Fiedler Supporter losing faith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Supporter losing faith

Originally posted by ZOD
"The Dolphins do NOT have the physical, gamebreaking talent on offense to be a Super Bowl contender. Maybe I’m just pissed off, but we are missing something on offense. What is this team going to do when Ricky continues to get stuffed? Every team in the AFCE has upgraded their defenses to counter Ricky and we need a QB that can step up and make plays and I no longer think that JF can step it up another level."

That's what Bumrush said. Do you see blame placed squarely on Fiedler's shoulders? It's not.

What he is looking at and I too have been worried about is that Fiedler cannot "take a game over" and for that matter his receivers haven't shown the ability either.

I'm not going to take the time to review the games that cause this despondant view because it would amount to nothing in causing you to see what (I think) we see.

Insults about "watching some football" are not neccessary.

Evidently he was "sitting in the stands" and has a different view.

Take it for what it is, I havent seen Fielder play bad this year, all you guys want is a Peyton Manning or a Bledsoe or whatever, how many superbowls have those guys won? How many wins do they have? Oh wait Buffalo had the best offense in the league what did they do? Absolutely nothing last night. All that talent on offense managed 98 yards, and half of that was the last min.

I think Miami has the magic formula right now, and its only week 3, give them slack Id take Fiedler over a lot of the QBs out there right now. Now if there was a free agent which QB would I want for this team, hell I would go with Steve McNair over some of the bigger names, he is also another QB that just knows how to win.

Fiedler made a nice tackle last night too.

I enjoy watching him play because of his leadership. Sure, the guy will make mistakes, but he fights through them and as Muck pointed out, you can't rattle him. You never see quit in his eyes.

Fiedler is a very good runner too btw! He is damn quick!

Originally posted by RikWriter

No, but I wouldn't mind having Brunnell, and he will be available in the offseason.

Did Brunell do any better against that Bills D than Fiedler? He never found the endzone and didn't sustain drives the way Jay did. And no way does he give us Jays scrambling. If we're going to upgrade, it'd better BE an upgrade.

Originally posted by Superself
Fiedler made a nice tackle last night too.

I enjoy watching him play because of his leadership. Sure, the guy will make mistakes, but he fights through them and as Muck pointed out, you can't rattle him. You never see quit in his eyes.

Fiedler is a very good runner too btw! He is damn quick!

What about that run he made to get a first down. The guy wants to win period. Thats all you can ask.

I loved the expression on Drews face ( i love drew bledsoe, but he killed me in my fantasy league this week, thanks to the dolphins -1 points) he had the look like I dont know what to do.

I havent seen our D play so good, and I loved the game plan, Just kept pounding the ball into them, eventually they got tired and it showed.

Hell, I like Jay too. He is all we have at the position IMO.

So I'm riding the bandwagon.

It doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see the QB to receiver exchange improve though.

But I think we all (detractors included) are waiting patiently to see what our passing game looks like in November and December. That's when all this work either comes together or falls apart.

Hopefully when Fiedler gets his shot he won't blow it. He hasn't had his shot yet. When the D breaks down and we have to make a comeback then we'll see Fiedler using all his weapons. I believe he can win us a game. You just gotta have faith because there's going to come a game where we have to come from behind. I think we have the weapons to do it.

Rik, I didn't see you had replied to me....don't waste your time bra.....I've had you on ignore since the Houston game.....and seeing as how your theory of past performance= future performance is so scary innaccurate, I don't feel that I've missed anything.

I will say that I am surprised that you are still here at all but, I am not surprised at all that your posting frequency has dropped considerably now that we have won a couple.....and I am completely unsurprised to see you contributing in yet another thread bashing anything possible after a soild win against a division foe.

Have your say all you want but, save yourself some typing by not replying to anything I post.

Did Troy Aikman, Brad Johnson/Gus Ferotte or Drew Brees/Doug Flutie ever "take a game over?" I think not, at least no more so than Fiedler has in Norv Turner's scheme. His offense has been and always will be running back driven with a quarterback to take advantage of what the defense gives up after adjusting to stop the running game. Is Fiedler better than Aikman? No, he's not as accurate with his passes, but he does make more plays with his feet than Troy ever did (without the benefit of an All-Pro O-line, I might add). Say what you will about Jay Fiedler (and I'm not particularly a huge fan of his, but he is my team's QB so I support and cheer for him), but the guy is one tough, thick-shinned, short-memoried SOB who, more often than not, finds a way to get it done. Did I mention he has the highest winning percentage of any active quarterback?

I have no problem with Fiedler. Yes, I though he made some bad throws last night, I am also aware that he is not very good at the long pass. I think Fiedler is good enough to win. He is not Marino, but the guy is a fighter and tough as nails. Let Fielder do what he does best, throw short to intermediate passes and hand it to Ricky. Griese is not ready yet, and I have my doubts about him anyway. I am not jumping off the ship.:eat:

Guys, I'm not trying to bash anyone on this team. I LIKE FIEDLER. I think he brings a lot to the table!
However, I am always making excuses for his play. Last year I made excuses in the NE game where he completed 11 passes all day when our SEASON was on the line. My personal opinion has changed towards his play not his heart. I finally see what other have been complaining about for years. It's not that I dislike Fiedler or don't think he is a winner, I just don't think he can take over a game and win with his arm. A year ago I would have blasted this post to hell, but I have to be honest with myself and finally admit that I no longer have confidence in him to a be a Super Bowl quality QB that can win with his head and his arm.

Jf managed the game OK last night. I don't put much blame on him for the two picks. On the 1st, my guess is that Miami game planned to throw that one up and take advantage of CC's vertical over Winfield. Clements just made a great play. On the 2nd, it appeared that JF read blitz and Mcknight didn't.

I do blame JF for the pass that should have been picked by Prioleau (sp?) JF just didn't see him and he should have. I also blame JF for missing CC on what should have been a 66 yd TD.

On the plus side, JF ran tough, did a great job of making Buffalo jump offsides and in general managed the game well.

Originally posted by RikWriter

I haven't seen anything from Sage in the preseason that tells me he has that sort of ability.

He showed flashes and has the best arm on the team, whereas Brunell will be on the down side of 34. At that point, its time to blow up the team and rebuild with some youth. The phins arent getting any younger, and there is no reason to waste time and money on a qb who will only be there for maybe 2 more years.

Did you know ...

Out of regular starting quarterbacks, Jay has the 6th-highest QB rating in the AFC?

Originally posted by deathdisco

What about that run he made to get a first down. The guy wants to win period. Thats all you can ask.

I loved the expression on Drews face ( i love drew bledsoe, but he killed me in my fantasy league this week, thanks to the dolphins -1 points) he had the look like I dont know what to do.

I havent seen our D play so good, and I loved the game plan, Just kept pounding the ball into them, eventually they got tired and it showed.

It's easy to play great when you're only on the field for 20 minutes...:D

That game was the blueprint for the success of this team. NO doubt.

I think the reason we "blindly support" the guy is because we have no other choice. Just because the guy isn't a great QB doesn't mean you can't/shouldn't support him. Sure, you could sit here and be despondent after such a glorious win. But what fun is that??

I think most of us (me anyway) know the guy's shortcomings and have pointed them out repeatedly. And he scares me more often than not when he lets go of the ball. But I also see the good things he does, the areas I feel he can improve, and the areas where his supporting cast are strong and/or can improve in. I guess I'm just a "glass is half full" kinda guy. And rather than give up and pack it in for the season, I prefer to stay positive, take things week by week, and see what happens.

I look at it this way: we wait nine months for football season to get here. And I'll be danged if I'm gonna let anything get me down this early on. Even a bad season couldn't completely ruin things for me. I love football and bad football is better than no football at all. So you can see that something as minor as Jay Fiedler's limitations (minor in the grand scheme of things) couldn't ruin my autumn.

Back
Top Bottom