Film Room: Week 3 vs Browns | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film Room: Week 3 vs Browns

did you see the VJ quote?

Joseph made clear that Jenkins is the starter if healthy: “Jelani has played well all summer, played well all fall so far. I am pleased with Jelani. Obviously, he’s got to stay healthy. That’s been an issue over the years.”

e26746ffc6fadb0b91fdc3887d6b94a4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching the overtime defensive series a few times, I'm going to go ahead and say it: I think Neville Hewitt needs to be starting for Jelani Jenkins.

I didn't need to see it to know that jenkins shouldn't be starting. He's nothing more than a back up who got hyped up on this board due to the fact he wasn't a high pick but was starting so everyone thought we got a steal. He doesn't make any plays even when healthy and like I said on another thread, if our DC thinks jenkins is fine then I don't know what to think of our DC

Ozzy rules!!

Ahh james gets beat on that pick 6 because hes early post snap playing it like a pass off protection. At least it wasnt a lack of athleticism thing that had him give up the corner and the outside shoulder

That first trips play at 137 is designed to fake the wr screen and throw the vertical but neither the corner bottom side or the deep safety take the bait...i like that play design they just took it away by maintaining depth at safety and corner

Qb has nowhere to go with it...thats a 2 progression call

Nice play adam gase...next i wanna see read option fake the bubble in double stacks throw the vertical like he used in denver

Hewitt deserves a shot at the job. If Hewitt makes some plays Thursday Jenkins will have plenty of time to rest.

Ahhh dvp with a poor route at 331... I was wondering why tanny kept pointing outside after he threw it...dvp is suppose to sit down in front of that db on a stop route instead he hooks it inside and the throws outside errant. Tanny wants it to be a db must go thru dvp box out stop route

Seeing these all 22s theres nothing wrong with the qbs play that final 4 minutes. We have protection break downs we have route break downs and when we tried to bait the browns they didnt take it

Until ot when they took the bait big

These front side lb views are fantastic...misdirection bait anyone?

Jelani is just not the horizontal close athlete this d requires...if he was full health i think wed be fine but hes just not even close and its hurting us bad

I have no doubts though that he should start if he ever gets back to full health

Doesnt matter what leverage maxwell plays he still ends up giving it away post snap. My god is that guy a train wreck

Thank goodness for tackling down hill runners one on one in space safeties

Ahh james gets beat on that pick 6 because hes early post snap playing it like a pass off protection. At least it wasnt a lack of athleticism thing that had him give up the corner and the outside shoulder

James' mistakes were glaring but they were few and played a good game outside of that. Had the only pancake I saw all game.

James' mistakes were glaring but they were few and played a good game outside of that. Had the only pancake I saw all game.

Yeah i thought he was better in the run game than pass pro...first time i could ever say that

What I see is KiKi alonso getting Manhandled and playing his responsibilites, TE just goes pass him and he doesn't even check him or re-route him

Maybe it's Donald Butler time

2:10 in the video
2-11-CLE 39 (12:16) 6-C.Kessler pass short right to 82-G.Barnidge to MIA 38 for 23 yards (20-R.Jones).

watch SLB #56 on this play. i'll say this...he definitely fits right in with what we do here.

That first trips play at 137 is designed to fake the wr screen and throw the vertical but neither the corner bottom side or the deep safety take the bait...i like that play design they just took it away by maintaining depth at safety and corner

Qb has nowhere to go with it...thats a 2 progression call

Nice play adam gase...next i wanna see read option fake the bubble in double stacks throw the vertical like he used in denver

i don't think jakeem grant has a single snap on offense. if you're gonna call a fake bubble in the first place, at least run him out there for that. the SS gave away the 3 deep zone pre-snap. i would like to have seen us check out of the play. still, with all that said, we had a guy downfield 1v1 with jamar taylor and didn't throw it.

I don't see how things get much better on defense this year. They just don't have the players, maybe they can force some turnovers or get lucky with some creative blitz packages but its not good.

The so called strength of the team DL isin't that great either outside of Suh. We might as well pay Jones and re do his contract before we get into the 'hope he stays' mode and desperation because we dont have many other keepers on D.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

i don't think jakeem grant has a single snap on offense. if you're gonna call a fake bubble in the first place, at least run him out there for that. the SS gave away the 3 deep zone pre-snap. i would like to have seen us check out of the play. still, with all that said, we had a guy downfield 1v1 with jamar taylor and didn't throw it.

For all the people who were so high on Grant and his impact on offense. Nothing so far.

Back
Top Bottom