Final Score: Atlanta vs Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Score: Atlanta vs Miami

I really feel this will be our first loss. But I've got to give the home team the edge 27-23 Fins

Tannehill throws 2 TD's, Thomas rushes 1 and 2 Field Goals

27-16 fish. Gonzo with their only TD. Thigpen with a punt return TD. Tannehill goes 280 yards. 2 td 1 int

Miller has a solid game of 91 yards. 24 recieving
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

34-23 Miami...Atlanta scores a garbage TD at the end after Miami dominates. Tanny throws 3 TD and Miller runs one and catches one. Bam!

Offense scores 24 and Dolphins D get's a TD this week. Turnovers will be Miami +2

Final: Miami 31 Falcons 21

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a lean to the Falcons prior to their injuries. It simply makes more sense for both teams to be 2-1 than Miami 3-0 parallel to Atlanta at 1-2. Often I default to big picture simple ideas like that, rather than worrying about matchups. Matchups generally unfold as expected in college but in the pros the talent level is tight enough for them to be lessened if not occasionally reversed.

This game is tough for me to call because I can't stand the Falcons in this era. Most opponents I don't care about at all. But this Atlanta team strikes me as a whiny and often fortunate group. The coach has an agonized look on his face. I love it every time they are dismissed from the playoffs.

Miami figures to be quite energized to begin the game, particularly on defense. It's an interesting dynamic because Atlanta has been a dominant first half team of late. They've had a double digit first half lead in every meaningful game dating to late last season -- both playoff games and now the first two games of 2013. It's true the Saints led 13-10 at halftime but it was 10-0 Atlanta at one point. Last season Atlanta overpowered their first three opponents in the first half. I'm a first half bettor so I keep track of things like this. Atlanta seems to get the jump on teams early, unless they simply don't match up well against them, like the Panthers. It's possible the Dolphins are in the same category as the Panthers.

As much as I despise these Falcons, I'd still give them a weak nod by a field goal.

Dolphins 38 Falcons 23. Dolphins' Defense pressures and frustrates Matt Ryan all day while the Dolphins running game gets rolling. Miller , Tannehill and Wallace all have huge days.

21-31 Miami>Atlanta. RT 29/41 385yds 3TD 0 int. LM 13CAR 96yds 1TD. Sturgis FG 1/1 47yds

Back
Top Bottom