Finheaven Test Run: ESPN NFL (Mock) Draft Official Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven Test Run: ESPN NFL (Mock) Draft Official Thread

Oboy said:
No way. I think this is probably the LAST thing we will do. If we are forced to stay at #2, we take either Brown, Benson or Edwards.

Edit: If Smith is taken 1...

Not really... Drafting a RB #2 is overdrafting. Do you think he's an idiot?

Too bad we couldnt trade down.We could have drafted Rodgers lower.

Cobra said:
Oh but Rodgers has already PROVEN he can lead the team?!?! No way.

Who said that? Feeley should have every chance to succeed. He's due 5 million dollars next year and we're not paying him that regardless (unless he has a 30+ TD season). We have a 20 year old learning behind him.

Hostile7 said:
Why not? We need a QB. Whether or not AJ can succeed is suspect. Good pick.

Drafting a RB at #2 is OVER DRAFTING. Since we couldn't trade down it was the logical move.

IMO RB is the biggest need, but in that position I'd go with Edwards hands down.

I quit i'm never watching the dolphins again after that lame pick

Hostile7 said:
Not really... Drafting a RB #2 is overdrafting. Do you think he's an idiot?

yeah i guess taking BPA is an idiot... if its all about contracts i guess niners should settle for rodgers too right? makes sense with your thinking

arsenal said:
yeah i guess taking BPA is an idiot... if its all about contracts i guess niners should settle for rodgers too right? makes sense with your thinking

No, Edwards followed Rogers are the BPA. Since the QB is the most important position, he was selected. Get serious...

A RB is not the BPA, period. Taking one is overdrafting. That position is the easiest transition in the NFL.

3. Browns
BrownsBraylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: The Browns would have been in a tough spot if Edwards went to Miami because they're not having any luck trading down to a spot where they could take a defender. Edwards is one of highest rated players in the draft and he's the choice here. In the second round, the Browns may look to take quarterback Charlie Frye of Akron.

4. Bears
BearsCedric Benson, RB, Texas
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: The conventional thought is the Bears will take wide receiver Mike Williams to pair alongside offseason acquisition Muhsin Muhammad. But general manager Jerry Angelo believes in making a safe pick. What can be safer than a back who gained over 1,000 yards in four straight season at Texas?

I don't remember having ever seen anyone advocate for Rodgers as our top pick. There's gonna be some really ticked off people on these boards if that happens. :) IMO, ESPN is making these predictions without having an idea of what Saban is gonna do. My prediction is Edwards if we don't trade down. He will add the most "value" to the Phins at that spot, IMO.

Hostile7 said:
Who said that? Feeley should have every chance to succeed. He's due 5 million dollars next year and we're not paying him that regardless (unless he has a 30+ TD season). We have a 20 year old learning behind him.

Well by you stating that we are drafting Rodgers because Feeley is unproven that must mean that Rodgers is proven. Feeley showed alot of promise last year, just look at the Pats game. Feeley can lead the team. But in case of injury or something we have a solid backup in Frerotte that already knows the system.

Now Brown is alot better than Gordon\Morris\Minor\ect on the roster. And a QB's best friend is a good running game.

Hostile7 said:
No, Edwards followed Rogers are the BPA. Since the QB is the most important position, he was selected. Get serious...

A RB is not the BPA, period. Taking one is overdrafting. That position is the easiest transition in the NFL.

haha im sure brown is ahead of rodgers on most boards... many consider brown the best player in the whole draft, you just have a hard on for not selecting a RB because of the contract he would have to get... but some people think it should be whoever is the best player for the team... not whos most cap friendly

Back
Top Bottom