Finally an OT for a visit, Cameron Fleming. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally an OT for a visit, Cameron Fleming.

No brainer signing like a month ago. Capable player at both tackle spots — we need not just starting caliber competition at RT, but capable swing tackle depth as well. You expect Armstead to miss a handful of games, give or take.

If we sign him it may also point more towards TE at 51, which would make me smile from ear to ear as long as that’s not Musgrave or Schoonmaker.
I agree. If we sign Cam Fleming it really points to a TE at 51. Only exception I could see is if there is a first round guy with a surprise drop and available at 51.

If signed, he almost guarantees than you will get replacement level to average play at either OT position. Ideally you want AJ to beat him out because that would require average to average play. Using PFF as a guide, CF was ranked the 29th "best" OT whereas Shell was down at 48th last year, PPF considered him the 9th ranked free agent OT just behind Eluemunor who we let walk to the Raiders for peanuts (he just signed a 3 per year deal to be an average starter and I still cant believe we cut him in favour of Jesse Davies).
The FO sure liked Jesse Davis more than seemed reasonable. I worry that is their view of AJ.

Everyone is worried about AJ at RT(and rightly so)but we have to remember that this team will need a legit backup at LF for when Armstead takes his in season "breaks".

I expect the team to sign more than one vet OL once the Byron Jones money is available.

Just one year deals for insurance/competition like what they did with the edge/LB guys last year.

I'm not worried but then I'm not everyone

Fleming played last year for veteran minimum of $1.12MM. He was thrust into Denver’s starting role due to injuries, and he played relatively well.

He’s not found a long-term commitment from teams interested in his services. His 2nd contract was his best: 2-years, total $7.5MM.

Last edited:
I see nothing in his history that says Liam Eichenberg or Austin Jackson would be locks to start over him. And in the case of Eichenberg, I see nothing that says Fleming isn't a better option.
Both Jackson and Eichenberg were the starters last year until they were injured. The fact they were starters on the OL last year and Fleming is a free agent who seems to have little interest from teams around the league, seems to imply that the Dolphins are only looking at him as a cheap backup and nothing more.

ChadRico! Where art thou? We're lookin at the Oline! He looks pretty decent too.

Could be any of the above.

Probably not a smoke screen thing. I doubt other teams read much into an unemployed journeyman coming in for a sit down.

His agent probably called every team looking to get the guy interviews.

Those other teams don't spy on FinHeaven?
Blasphemy! - LOL

Back
Top Bottom