Film Room: Week 3 vs Browns | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film Room: Week 3 vs Browns

I don't see how things get much better on defense this year. They just don't have the players, maybe they can force some turnovers or get lucky with some creative blitz packages but its not good.

The so called strength of the team DL isin't that great either outside of Suh. We might as well pay Jones and re do his contract before we get into the 'hope he stays' mode and desperation because we dont have many other keepers on D.

I may be to optimistic, but I'd like to see the D's performance with the elimination of "freelancing" and missed assignments. Not going to argue it would be a top 10 D - there is some poor talent - but those mistakes have been in close losses and MAY have made a difference. Umm, except for J Jones. He should be a tour guide for the stadium. "this way, this way!"

2:10 in the video
2-11-CLE 39 (12:16) 6-C.Kessler pass short right to 82-G.Barnidge to MIA 38 for 23 yards (20-R.Jones).

watch SLB #56 on this play. i'll say this...he definitely fits right in with what we do here.

yep...he's lost

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

i don't think jakeem grant has a single snap on offense. if you're gonna call a fake bubble in the first place, at least run him out there for that. the SS gave away the 3 deep zone pre-snap. i would like to have seen us check out of the play. still, with all that said, we had a guy downfield 1v1 with jamar taylor and didn't throw it.

looked to me like the db maintained depth the entire way thus tanny comes off it...I don't have a problem with that

looked to me like the db maintained depth the entire way thus tanny comes off it...I don't have a problem with that

i don't either...it's the whole jamar taylor thing. i'd be tempted to throw every pass at that guy.

I may be to optimistic, but I'd like to see the D's performance with the elimination of "freelancing" and missed assignments. Not going to argue it would be a top 10 D - there is some poor talent - but those mistakes have been in close losses and MAY have made a difference. Umm, except for J Jones. He should be a tour guide for the stadium. "this way, this way!"

I think we have a middle of the league defense who is on the field too much and making too many mistakes so they are ranked much lower. 28th in yards and 15th in points. Get that rushing defense (31st in yards) a little better and we should move up a bit in the important stats....points allowed.

I think we have a middle of the league defense who is on the field too much and making too many mistakes so they are ranked much lower. 28th in yards and 15th in points. Get that rushing defense (31st in yards) a little better and we should move up a bit in the important stats....points allowed.

middle of the league would be great...I think its lower than that cause if teams cant run it they gonna pick on our corners and only one guy on the edge brings consistent pass rush and his snaps are limited and if he doesn't get there in that 15 foot box he doesn't close in space due to injury

So bad? I don't recall them "desperately" looking for a LB at all. maybe shopping around for one but I didn't get the impression they were trying hard to find one. Did I miss something?

Because Tannenbaum the clueless weasel is too busy leveraging the future to upgrade a part of the roster (WR) that was IMO was not a priority.

Andy Dalton.

Quite literally, Andy Dalton. That's our chance, right there. Andy Dalton goes out there and goes all... ANDY DALTON!!

I was thinking the same thing.

I don't see how things get much better on defense this year. They just don't have the players, maybe they can force some turnovers or get lucky with some creative blitz packages but its not good.

The so called strength of the team DL isin't that great either outside of Suh. We might as well pay Jones and re do his contract before we get into the 'hope he stays' mode and desperation because we dont have many other keepers on D.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

For all the people who were so high on Grant and his impact on offense. Nothing so far.

To satisfy my curiosity, just once in 1H, line Grant up on one side by himself, and see how the D reacts.

Back
Top Bottom