Final Score: Atlanta vs Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Score: Atlanta vs Miami

I had a lean to the Falcons prior to their injuries. It simply makes more sense for both teams to be 2-1 than Miami 3-0 parallel to Atlanta at 1-2. Often I default to big picture simple ideas like that, rather than worrying about matchups. Matchups generally unfold as expected in college but in the pros the talent level is tight enough for them to be lessened if not occasionally reversed.

This game is tough for me to call because I can't stand the Falcons in this era. Most opponents I don't care about at all. But this Atlanta team strikes me as a whiny and often fortunate group. The coach has an agonized look on his face. I love it every time they are dismissed from the playoffs.

Miami figures to be quite energized to begin the game, particularly on defense. It's an interesting dynamic because Atlanta has been a dominant first half team of late. They've had a double digit first half lead in every meaningful game dating to late last season -- both playoff games and now the first two games of 2013. It's true the Saints led 13-10 at halftime but it was 10-0 Atlanta at one point. Last season Atlanta overpowered their first three opponents in the first half. I'm a first half bettor so I keep track of things like this. Atlanta seems to get the jump on teams early, unless they simply don't match up well against them, like the Panthers. It's possible the Dolphins are in the same category as the Panthers.

As much as I despise these Falcons, I'd still give them a weak nod by a field goal.

IMO the key i think , to Miami winning is going to be Brent Grimes on Jones if Grimes can contain Jones i think we have a very good shot at beating the Falcons , and i think Grimes can contain Jones just enough for miami to pull out a W , Miami 28 Atlanta 24

I think you guys are trying to play your scores too realistically. This week has blowout for either team written all over it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

27-24....Huge win for the Phins and excitement continues to grow around this team!

An amped up stadium brings out an amped up team effort. Miami wins 35-24. And that's with a garbage time TD by Atl.

Fins move the ball fairly easy but Daniel Thomas can't seem to hold on to the ball in the heat and humidity and goes back to fumbling, losing two. Tannehill throws two TDs and a pick 6 and the fins continue to struggle at home. Fins are driving for tying score early in 4th 20-27, before the pick 6 and Thomas's 2nd fumble blows the game open. Falcons 41-20 :boohoo:

going to be a tough game. 27-24 dolphins. reshad makes a clutch int at the end to give us a chance at a game winning fg.

Miami - 35 Atl - 0

Matty Ice takes six sacks before halftime and gets pulled to save his life.

I dont see how Matty Ice stays upright in this game.

Lamar Holmes was rated one of the worst RT in this league and now he is moving to left side. Which leaves Trublood vs. Wake. The running game is not relied on heavily and their best RB is out. Not to mention the only FB on roster is out meaning the chance the offense becomes one dimensional early is great. This is a second half team that makes adjustments. Short yardage game is limited. Dont tell me Julio is getting 200+ yds receiving on our turf. aint happenin.

Miami 27
Atlanta 17

24-23 Miami.

I think we are a slightly better team factoring in home field and injuries.

This is the type of game the Miami Dolphins have lost for the last 13 years. Very excited about this game. This is the one I want to see this team win to start putting the past decade and a half of mediocrity behind it.

Back
Top Bottom