Fins are nailing FA | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins are nailing FA

We don't have anymore cap to sign anyone big unless we cut a starter or multiple starters.
I don't agree. There is money available. They just aren't spending it until the Watson situation gets figured out.

Judging by the fact the lawyer is now saying there are 6 different accusers, this saga might end sooner than expected.

I really like the approach so far, also. I agree with the need to sign Andrews as our final FA move. Vet leader calling the plays out to all the young beasts on either side is a dire need, not just for success as a unit, but also for development of the 2nd yr guys.

I’m overpaying, if I’m the FO at this point. That really is the nature of FA. I’ve heard 8-9 mil/yr on these boards. I’d be okay with 10 and call it a wrap. On to the draft, where we get a top WR (or Pitts), RB, edge, and off ball LB vs 2nd WR with our top 4 picks.

Karras couldve gotten 6 a year. Easy. Isnt Linsley getting like 11 a year?
Andrews probably wont take less than 8 or 9.
Karras took 4 to go back to New England.
These former Pats have no love for Flores, but maybe it's cuz they dont believe in Tua.
Wut? If the Dolphins wanted KVN or Karras, they’d still be here. Saying they left because they don’t believe in Tua is an epic reach. So they believe in Cam Newton? Ok...

I don't agree. There is money available. They just aren't spending it until the Watson situation gets figured out.

Judging by the fact the lawyer is now saying there are 6 different accusers, this saga might end sooner than expected.
We are not waiting on any Watson situation.

Watson was never coming here. Has nothing to do with whatever that smokescreen is.

At least the Watson loving Tua haters have something to hang their hat on as a reasoning.

We've moved on from both Van Noy and Lawson, and even if Van Ginkel can rise to be a full time starter and stay healthy, we still need at least 1 more edge rusher ... and a 3rd to replace Van Ginkel's role last year. We are locked into a big salary for a head case gamble at OT in Isaiah Wilson, and we've taken on a 2 down thumper with a high price tag in Benardrick McKinney. We need a starting C, and we need a power RB. Not impressed with our FA so far this year. We can't solve every need in the draft.
The stuff about wilson’s contract is incorrect. We have him for 3 years for a total of about 4 1/2 mil. Seems like a good gamble to me.

Oh wow this is baseless

This is about the Fins not Watson

Please keep it that way guys

The departures of Karras and Van Noy are the stories here.
You Know Miami didnt just cut Van Noy without trying to renegotiate that contract. He didnt, and he's not close to being worth 12 a year.
Patriots get him for Half that.

These former Pats have no love for Flores, but maybe it's cuz they dont believe in Tua.
No it's because they believe in Cam Newton so much, get the **** outta here with that ****.

We got some safety nets. Some scratch off tickets. We can still trade after the draft.

Love the Brisset signing. McKinney,also.

Isaiah Wilson is a big man. High risk, high reward.

You Know Miami didnt just cut Van Noy without trying to renegotiate that contract. He didnt, and he's not close to being worth 12 a year.

:bobdole:

The Dolphins cut Van Noy because he isn’t worth the money he was going to be paid next season. Karras took $4 million from the Pats because obviously no one was offering him more.
‘Stating these players didn’t believe in Tua and that is why they took less to return to NE is ridiculous. They took less than YOU think they are worth because no other team valued them that highly. If they were returning to the Patriots because because Brady was still the QB, perhaps your absurd
statement that they don’t believe in Tua might make some sense.
Yet they are returning to a team with the worst QB in the division

So your argument is Karras doesn’t like Flores so he decided to get even with Flores by going back to New England for $4 million dollars when according to you, he could have easily gotten $6 million dollars somewhere else.
Do you have any idea how irrational your statement is?
As far as Tua is concerned. It appears you are the one who has no faith in Tua, which is your right. Yet stating that Van Noy and Karras went back to New England because they don’t believe in Tua is simply absurd.

No one wanted to trade for Van Noy and Karras has been in free agency two years in a row and obviously no other team wanted to pay him more than the $4 million dollars the Patriots offered him.
Perhaps the reason Van Noy and Karras went back to NE is because no other teams in the entire NFL
were willing to pay them more than the Patriots were offering them because they aren’t worth anymore money.

I'd say they are waiting on the Watson situation to play out before making any big signing.
If that is truly what they are waiting for, they might as well just go ahead and make those big signings. Because the latest report is the only teams Watson wants to be traded to are the Broncos or 49ers. It appears he has zero interest in being traded to Miami or the Jets.

Nothing they are doing, or not doing has anything to do with DW.

There is no "saga", other than the imaginary one in some poster's minds.

Back
Top Bottom