Finheaven Test Run: ESPN NFL (Mock) Draft Official Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven Test Run: ESPN NFL (Mock) Draft Official Thread

17. Bengals
BengalsTroy Williamson, WR, South Carolina
Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Defensive oriented head coach Marvin Lewis taking another offensive player? Hey, he's done it in each of the previous two first-round picks he made. Lewis doesn't like any of the defensive tackle prospects enough to grab here and, in this scenario, Thomas Davis, the guy he really wanted, is gone.

18. Vikings
Vikings Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: The Vikings fell into a good one here. They can put James on the right side and rush Kenechi Udeze from the left. James could end up being the sixth new starter on the Vikings defense, the most improved in football. With Udeze, James, Pat Williams and Kevin Williams, the Vikings would have the makings of one of the NFL's best defensive lines.

19. Rams
Rams Jammal Brown, OT, Oklahoma
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: The Rams were hoping for Davis to fall. Sure, Mike Martz hates taking offensive linemen in the first round, but Brown can take over at right tackle. Kyle Turley will be released in June. This is a need pick

byroan said:
I've seen him play and I stand by my statement that I will jump off a cliff if we actually draft Rodgers.

i too have seen him play & will jump of the cliff with you. he isnt worthy of the #2 overall pick. Can't believe they have us passing up on Edwards or Brown. :confused:

20. Cowboys
Cowboys Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: The Cowboys could be trading out of this pick, but they can get a dependable wide receiver who was the MVP in the Senior Bowl and an extremely productive player in college.

21. Jaguars
Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: This is a need selection, so the Jaguars could go a number of different ways at cornerback. Jackson heads the list of corners after the top three guys (who went in our top 10) and he is the pick here.

21. Jaguars
Jaguars Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: This is a need selection, so the Jaguars could go a number of different ways at cornerback. Jackson heads the list of corners after the top three guys (who went in our top 10) and he is the pick here.

22. Ravens
RavensRoddy White, WR, UAB
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Clayton would have been the preferred selection here. They also would have taken Jammal Brown. White is the sleeper from UAB who has opened eyes with his speed and athleticism.

Took them long enough:

23. Seahawks
Seahawks David Pollack, DE, Georgia
Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Replacing departed pass-rusher Chike Okeafor with former Rams end Bryce Fisher was only a partial answer to where the Seahawks are going to generate an upfield threat. Pollack has some physical shortcomings, but he's got a huge motor and is a relentless, every-down defender. Plus, he might be able to play linebacker in some situations.

24. Packers
Packers Travis Johnson, DT, Florida St.
Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: The Packers could fill a need with a linebacker here, but the defensive line is both threadbare and disappointing. There is some talk of moving underacheving tackle Cleditus Hunt to end and, while one could argue the wisdom of that, Johnson would provide such potential. Plus he'd give the Packers some much-needed inside toughness.

Back
Top Bottom