Finally - Dolphins Stand Up For Their Franchise QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally - Dolphins Stand Up For Their Franchise QB

Someone who can read and think.

Very refreshing - LOL

I'm reading and thinking, I just believe it's a horrible idea to force a QB on a qualified HC candidate you really like otherwise.

I'm all for one more year of Tua based on the alternatives, but I don't want it to be a deal breaker for the best HC we can get.

That would still be a lie.

If a coach doesn't want to work with Tua year one you're eliminating him as a candidate?

That is not letting your coach decide on the QB position. It's forcing a QB on them year one.
No it's not.

The key is finding a coach that wants to work with Tua.

Question- how do you feel about our current offensive roster?

Coach A- I believe with better QB play, this offense could be special.

Coach B- the offense has alot of great young talent. It also has a QB I believe if he continues to progress could be elite.

Boom. Hire coach B.

YOU never asked about Tua. You never forced Tua on anyone.

You simply are hiring the coach who is looking forward to working with Tua, not the coach who is expressing concern or doubts in the QB play.

It's simple really.

Like I've said, I have no issue rolling with Tua one more year if the new HC wants it.

I'm just worried a top candidate will say "I've watched the film, Id like to move on at QB year one" and we miss out on that guy due to being stubborn.
If Daboll is offered the job and turns it down then we should be concerned.

Tua is basically an accountability free first season for a HC... Its actually a good thing on top of the fact the Fins have 2x 1st rounders the following year.
Short of an Adam Gase/Darnold situation I would say you are right.

This goes entirely against what Ross said, that he will let the next HC decide on the QB position.

Someone is lying.

I’d venture to say Ross was just using media speak and his trust lies with Grier who believes in Tua and they will hire a coach that does as well.

Tua a "franchise QB"? What a joke that is. Watson is light years ahead of Tua and if these twitter posts are true, it isnt surprising as its the Dolphin way. Stick with the average QB with hopes he turns into something special. Say what you want about Flores, but he was a former football player and the coach of the team. There is a reason he didnt want Tua and craved Watson. He sees it everyday on and off the field. We are fans, watching from teh stands, reading articles and twitter posts and want to take every reporters opinions and make the ones we like our own. I trust that the coach of the team would know more than anyone what he has at QB.

As a die hard fan of the Miami Dolphins, I sincerely hope I am wrong, but Tua is no franchise QB. Serviceable, yes, but no way is he a Franchise QB, unless you have elite talent at every other postion and a proven vet coaching staff.

Do we all really trust Ross and Grier to provide that for Tua to be successful as our QB?

Because he has worked with Tua when Tua was the Tua we thought he was going to be in the NFL...

He's worked with Josh Allen and transformed him from a QB I was glad the Bills drafted into a QB I dread facing on gameday.

If he says no to working with Tua, and that's how I'm taking it as him rejecting Tua and not the team, then there may be reason to think that Tua will be good enough to get us to the wildcard game and done for the next 10 years...and we'll grow to love it for some odd reason.

Because he has worked with Tua when Tua was the Tua we thought he was going to be in the NFL...

He's worked with Josh Allen and transformed him from a QB I was glad the Bills drafted into a QB I dread facing on gameday.

If he says no to working with Tua, and that's how I'm taking it as him rejecting Tua and not the team, then there may be reason to think that Tua will be good enough to get us to the wildcard game and done for the next 10 years...and we'll grow to love it for some odd reason.

See, this doesn't make sense.

If Daboll would reject the offer because of Tua..... He never would have accepted the opportunity to interview for the job.

It's A bad assumption to make that he would be rejecting the job because of Tua

See, this doesn't make sense.

If Daboll would reject the offer because of Tua..... He never would have accepted the opportunity to interview for the job.

It's A bad assumption to make that he would be rejecting the job because of Tua
An interview is just that...an interview. An interview means nothing but an opportunity to go over rules and concerns.

We don't know if Daboll went in there and told then that he would only take the job if Tua was gone or second string. Like I said, if Daboll goes in there and walks out NOT a HC then there is a fly in the milk that many aren't seeing.

I'm reading and thinking, I just believe it's a horrible idea to force a QB on a qualified HC candidate you really like otherwise.

I'm all for one more year of Tua based on the alternatives, but I don't want it to be a deal breaker for the best HC we can get.
Nor do I have faith Ross can recognize what that HC looks like…so there’s that.

Back
Top Bottom