Final Injury Report - Mostert out | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Injury Report - Mostert out

I'm not sure actual injuries but I've heard it discussed that living in Florida you're kind of in a natural state of dehydration from the constant heat and humidity. That doesn’t mean when it's 100 degrees in September an up north team won't be run through compared to us, but there is still a level of fatigue and stress on the body that can complicate things over time.

Less scientifically I hear the constant heat and humidity also affects Florida brains which is why there are so many crazies.
I know it gets hot up north too but down here that head last way longer. I know that going to Disney sucks unless is in the winter/spring cause the heat and humidity makes you so tired and weak.

I was hoping Mostert could play. He's one of those players who showed that "extra gear" in the playoffs. Those are the types you want on the field. But, the theme of the year for Miami has been "next up." Ahmed is next up and hopefully he has a great game for the Dolphins. On a positive note, he's playing on fresh legs.

I think Armstead goes, but we'll see.
He flashed in basically his only meaningful reps of the season against Buf.

We need a magical performance from somone.

I know it gets hot up north too but down here that head last way longer. I know that going to Disney sucks unless is in the winter/spring cause the heat and humidity makes you so tired and weak.
I like to take hiking and outdoor vacations to get out of Florida in the summer, and while many places in the US can have quite hot summer days, Florida is hot and unbearable first thing in the morning, while other places have a lot of temperature variance even during summer.

He flashed in basically his only meaningful reps of the season against Buf.

We need a magical performance from somone.
I keep thinking this team hasn't had it's best game yet. That first half against Houston maybe. And maybe it doesn't happen.

But maybe this is it. Biggest underdog of the week, the season on the line, being drastically underrated. Maybe just maybe the entire team comes through with a performance for the ages.

I always felt that the heat and humidity during training camp has made this team tailed off during the last month of the season.......practicing in that heat and humidity can wear you out but I'm starting to wonder if it could possibly have something to do with the injuries as well. Always felt easier to get hurt when you're tired and the heat down here can get anybody tired
Almost every Dolphin team pre 1997 would laugh at this. We have just been that bad for that long. It's not the weather.

He’s a p*ssy, it’s a f*cking thumb!!!
Last I saw he has 2 hands, here’s a thought…..carry the ball in the other hand!!
I bet that thumb is ok when he signs a check at the bank!
Ronnie Lott and Shaq Griffin should call this little bitch and laugh at him!

I tend to agree. Besides, practices today are no where as physical as they used to be, and half the time they are inside, in an AC environment.
Maybe that's the problem, not physical enough. After the NFL mandated no tua days (see what I did there?) plus we practice in airconditioned facilities now, I think we've grown soft over the years. The entire league has. Wasn't like this back in the 70's & 80's. It's now protecting your investments (no longer viewed as players but dollars), back then it was, toughen up, grind it out, and play football...

The difference is back then they played for the love of the game, and now they play for the love of the money. Big difference in how things are approached.

He’s a p*ssy, it’s a f*cking thumb!!!
Last I saw he has 2 hands, here’s a thought…..carry the ball in the other hand!!
I bet that thumb is ok when he signs a check at the bank!
Ronnie Lott and Shaq Griffin should call this little bitch and laugh at him!

I’m sure he could play with a broken thumb but there’s no way he’d be a reliable pass catcher. Every time he’d be in the game would signify a run play and if we did pass with him on the field we would basically be playing 10 on 11.

The difference is back then they played for the love of the game, and now they play for the love of the money. Big difference in how things are approached.
Money has always been important, just back in the day players had little leverage. A bunch of the 70s Dolphins left for another league....

I know all injuries are not the same, but I do recall Both K’Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben playing through a broken thumb. And they’re QB’s (for anyone who didn’t know their position 😁)

Definitely disappointed that Mostert couldn’t gut it out for the team.

Back
Top Bottom