Finally, the true Dolphins' draft.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally, the true Dolphins' draft....

Originally posted by inFINSible
I was afraid of that...I didn't have the value chart so I wasn't sure....

But, I played hard ball with Denver, told them that I saw NE had already written Kevin Jones' name on their card, so they had to meet my price.......:evil:
Good strategy..... I like it:D

Re: Re: Finally, the true Dolphins' draft....

Originally posted by Danny

My moch is coming up soon and I'm doing the same thing for our first pick. I have us trading down and taking Smiley who's the best pure guard on this draft and is the one position where we can use the most help at this moment.Having said that, I don't like the other picks and I don't see us taking 2 o-linemen and I don't see why we'd take a DE either.I do see us taking a LB but not in the 3rd and not him anyway.I also see us taking a DT like you do but I like Askew better. Overall I can see you made some good points and is a good post and I totaly agree wit Smiley and respectfully disagree on the others.

Ozzy rules!!

NP....I expected to get blasted a lot more....:D

The DE pick was due in part to my fear that we are going to eventually lose O-Gun.

The taking two O-linemen issue, to me was more a matter of taking a chance at greatness, than anything else....Andrews could develop into a monster and I was really looking for a boom or bust type player with that pick....

If we do lose Ogun then I totaly agree on us taking a DE too. The reason for us taking only one o-line man is that if we do get Randall that'd already give us 9 guys that should make the team plus also Smiley but we could afterall take one in the late rounds for the practice squad.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by inFINSible
I was afraid of that...I didn't have the value chart so I wasn't sure....

But, I played hard ball with Denver, told them that I saw NE had already written Kevin Jones' name on their card, so they had to meet my price.......:evil:

Yah according to draft value chart you'd be looking at a low 3rd. High 3rd to a desperate team.

That was a cool read inFINS. I really enjoyed it....

I'll be honest, I'm not much into "mock drafts". Anything can happen on draft day, so I don't really see the point. Just not my thing I guess....

I don't like the thought of trading down either. It seems like everytime we've traded down in the past, we've missed out. Bad idea, but that's just me. I hate trading down...

I say take OT S. Andews if he's there at #20. If not, take the next best OG available. That's the highest priority need in round one IMO....

I also think LB / S / DT / DE are needs as well.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Good mock & good job, inFINS. I love the Smiley pick, & I agree that Boulware is going to be a stud. However, if a guy like Stu Schweigert is there, he'd be a better pick for us. My only dislike is obviously receiver, which you already said you looked into. In the 4th-round I'd go for a guy like Samie Parker, Bernard Berrian, or maybe even B.J. Johnson. Sloan Thomas would also be a good 6th-round choice.

Good job even though Denver won't give more than a 3rd-rounder to move up 4 spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Yah according to draft value chart you'd be looking at a low 3rd. High 3rd to a desperate team.
Yeah, but if I took a third I wouldn't get Boulware...;)

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
That was a cool read inFINS. I really enjoyed it....

I'll be honest, I'm not much into "mock drafts". Anything can happen on draft day, so I don't really see the point. Just not my thing I guess....

I don't like the thought of trading down either. It seems like everytime we've traded down in the past, we've missed out. Bad idea, but that's just me. I hate trading down...

I say take OT S. Andews if he's there at #20. If not, take the next best OG available. That's the highest priority need in round one IMO....

I also think LB / S / DT / DE are needs as well.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:
To be honest with you....I'm not much into predicting anything.....To me, it's all basically guessing. You end up looking follish more often that not.....But, I wanted to throw my hat in the ring and take a shot at looking like a genius....No guts, no glory!! :lol:

I hated to trade down too but....our pick in the first round SUCKS for value at the positions we need....I did it to pick up an extra pick(great value in the second and third rounds) and not draft a guard any higher than I had to.

I put a lot of thought into our current roster and where we are going to need help this year, next year, and down the road....LB/S/DT/DE, stood out as needs, with insufficient youth/back-ups waitng in the wings...

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Good mock & good job, inFINS. I love the Smiley pick, & I agree that Boulware is going to be a stud. However, if a guy like Stu Schweigert is there, he'd be a better pick for us. My only dislike is obviously receiver, which you already said you looked into. In the 4th-round I'd go for a guy like Samie Parker, Bernard Berrian, or maybe even B.J. Johnson. Sloan Thomas would also be a good 6th-round choice.

Good job even though Denver won't give more than a 3rd-rounder to move up 4 spots.
Thanks CO84...That means a lot coming from you...:lol:

seriously, thanks...:D

Bernard Berrian almost made it in there in place of Shobell....I even had his name written down before I changed my mind on him.....

Originally posted by feelthepain
I just don't see Denver giving up a 2nd rd pick just to move up four spots.
What can I say....They were real depsperate...:foundout:

The NFL called, they nixed my trade with Denver for a second rounder, gave me a third instead.....

So, I lose Boulware....:(

My new selection is.....

Jason Shivers....S....6'1'...202...4.53...ASU
Shivers has good height, adequate size, frame to get bigger. Solid size, tools, but is somewhat better vs. run than coverage. Takes shortest path to ball. Relentless in pursuit. Breaks down in open field, wraps up ballcarrier upon contact, can force fumbles. Nice range. Good angles to airborne balls. Gets to sideline quickly when he must cover deep half of field. Mean streak, intimidating over middle, explosiveness to separate receiver from ball. Makes plays if in position, big-play flair with ball in hands Can be overaggressive, occasionally bites on playaction. Must read keys more consistently. Lacks hips, top-end speed to compensate for mistakes. Lacks agility. Can't consistently stay with backs or receivers man to man. Trouble getting out of backpedal, doesn't explode out of cuts.

He is versatile and instinctive, and has adequate physical tools to develop into an NFL starter. He also has the makeup to become an outstanding special-teams player.

My take: That last bit says it all.....seems like a "safe" pick in the third. Good value and good potential= good pick.

Better????????:goof:

One wonders if we could get their first and second for our first and Leonard Henry? Though would that defeat them going for a RB with the 20th pick?

I think the most likely Denver trade scenario is that they give up both 2nds for the #20 pick. I would go for that all day.

The chart I know of suggests that fair value would be closest to both 2nds and the higher of their 6th rounders for #20, but I think that it would be hard to drive a harder bargain than the two second rounders due to the depth of this pool of players.

Back
Top Bottom