Finally an OT for a visit, Cameron Fleming. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally an OT for a visit, Cameron Fleming.

The 4 teams he has already played for obviously weren’t that impressed with his PFF rankings. Because none of them thought he was good enough to sign him to a long term contract and they all looked to replace him after a couple of years.

Maybe he could be a decent backup on the OL but I don’t see him coming in and becoming a starter for the Dolphins.

Maybe they had better players for less money.

Maybe they had better players for less money.
Perhaps but since there is a shortage of good offensive linemen throughout the league. You would think that at least one of those 4 teams would have resigned him if he was a solid starting caliber player.

I have no problem with them signing him on a cheap contract but I just don’t see him as an offensive lineman who would come in and be anymore than a backup. They need backups on the offensive line and he is probably better than some of the other backups they have now.

Reading about what's been written about about him he doesn't seem like a bad signing if we can get it done. I want Jackson to succeed but he ain't showed it yet and having player like Flemming to push him might be what he needs also.

This would be the ideal pickup. Not only a potential starter at RT he can also play LT if (when) Armstead is out. If their faith in AJ somehow pays off then Fleming would still be a valuable addition to the roster. A true swing tackle.

Shell was half decent at RT last year but was horrendous on the opposite side. Expects that's the main reason they haven't rushed into bringing him back.

Both Jackson and Eichenberg were the starters last year until they were injured. The fact they were starters on the OL last year and Fleming is a free agent who seems to have little interest from teams around the league, seems to imply that the Dolphins are only looking at him as a cheap backup and nothing more.
Regardless of what they are looking for, Eichenberg missed 7 games last year and Jackson missed 15 last year and 4 his rookie year. Need a backup who can step in.

Everyone is worried about AJ at RT(and rightly so)but we have to remember that this team will need a legit backup at LF for when Armstead takes his in season "breaks".

I expect the team to sign more than one vet OL once the Byron Jones money is available.
Go
Just one year deals for insurance/competition like what they did with the edge/LB guys last year.
I hope you don’t think playing with a torn pec is an “in season” break.

I hope they sign him. The team really needs some veteran depth at OT. I would kick the tires on DJ Fluker as well.

Back
Top Bottom