FinHeaven End of the Year Awards- Best Overall Poster | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven End of the Year Awards- Best Overall Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aswi is so underrated. I dont always agree with his take, but a lot of times his posts are solid. He has made several posts I have read on issues I didnt think deeply into before and I felt he made some great points in those that made me think a certain way as well. Also, he has even made me change my own opinions with points he has made in posts.

JCane....thanks for the solid nomination bro. But, to be fair I wasnt dead on about Beck from day 1. I was drinking the kool-aid for a few months after the selection was made. However, I wasnt afraid to change that and call him a bust once I realized it. It was much earlier than most, but not day 1.

If you want to give me credit for a solid call, how bout the Pennington one. I thought that one was my best personally. I broke down in great detail why he would be the perfect QB for us last season well before ever signed or was much discussed as being our QB. At that point, everyone blasted the thought. That was also when I was saying how much of a beast Matty Ice would be before he got drafted.

Go ahead and also mark down within another season or two, everyone will be on the Sparano is a moron bandwagon a long time after I declared him to be a complete moron when it comes to managing games. Like Kramer said....."I started this whole cafe late thing. Ive been drinkin cafe latte since the 80's and I havent looked back."

As much as I often find myself disagreeing with you WV, I still respect that you are a very knowledgeable poster and you are often correct. Although I still think (and hope) you are wrong on Sparano. So, I will nominate you for the Best Poster award as well.

My final nominations are as follows.

1. WV Dolphan
2. Vaark
3. DolfanDubbz

Yes, even though dubz and I argue all the time, he has great point and always brings a valid arguement to the table. Same goes for WV. If CK posted more, I would definately nominate him, but I never seem to come across his posts.

My vote would go like this..

1. Vaark ... Knows his sh** and brings a sense of humor to the board.
2. WV Dolphan ... The man is on top of everything.
3. Princess Flithy Sheets ... I couldn't stop laughing.

Aswi is so underrated. I dont always agree with his take, but a lot of times his posts are solid. He has made several posts I have read on issues I didnt think deeply into before and I felt he made some great points in those that made me think a certain way as well. Also, he has even made me change my own opinions with points he has made in posts.

JCane....thanks for the solid nomination bro. But, to be fair I wasnt dead on about Beck from day 1. I was drinking the kool-aid for a few months after the selection was made. However, I wasnt afraid to change that and call him a bust once I realized it. It was much earlier than most, but not day 1.

If you want to give me credit for a solid call, how bout the Pennington one. I thought that one was my best personally. I broke down in great detail why he would be the perfect QB for us last season well before ever signed or was much discussed as being our QB. At that point, everyone blasted the thought. That was also when I was saying how much of a beast Matty Ice would be before he got drafted.

Go ahead and also mark down within another season or two, everyone will be on the Sparano is a moron bandwagon a long time after I declared him to be a complete moron when it comes to managing games. Like Kramer said....."I started this whole cafe late thing. Ive been drinkin cafe latte since the 80's and I havent looked back."

I was all over the Pennington call as well. It was so obvious. The guys in Las Vegas couldn't increase the win total for the Dolphins quick enough once that deal went down. I believe the win total went from 6 to 8.5 after that deal. That's an INCREDIBLE jump.

And even I am still on the Sparano bandwagon I guess lol. I see a lot from him that I like and a few things that I question but I'm giving him a bit of a pass because we've been in complete rebuilding mode and we haven't really been able to attack downfield the way a team needs to be able to. We're a very handcuffed team right this moment.

1. CK
2. Greyboy
3. Robert Horry

All three know their stuff. Horry didn't get any votes because he doesn't post as often as everyone else, but the guy knows football!

I would have to go with RobertHorry, TedSlimmJr (dislike/disagree or not he posts well, especially in the draft forum) and maybe also hooshoops.

Alright, here's the deal:

I am asking the mods/admins to NOT consider me in determining who should be formally nominated in "Best Poster" category this year.

While very much appreciating the sentiments, kind words and support of anyone who's nominated me here in this category, realistically, using my own standards of how I would vote in this category of Best Poster, including insight, knowledge, new information, etc., compared to a number of others mentioned here, I'm realistically less worthy and would feel awful if my repeat nomination precluded someone else from being nominated, whom I myself, if a disinterested 3rd party might have even voted for since there are some great names being mentioned here.

That's not to say, I don't appreciate the shout-outs, am happy to do my part to keep things lively. By all means I would continue to appreciate and welcome any votes in other categories if anybody's so inclined where I feel more comfortable at least being nominated. So please don't forget me as far as any other nominated categories are concerned.

Mods/Admins: I'd welcome retaining the "best of 08 poster" as a permanent banner if possible, but really hope you eliminate me from consideration in this "best of 09 poster" category voting process. Thank you.

don't sell yourself short here vaark. you deserve to be in the running with everyone else who was mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom