Finheaven is the best site around. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven is the best site around.

Gotta go PREMIUM.

Have a special section to where when people PAY $$$$ they get to go to the PREMIUM area of the message boards.

Then you let the FREE boards run wild, hence enticing people to sign up and pay for the PREMIUM area. If Bills/Jets/ Pats or whoever fans show up on the free boards, then so be it. But you KNOW FOR A FACT only the die-hard Fin-Fans will be in the PREMIUM area of the message board since it costs $$$$$ to get there.

Have people pay $30 a year. Give them access to the PREMIUM MESSAGE BOARD, throw them a t-shirt, a few other special bells and whistles and that's all it takes.

The whole PREMIUM thing could be put together in about 2 hours.It's really not that difficult.

Just my .2 cents what do I know.

Not to mention on the PREMIUM board you know since you are paying, that odds are they age range will be 18 and up. Since not many kids have credit cards or will be able to pay to become premium members.

Hence, stopping the "WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER" threads. ANd the..."I HOPE THE WEAR ORANGE JERSESY" threads and the mindless babble like that.

MikeO said:
Gotta go PREMIUM.

Have a special section to where when people PAY $$$$ they get to go to the PREMIUM area of the message boards.

Then you let the FREE boards run wild, hence enticing people to sign up and pay for the PREMIUM area. If Bills/Jets/ Pats or whoever fans show up on the free boards, then so be it. But you KNOW FOR A FACT only the die-hard Fin-Fans will be in the PREMIUM area of the message board since it costs $$$$$ to get there.

Have people pay $30 a year. Give them access to the PREMIUM MESSAGE BOARD, throw them a t-shirt, a few other special bells and whistles and that's all it takes.

The whole PREMIUM thing could be put together in about 2 hours.It's really not that difficult.

For someone who is going to be come a Premium member soon (I love this site and want to support its growth), melikes the idea. :yes: :clap:

MikeO said:
Gotta go PREMIUM.

Must be you know whats on alot of our minds, I am all for this idea..man now that would be great..Sign me up NOW..Lets do it.

the "press coverage episode" and most replies given to the girl that asked to be convinced to be a phin fan sums it up..sometimes people have not very kind behave around here even though it's natural of the human being having trouble with differences. I guess u gotta think twice before bashing something or someone..think, what does that add to the forum?
Anyway, there's much of classy behaving here..
I was kind of afraid to be part of this, thought some would think I don't really care for the phins..I'm glad that I'm treated just like any other fan (phin fan :D)

I say you make a detention forum. When someone acts up you move him/her there for a while (24-28 hrs to a week) Those ppl in detention can only view/post in that forum. This gives staff the opportunity to cite the TOS violation and for the member to apologize. It works.

I think the homer to non homer ratio has grown so exponentially on this board that anytime someone says something that 1 person hates, the rest of the homers or non homers see it the same way. Anytime something bad is brought up about anyone on the phins someone gets their panties in a bunch.

Quit being so damn sensitive. Some of the people in this thread saying that people are too aggressive in their posting are some of the biggest problems in this regard. Theyre the ones saying it should be less aggressive yet when someone tries the post theyre the ones who always have something to say.

In response to 1 poster earlier: There are other perspectives from teams that play us twice a year and for the most part theyre constructive. Just because its a dolphins message board, it doesnt mean that people who are fans of other teams do not have the right to an opinion which in many cases is backed up by fact from people like wagon, losman, nycjunc, and a few of the pats fans. I love the phins but i like the outside opinions even if they dont agree with the majority of the fans on this board. Real fans are willing to acknowledge that all their players are not perfect and that is not the case on this board; people do not acknowledge that. Instead some of the Phin fans on this board just ramble mindlessly about how great certain players are yet for some reason I see that our record last year indicates that they couldnt have been that good.

From what my own experience has been, people cannot handle criticism of the phins at all. You say something bad about a player and substantiate why he stinks or why he has a particular weakness or give reasons not to like someone and people cant respect your opinion. So of course someone will get defensive and aggressive. Its annoying when you give legit reasons and all someone can say is "well i still like so and so and hes great".

Every aggressive post ive ever made on this board has been when ive given an opinion on Aj Feeley and every aggressive post i have ever been on the receiving end of has been in defense of AJ. Maybe we should have no more AJ/Gus threads? It seems thats where a lot of the problems start!

WharfRat said:
I agree that it's a moderation issue, however, the way I see it is that the ratio between members and staff has become more and more lopsided. It's harder to monitor every member when we have more activity every day. :cool:

You know how to help solve that right? :wink:

Muck said:
I mentioned this very thing earlier this morning in a private conversation.

We need to be more adult and civil (even if you're not an adult). The rudeness and childish antics irritate the you know what outta me.

We are to treat each other in a respectable manner.

Yeah, that last thread about convincing someone to become a fan was horrible.

Bottom line is it;s okay to disagree. However you handle it with good communication and tact, and don't go out of your way to try to belittle anyone individual. It's up to us to continue to make Finheaven a great site for Dolphin fans to share there views. If we don't take out the negativity, as in shooting down our own fans in a bad way, this site will become just like all the rest. keep the peace, and enjoy each others views, because if we as Dolphin fans don't stick together, divided we will fall.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Bottom line is it;s okay to disagree. However you handle it with good communication and tact, and don't go out of your way to try to belittle anyone individual. It's up to us to continue to make Finheaven a great site for Dolphin fans to share there views. If we don't take out the negativity, as in shooting down our own fans in a bad way, this site will become just like all the rest. keep the peace, and enjoy each others views, because if we as Dolphin fans don't stick together, divided we will fall.

very true. I firmly believe this message board has so many members that it needs to be SPLIT up.

Have a premium area for Dolphins Talk where the die-hards (who need less moderation and would be paying $$$) can go and talk among themsleves. Then have the free Dolphins talk area where anyone under the sun can go.

It would save the MOD's a bunch of work. It would raise money for the site and cover operating expenses. It would work out best for the die-hards who keep this site up and running and those are the one's you want to keep happy.

MikeO said:
very true. I firmly believe this message board has so many members that it needs to be SPLIT up.

Have a premium area for Dolphins Talk where the die-hards (who need less moderation and would be paying $$$) can go and talk among themsleves. Then have the free Dolphins talk area where anyone under the sun can go.

It would save the MOD's a bunch of work. It would raise money for the site and cover operating expenses. It would work out best for the die-hards who keep this site up and running and those are the one's you want to keep happy.
:drinkers:

Back
Top Bottom