Fifth Round Magic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fifth Round Magic

DolfinJohnNY

Active Roster
Reaction score
The 5th round has been a winning round for the DOLPHINS of the past. We have as many 5th rounders as we have 1st rounders. NICE.

For those 3 picks in the 5th I'm pulling for a backup/developmental QB (not sure if ROSEN is up to the task?), so I'm going with FROMM here.

Along with the Best Available RB after we have already chosen one between the 1st & 3rd. Would a ZACH MOSS or AJ DILLON fit here?

For the 3rd 5th rounder...?

I have always loved the 5th round & I hope we're able to keep all three without using them for moving up.

Thoughts?

The 5th round has been a winning round for the DOLPHINS of the past. We have as many 5th rounders as we have 1st rounders. NICE.

For those 3 picks in the 5th I'm pulling for a backup/developmental QB (not sure if ROSEN is up to the task?), so I'm going with FROMM here.

Along with the Best Available RB after we have already chosen one between the 1st & 3rd. Would a ZACH MOSS or AJ DILLON fit here?

For the 3rd 5th rounder...?

I have always loved the 5th round & I hope we're able to keep all three without using them for moving up.

Thoughts?
Nothing wrong with dreaming brother. That's, basically, what ppl do every time they buy a lottery ticket.

We have had some good players taken later in the draft.

Zach, Rashad Jones, Lamar Miller to name a few. B McCain was also a 5th rd pick. Not great, but not bad for a rd5.

Actually, after reviewing the last couple decades of drafts, that's about it. It actually isn't that common to get pro bowl talent in the later rounds.

Nothing wrong with dreaming brother. That's, basically, what ppl do every time they buy a lottery ticket.

We have had some good players taken later in the draft.

Zach, Rashad Jones, Lamar Miller to name a few. B McCain was also a 5th rd pick. Not great, but not bad for a rd5.

Actually, after reviewing the last couple decades of drafts, that's about it. It actually isn't that common to get pro bowl talent in the later rounds.
Don't forget the one & only JAY AJAYI (sp?) too.

If Dillon is somehow there, yeah, grab him for sure. Doubt Fromm lasts that long either, but yeah same thing.

I think more likely some of those 5ths move us up somewhere

Don't forget the one & only JAY AJAYI (sp?) too.
1/2 season doesn't make a good career.

I think Gase was an idiot for how he handled that whole situation, but what Ajai ever do besides that 5 game stretch?

Has a ring, I guess......

I really think we need to nail the 2 5th round picks we have right next to each other. I really hope to get Shaq Quarterman from the U in this round.

1/2 season doesn't make a good career.

I think Gase was an idiot for how he handled that whole situation, but what Ajai ever do besides that 5 game stretch?

Has a ring, I guess......
Say what you will about JAY but he was a good 5th round pick IMO. Don't get me started on GASE. :wall

If Dillon is somehow there, yeah, grab him for sure. Doubt Fromm lasts that long either, but yeah same thing.

I think more likely some of those 5ths move us up somewhere
You're probably right about moving one of those picks Travis. I'm hoping we keep them, unless of course for our next superstar. Ha

There’s a couple good running backs that could go mid rounds...

Raymond Calais and Darrynton Evans are both speedy, smaller backs that would complement Jordan Howard in the passing game

Would love Darrynton Evans but think he might go on Day 2.

Anfernee Jennings from Bama would be be a nice fit for us.

one flyer I hope is available in R5 is CB L’Jarius Sneed.

would also love K’von Wallace, safety from Clemson but he might go top 150

Didn’t Reshad Jones come from the 5th or 6th?

I expect to trade away at least one of these but to also add one or two for next year

Fromm is being projected mid 3rd - pretty good value. Dillon at the end of the 4th - just a few (7) slots ahead of 141. I tend to think he'll go Day 2, though. At 70, decent chance Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Swift, and Edwards-Helaire are off the board, and I'd have no issue drafting Dillon there. Of course, if there's someone else I like even better, I'm not going to pass him up for a RB, but because of the gap between 70 and 141, you're probably looking at situational RB's after 70.

Fromm is being projected mid 3rd - pretty good value. Dillon at the end of the 4th - just a few (7) slots ahead of 141. I tend to think he'll go Day 2, though. At 70, decent chance Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Swift, and Edwards-Helaire are off the board, and I'd have no issue drafting Dillon there. Of course, if there's someone else I like even better, I'm not going to pass him up for a RB, but because of the gap between 70 and 141, you're probably looking at situational RB's after 70.
Prefer Love > Herbert at #5
Prefer Fromm 70 > Herbert # 5.

What's your take on Fromm, I've heard the NFL scouts are higher on Fromm than the media types. He's not getting much respect outside of NFL circles? Dillon would be a huge steal with Miami's 4th rounder, if he makes it that far. Not sure Miami has shown any interest in Dillon.

Back
Top Bottom