Finheaven is the best site around. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven is the best site around.

fin-atic said:
Well let me be the first to welcome you to the sunny side of the street!

For my part I spent the past two years drenched in negativity. The whole Wanny/Fielder thing became a campaign that I could not escape from. Even when I would try to take the high road and be nice about it, I would get bombarded by supporters of that regime. So for seven months now I have been able to enjoy being a Fin fan again on this site. Who know where this team will go, but we are making all the right moves and it is exciting.

But I have observed the same things you have. With the growht of this site has come a lot of new people. I think they are use to behaving a certain way on other sites. But that's not what we are about here.

I really respect and applaud your position on this. It says a lot about the man you are.

Count me among the Megatron fans now.

Cheers.
Thanks buddy, but thanks again for spelling it out so well.

...good thread Megatron, this needed to be said and you did it well. I also like MikeO's comments on a separate "pay" site for interested posters. I too am guilty of conduct unbecoming and regret it. I jumped on a new Buffalo guy the other day for no good reason when I should have simply not responded. I welcome other team people, they keep me from being to big a homer...out loud anyway, but you would not have known that from my post. Most of the regular "enemy" posters are a pleasure to read and poke at. Some of them are my favorites and have the funniest sense of humor on the board. I think really we are our own worse enemy here, cheap shots and derisive comments amongst ourselves. I will try to improve my own attitude.
. .One thing that bugs the **** outa me is all the worthless "new threads".The constant thread creation by people with 20 posts is annoying. I vote for some sort of post minimum for your first thread, or at least a limit on how many you may create within a given amount of time. I like the dunce hat idea too, even knowing that I'll likely be wearing it someday.
. .The responses from our fans to the "help me decide" thread was embarressing. I am truley shocked at the mean spirited responses, I really am. We are presently the friggen laughing stock of the NFL, coming off a 4-12 season and yet we collectivly treated someone willing to come get dirty and be ridiculed with us like the were a Leper and unworthy. How sad. Before long we will be seeing tons of new fans... after we become winners again. Bandwagonners, fair weather fans, ya know what I say? I say good, I've never in my life seen to many Miami Dolphin Jerseys, stickers or flags. The more the merrier. I am comforted when surrounded by agua and orange. I don't even care if they lie about how "hardcore" they are. Quit hateing on each other. Wear the colors, fly the flag, sing the song. Go Fins !

I agree with the premium member thing. I think another problem is we have lost some quality posters. I lurked here for a long time, and so many of the quality guys are gone from the old days.

Dolphan39? I think the dude used to even be a mod here. Gone. Wharf, you hardly post anymore at all. Finheaven AJ only when he has stuff to announce. Dolphan87 just disappeared. Baz?

I know I am forgetting a ton more, but you get the point. It's those guys (and all the rest i just can't think of right now) who we have lost that makes this place seem more like a kiddie camp, and less like Dolphin camp.

I honestly don't have a solution. The premium member thing might work, but I sure hope the main boards don't become like the ESPN or old Herald forums.

RonnieExpress said:
I honestly don't have a solution. The premium member thing might work, but I sure hope the main boards don't become like the ESPN or old Herald forums.

good ol' RayRay

Well Wharfrat, Muck et al. Sounds like people are going to try harder to be good hosts on here. More football less foot in balls.

Back
Top Bottom