwagon!

Why would you say something like this all of a sudden? He didn't exactly light it up yesterday but he played well. Ricky got the ball 42 times!!!! that doesn't leave a lot of opportunities for big play passing. Did you not hear the announcers giving Fiedler his props? Buffalo has a really tough defense and they still could've come away from that game with 23 points if Mare had not missed the two fg's. Fiedler's biggest problem is exactly what Joe Theisman said yesterday...."...his biggest problem is that he is not Marino, but then again....WHO IS?" He threw one pic that was his fault and it was a good read by the defense because Chambers had his man beat. The 2nd INT was McKnights fault...NOT Feidler's. He had a pretty good game so I don't understand why you come up with this after this game. If he had had a 4 int game then I can understand, but not after yesterdays game.

Bumrush,

I'm attempting to be the first to respond on this thread because I'm seeing the same thing and I hope people refrain from bashing your thought.

I bought into the "game manager" theory too. But after watching football for hours on end with the sunday ticket and seeing the completed "bombs" when they are open is completely discouraging when we cannot complete one "in stride".

Just don't get too down on it because of late there have been the Brady, Dilfer, and Johnson cases.

Just resolve to the game plan of Defense, smart play on offense and pray.

The "explosive offenses" haven't faired too well in the playoffs lately neither. (Raiders, Rams, ect.)

If you are reffering to the 2nd interception as that "Stupid pick". Dude that WAS NOT Jay's fault... McKnight did not recognize the blitz and did not get his head around... Theisman and CO all said as much last night when it happened.

Jay played played pretty well last night, my biggest complaint is his down field accuracy... Other than that he was tough as nails and managed the game well.

The TD pass to Chambers was perfect, the long first down to McMichael was also sweet... Jay had many more good throws than bad...

Still he needs to play better (again downfield accuracy)... Combined with the missed Field Goals by Mare We should have won that game by another 10 points at least.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Maybe we should try and trade him for Bledsoe.

No, but I wouldn't mind having Brunnell, and he will be available in the offseason.

Yeah that First int was cause he didnt get the ball there quickly enough, chambers had his man beat but the corner was able to come over from the other side of the field for the pick. The pass to Chambers when Milloy hit him for the pass interference also was basically the same thing he needed to get the ball there earlier or hes goin to get chambers killed. Then there was the missed pass where chambers had the man beat but fiedler overthrew him and it went off his fingertips. All and all he had an avg game, being an avg qb thats what u have to expect. He did ok he made some plays, but he missed a few as well.

Originally posted by Bumrush
For so long I have done nothing but support Jay Fiedler and chastise people that put him down. I supported him the day he took over for #13 and have gotten in to heated arguments with people that had nothing but bad things to say about his play. After watching yet another mediocre performance by our QB last night, I have finally come to the conclusion that the Dolphins will never have the chance to be a Super Bowl team with Fiedler at the helm. He does not have the physical skills to be a top tier QB and makes stupid throws when the game is on the line.

I don’t know why I have always blindly supported him, but I think as fans, we sometimes HOPE that the player we like will live up to certain expectations and that hope leads us to blindly support someone that needs to be looked at more closely.

Fiedler is a great guy, but the time has come to be honest about his limitations. I hate to finally admit it, but I can’t stand to watch him throw anymore. Sitting in the stands after that STUPID pick made me feel sick to my stomach. I did not enjoy the victory at all because a newfound reality hit me as the players were leaving the field- The Dolphins do NOT have the physical, gamebreaking talent on offense to be a Super Bowl contender. Maybe I’m just pissed off, but we are missing something on offense. What is this team going to do when Ricky continues to get stuffed? Every team in the AFCE has upgraded their defenses to counter Ricky and we need a QB that can step up and make plays and I no longer think that JF can step it up another level.

Im sorry you must havent watched the game last night and are just reading stats. Fiedler was great last night, that run he made to get the first down, thats heart, thats courage. What the 2 interceptions??? Sheesh watch some football, the coverage was just perfect, if he makes the throw and its caught, everyone goes what a great throw, you cant cover it any better than that and fiedler just put it there perfectly, sure he might have held on a second too long but it was like it was a terrble throw. The McKnight interception, well you have to blame McKnight on that one looked like to me, he didnt read the defense right and should have turned around seeing they were blitzing. Either way fiedler played a great game. out of the 4 interceptions he has this year, I would say 3 arent his fault, You cant ever blame a Hail Mary on a QB, I know Im going back to week 1 but it adds to his INTs.

Give the guy a break we are 2-1, besides the Houston Loss, Miami is just starting to get things going.

Personally I hate the fact we lost at home to Houston, but it might be the best thing that has ever happened to this team, to get smacked in the face in week 1.

"The Dolphins do NOT have the physical, gamebreaking talent on offense to be a Super Bowl contender. Maybe I’m just pissed off, but we are missing something on offense. What is this team going to do when Ricky continues to get stuffed? Every team in the AFCE has upgraded their defenses to counter Ricky and we need a QB that can step up and make plays and I no longer think that JF can step it up another level."

That's what Bumrush said. Do you see blame placed squarely on Fiedler's shoulders? It's not.

What he is looking at and I too have been worried about is that Fiedler cannot "take a game over" and for that matter his receivers haven't shown the ability either.

I'm not going to take the time to review the games that cause this despondant view because it would amount to nothing in causing you to see what (I think) we see.

Insults about "watching some football" are not neccessary.

Evidently he was "sitting in the stands" and has a different view.

Originally posted by RikWriter

No, but I wouldn't mind having Brunnell, and he will be available in the offseason.

I'd rather give sage a chance than pick up an aging has-been.

a bit too early to be making assesments about Fiedler . Wait until the end of the year. Yes, Brunnell is available next year but you guys just hired Griese. Wait until the end of the year and see how Fiedler pans out.

Right now this team is riding on the back of RW. With the way your D showed up last night, Fiedler may be enough to take your team far. RW + last nights D (if they can play that way during road games) Fiedler is enough.

Like I said on another thread, teams have won sb's in recent years didn't need elite qb's to win it all. Dilfer, Brady and Johnson exactly Farve's , Marinos, Kelly's of the league.

Originally posted by Crisdeman

I'd rather give sage a chance than pick up an aging has-been.

I haven't seen anything from Sage in the preseason that tells me he has that sort of ability.

Why in the hell are we saying things like "blame" picking up QB's after such a good win!?!?!?!?! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom