Finally an OT for a visit, Cameron Fleming. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally an OT for a visit, Cameron Fleming.

This is a total fan spitball take:

Wonder if Miami always had original interest at start of FA but agent/player balked at potential pay range and a stare-down ensued; Miami didn’t blink.

One week out from the Draft, absent other calls from interested teams with an agreeable price point, player/agent reads the tea leaves that a OT could fall to Miami and agree to visit.

Last edited:
Yeah good pff over the years. Get him we made not need to reach in draft
The 4 teams he has already played for obviously weren’t that impressed with his PFF rankings. Because none of them thought he was good enough to sign him to a long term contract and they all looked to replace him after a couple of years.

Maybe he could be a decent backup on the OL but I don’t see him coming in and becoming a starter for the Dolphins.

The 4 teams he has already played for obviously weren’t that impressed with his PFF rankings. Because none of them thought he was good enough to sign him to a long term contract and they all looked to replace him after a couple of years.

Maybe he could be a decent backup on the OL but I don’t see him coming in and becoming a starter for the Dolphins.
Oka mate thanks for insight another Dan feeney then vet back up who can start the odd game

Everyone is worried about AJ at RT(and rightly so)but we have to remember that this team will need a legit backup at LF for when Armstead takes his in season "breaks".

I expect the team to sign more than one vet OL once the Byron Jones money is available.

Just one year deals for insurance/competition like what they did with the edge/LB guys last year.

I see nothing in his history that says Liam Eichenberg or Austin Jackson would be locks to start over him. And in the case of Eichenberg, I see nothing that says Fleming isn't a better option.

If signed, he almost guarantees than you will get replacement level to average play at either OT position. Ideally you want AJ to beat him out because that would require average to average play. Using PFF as a guide, CF was ranked the 29th "best" OT whereas Shell was down at 48th last year, PPF considered him the 9th ranked free agent OT just behind Eluemunor who we let walk to the Raiders for peanuts (he just signed a 3 per year deal to be an average starter and I still cant believe we cut him in favour of Jesse Davies).

Meh. There really are no great options. Fleming is probably the best available, assuming we don’t want to roll the dice on Taylor Lewan’s ability to stay healthy or Isaiah Wynn’s ability to shut up.

Back
Top Bottom