Fiedler to play Monday Night | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler to play Monday Night

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I know this will piss some of you off, and some of us happy! :)

Dolphins | Fiedler Says He Can Play - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 07:40:17 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Palm Beach Post reports Miami Dolphins QB Jay Fiedler (knee) has told family members he will play Monday, Oct. 27, and that his knee sprain is not that severe.

well, i wonder how much his decision to play is being based more on the fact that he does not want B. Griese to get a shot...but i kind of wanted to see what Griese could do...and i don't think griese is better than fiedler...but it would have been a good opportunity to see griese and rest fiedler's knee. as long as we win...thats all i really care about.

I heard from a friend of a friends mom who spoke with the second cousin of Jay, and he said no way he is playing. ;)

Originally posted by MacAttack
I heard from a friend of a friends mom who spoke with the second cousin of Jay, and he said no way he is playing. ;)
my sister interviewed w/Brian Levy on Monday for a job and she said that he said that Jay said that Ken Fielder said that his brother said that Jay should play thru the pain. :tongue: OK - the first part is true at least ;)

Booooo! I wanted to see what Griese can do for the fins and answer any speculations people have about him. If he sucks, he sucks. If he's good, qb controversy :D .

If there was a right time to do it, it would be against the chargers. They aren't playing great football and I think Brees is not a starter in this league and this game is Seau's sb.

"Fiedler told his family he will play on Monday Night."

That might actually mean something if...

1) Fiedler actually was the one making the decision.
2) He said "start" instead of "dress in uniform and hold a clipboard for Griese."

When the coaching staff makes an announcement, then it will mean something.

Well if he starts that's fine but if Our O doesn't move the darn ball or put up any points then I hope they put in BG! Our O is getting old I want some POINTSSS!!!!!

Let's wait and see. .

Jay's long ball IMO was looking better last game, I actually thought he threw it pretty well. Except for the fact we left points on the board. If he can't do it this week against SD he can't do it against anyone. Then maybe it's time to start looking into it.

What really concerns me more is this horrid of a line we have.

You don't think the player has any impact on wheather he plays or not?? He does, he may not make the ultimate decision, but he does have an impact on whether or not he plays.

This has got to be the most frightening article I've ever read!

"Not many people know that Jay played all four years of college with a brace on his left knee because of instability in there" - Ken Fiedler, Jay's father. WTF??????
Was Wannstedt one of those people not to know this?? How have we played a guy on our team who has that much injury problems? This is a joke. I think some of you are right, Jay would rather play hurt with all this swelling in his knee than just give Griese a start and our team a better chance of winning.
SELFISH!!

Originally posted by chambers84
You don't think the player has any impact on wheather he plays or not?? He does, he may not make the ultimate decision, but he does have an impact on whether or not he plays.

If it was just an injury, yes.
But if the coaching staff would like to see Greise and use this injury as an excuse, then no, he has no impact.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba

If it was just an injury, yes.
But if the coaching staff would like to see Greise and use this injury as an excuse, then no, he has no impact.

Correct.

Now is the time to test the waters with BG.

Well I guess that means our D will have to play hard again just to make up for Jay giving the ball away to keep his streak of turnovers up,not to mention his inability to do jacksh** with this O....yipeee!

Originally posted by Dolfan02
This is a joke. I think some of you are right, Jay would rather play hurt with all this swelling in his knee than just give Griese a start and our team a better chance of winning.
SELFISH!!

You honestly believe that??

Back
Top Bottom