Film Room: Josh Rosen’s 1st Pro Start | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film Room: Josh Rosen’s 1st Pro Start

I get that... you may be right. Just seen too many of these mobile college QB’s come into the big leagues and get hurt by a much overall higher level of talent.

I’m not skeptical on his talent....skeptical on whether his size and propensity to run will hold up long term...it will be interesting.

I’m still a believer that the most efficient, long term winning answer at QB is the QB that has the arm, accuracy and can read defenses....can move around in the pocket to avoid the rush.... is mobile enough to run when necessary on a very limited basis.

That to me is the key to winning... keeping your QB on the field and off IR.

I also think 6’4” is preferable to 5’10”.... doesn’t mean the short guy can’t get it done... but there is an advantage to height.

I see the Brady’s, Manning’s, Rodgers, Brees etc etc... staying pretty healthy and winning Superbowls....I see the running QB having some success, sometimes short term(RG3)...or longer term (Cam Newton).... But more injuries and missed games.

If a running QB can control his urge and protect himself more... like a Russell Wilson, it can work.

Respect that take..Carson Wentz comes to mind when reading your description..

The thing with Murray is, is he’s so fast, so agile, moreso than anyone else, he’s so conscious of not getting hit, that he actually decreases his risk both ways, athletically he separates, consciously he protects, it’s the combination of the two that makes one very confident that the skillset will translate and be highly successful..Wilson has this combination, and hasn’t missed a game.

Respect that take..Carson Wentz comes to mind when reading your description..

The thing with Murray is, is he’s so fast, so agile, moreso than anyone else, he’s so conscious of not getting hit, that he actually decreases his risk both ways, athletically he separates, consciously he protects, it’s the combination of the two that makes one very confident that the skillset will translate and be highly successful..Wilson has this combination, and hasn’t missed a game.

Agreed, and he probably will... but I don’t think you can assume he is “another Russell Wilson” upstairs until he proves it on the field.... at this level. College ball is the minor leagues.

Revisionist history. I grew up in So Florida since 1966. My father, God rest his soul, made me the Dolphins fan that I am today. Earl Morall orchestrated most of that amazing season while Bob Griese was out injured. Shula brought Griese in at the end to cap off the greatest season in Dolphins history! But my dad, and all of the old timers were like that is such BS. We still celebrated like fools when we won the Super Bowl. Don't kid yourselves, Griese and Morall were great but we won with defense. On a side note, working in South Miami years later, Don Shula had Morall following around his new young punk all over Miami! Earl Morall became Marino's babysitter through the early 80's! Here is to hoping Rosen is the new guy!

Your point is valid. There weren't a lot of teams beating the door down to get to him, but that is an oversimplification.

No playoff team, who thought they were "close" was going to give up a 2nd round pick.

No team that already had a young QB they believe in would be interested either.

Take those off the list of 32, and how many are really left?

Also two other teams that would have been in play....Giants and Redskins... went QB in the first round, so they aren’t trading.

I personally think Belichek was waiting to pounce and steal Rosen for a 3rd to groom to replace Brady....total speculation and a gut feeling, though we did hear rumors they had an interest.

I personally think Rosen is great fit for this offense, as obviously he would have been for the Patriots as a future replacement for Brady.

Obviously, like all college QB’s...Rosen still has to prove he is a winner at this level.

I saw plenty last year to make this trade a great value.

Last edited:
Revisionist history. I grew up in So Florida since 1966. My father, God rest his soul, made me the Dolphins fan that I am today. Earl Morall orchestrated most of that amazing season while Bob Griese was out injured. Shula brought Griese in at the end to cap off the greatest season in Dolphins history! But my dad, and all of the old timers were like that is such BS. We still celebrated like fools when we won the Super Bowl. Don't kid yourselves, Griese and Morall were great but we won with defense. On a side note, working in South Miami years later, Don Shula had Morall following around his new young punk all over Miami! Earl Morall became Marino's babysitter through the early 80's! Here is to hoping Rosen is the new guy!

I don’t see it quite like you... an I’m an old timer.

Griese sparked the Dolphins to comeback and win the AFC championship in Pittsburgh in the second half against a great Steeler team.

Griese was a league MVP and won 2 out of the 3 Superbowls he started.

Morrall was an excellent backup, but tended to fail in big games.... like his Super Bowl 3 disaster for Shula losing to the upstart Jets in a game they were heavily favored in.

If Unitas has been healthy for that game it may have ended differently.

Also two other teams that would have been in play....Giants and Redskins... went QB in the first round, so they aren’t trading.

I personally think Belichek was waiting to pounce and steal Rosen for a 3rd to groom to replace Brady....total speculation and a gut feeling, though we did hear rumors they had an interest.

I personally think Rosen is great fit for this offense, as obviously he would have been for the Patriots as a future replacement for Brady.

Obviously, like all college QB’s...Rosen still has to prove he is a winner at this level.

I saw plenty last year to make this trade a great value.

I've also been contending that all along starting before the draft.

... and objectively speaking, playing second fiddle to the GOAT QB with McDaniels and Belichick coaching would have been the best possible outcome for Josh himself.

Decent first start. You can tell he regressed throughout the season. If he can get back to that and then start improving Miami will have something.

Decent first start. You can tell he regressed throughout the season. If he can get back to that and then start improving Miami will have something.

Right.., but why did he regress after the Seattle and niner game?

I contend the decimation of the O-line( no exaggeration)....and instability in coaches

Right.., but why did he regress after the Seattle and niner game?

I contend the decimation of the O-line( no exaggeration)....and instability in coaches

I thought he played well in the SF game where he had a comeback. Week 8 I think

Back
Top Bottom