Fiedler to play Monday Night | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler to play Monday Night

How many times has Wanne said "Jay is our starting QB" ? enough that we s/kno that Jay will start unless he is inactive due to injury...

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Let's wait and see. .

Jay's long ball IMO was looking better last game, I actually thought he threw it pretty well. Except for the fact we left points on the board. If he can't do it this week against SD he can't do it against anyone. Then maybe it's time to start looking into it.

What really concerns me more is this horrid of a line we have.

naah, let's not. jay's into his 4th yr already and if he was going to do it, he would have by now. Either way tho, this O hAS to start rolling somehow.

Originally posted by Unconquered
We wanted to see Lucas start last year and look what happened.

At least in this situation we could go back to Jay fairly easy. we wouldn't be stuck with Brian for 6 games if he pulls a Lucas.

Originally posted by Muck

You honestly believe that??

There is a good chance it could be the case. Professional athletes are known for pulling this stunt. And unfortunately it boils down to the money. If someone comes in your workplace and substitutes you "for the moment" or "temporarily" for whatever reason, BUT performs better than you, your bosses are saying "Hmmm". There's a good chance you might just stay out longer than you expected which results in lower pay or no paycheck at all if you're simply released by the end of the year.

Some Examples:
1) Kurt Warner/Marc Bulger - Kurt wanted to play while hurt
2) Trent Green/Kurt Warner - Kurt tooks Trent's job as starting QB for the Rams because Trent decided to sit out with an injury. Trent was released while injured b/c Kurt was great.
3) Bledsoe/Brady
4) McNabb now playing hurt while good QBs sit behind him.
5) K. Stewart/Maddox

Even what happened with Pedro Martinez of the Red Sox represents the same idea in a different situation. He was tired, wanted to stay in the game, and it cost the game. Coaches are responsible to determine if a player is too injured or tired to continue playing.

Thats just the way I see it, I could be wrong, but I doubt it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
continuity is important. Jay has been the starter, has a feel for the Offense, the personnel, and the recievers capabilities. the learning curve on either Sage or Griese might lead to some extra losses. if Jay can go, in my opinion he should remain the starter. last year when Lucas took over during Jay's absence, things did not go well, and the Fins missed the playoffs by one game. even among Jay's detractors (and i have been one myself), does anyone doubt the Fins would've won at least one more of the games lost with Lucas as QB, had jay not been injured, thus making the playoffs last year?

i should add: if Jay is hurt more severely or we have a protracted losing streak, they should look into the other options.

p.s. and as for next year, all bets are off as far as i am concerned. bring someone else in, give griese a shot, whatever, but do it from camp forward, not 6 games into the season.

Honestly a Loss on Monday night would not put us out of the Playoffs.

Taking a risk here is better then taking a risk against the Colts or Jets/Buff in the upcoming weeks.

Originally posted by Dolfan02

There is a good chance it could be the case. Professional athletes are known for pulling this stunt. And unfortunately it boils down to the money. If someone comes in your workplace and substitutes you "for the moment" or "temporarily" for whatever reason, BUT performs better than you, your bosses are saying "Hmmm". There's a good chance you might just stay out longer than you expected which results in lower pay or no paycheck at all if you're simply released by the end of the year.

Some Examples:
1) Kurt Warner/Marc Bulger - Kurt wanted to play while hurt
2) Trent Green/Kurt Warner - Kurt tooks Trent's job as starting QB for the Rams because Trent decided to sit out with an injury. Trent was released while injured b/c Kurt was great.
3) Bledsoe/Brady
4) McNabb now playing hurt while good QBs sit behind him.
5) K. Stewart/Maddox

Even what happened with Pedro Martinez of the Red Sox represents the same idea in a different situation. He was tired, wanted to stay in the game, and it cost the game. Coaches are responsible to determine if a player is too injured or tired to continue playing.

Thats just the way I see it, I could be wrong, but I doubt it. :)

This post in itself makes sense, but there is a little difference in these situations and the one we have right now.

We're 4-2, and will probably be 5-2. We're still right in the thick of it. Hell, we're less behind than we were in week 1. :p

In situation 1, Warner was 0-6, their backup Jamie Martin was terrible, and Bulger came in as the #3 guy, and I think the rest we all know. In 2003 Warner looked awful week 1 and the Rams now look like a solid team.

Situation 2 I believe Trent Green blew out his knee. He was out for the season regarless of if Warner was on the team. Jay has a sprained knee. Warner also has had a bad thumb for a few years now, Jay sat out when he messed up his thumb.

3) Bledsoe was out for number of weeks anyways. Bledsoe is still a good QB, Brady is just better for the Pats. They were 0-2 under Bledsoe and Brady had them on a roll.

4) The Eagles aren't as good as they used to be. They lost a lot of players. McNaab's problem is his tumb as well. He's not doing what he used to. Jay's been a few inches here and there to having 150-200 yards more on his stat sheet. McNaab is playing worse than Jay right now, believe it or not. :p

5) First off, Kordell Stewart sucks. Anthony Thomas is back to having a decent season, and Kordell Stewart is just lousy. He was lousy with the Steelers save one or two seasons. (Ala Testeverte) Maddox (Who isn't playing that well himself) came in and got them to the playoffs. Stewart was released like the Ray Lucas he is...well not that bad ;)

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. :)

Fiedler is gonna start on Monady night.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

MIAMI IS DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't count your chickens until Sunday. I find the "Fiedler has told family members" line to be extremely dubious, and the coaching staff is going to hold the info back from the Chargers for as long as possible.

Originally posted by Dolfan984

This post in itself makes sense, but there is a little difference in these situations and the one we have right now.

We're 4-2, and will probably be 5-2. We're still right in the thick of it. Hell, we're less behind than we were in week 1. :p

In situation 1, Warner was 0-6, their backup Jamie Martin was terrible, and Bulger came in as the #3 guy, and I think the rest we all know. In 2003 Warner looked awful week 1 and the Rams now look like a solid team.

Situation 2 I believe Trent Green blew out his knee. He was out for the season regarless of if Warner was on the team. Jay has a sprained knee. Warner also has had a bad thumb for a few years now, Jay sat out when he messed up his thumb.

3) Bledsoe was out for number of weeks anyways. Bledsoe is still a good QB, Brady is just better for the Pats. They were 0-2 under Bledsoe and Brady had them on a roll.

4) The Eagles aren't as good as they used to be. They lost a lot of players. McNaab's problem is his tumb as well. He's not doing what he used to. Jay's been a few inches here and there to having 150-200 yards more on his stat sheet. McNaab is playing worse than Jay right now, believe it or not. :p

5) First off, Kordell Stewart sucks. Anthony Thomas is back to having a decent season, and Kordell Stewart is just lousy. He was lousy with the Steelers save one or two seasons. (Ala Testeverte) Maddox (Who isn't playing that well himself) came in and got them to the playoffs. Stewart was released like the Ray Lucas he is...well not that bad ;)

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. :)

I agree with you about these QBs. I didn't want to get into how good each of these QBs are and if they had a chance playing on another team if they were released. But my point was to explain that Fiedler might be opting to play hurt for the upcoming game so that Griese is not able to gain a shot as starting QB if he were to perform well. I think Fiedler's career would be over because no other team would want him or pay his salary as a veteran IMO.

Back
Top Bottom