Fins must draft .............. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins must draft ..............

Originally posted by dreadlockera

What do you think about Allen? He is a BAAAAD MOFO!
I saw him play last year with a leg tied...TIED to the tackle next to him. That is the attitude I want.

I wouldn't mind having OG L. Allen. It all depends on how much money he's looking for also. There will most likely be several teams battling to sign him as well. I don't like that....

He's old too. I'm not so sure he'd be the best option for us at this time. Not that I wouldn't want him, but at what cost is the big concern...

Maybe if we're lucky, Daves ties to the Cowboys will help give us an advantage in negociations. Anything is possible...

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

The Fins MUST draft according to their draft board.

The odds are very good that some fans will be ticked off or slide into a temporary hizzy fit after our #1 selection.

But, the draft must be judged as a whole and must be framed with the Free Agency moves that have and are yet to occur.

I am resolved to NOT over-react to any draft selection. Yet, I clearly expect many fans to have a strong reaction that their draft board did not match Rick Spielman's draft board.

I'll be happy wit Smiley or Andrews in that order.Or we could take a DT and go o-line in the 3rd, someone like Snee, or Jacobs if either is there.Another guy that we could target in round 3 in Clarke. This guy would be a 1st round pick if he can stay focus.

Ozzy rules!!

Defensive player from Miami.

DJ Williams, Jon Vilma, Vince Wilfork, Sean Taylor

I would be delighted with any of those guys.

I would love Andrews, Carey or Grove along the Oline because of their versatility.

Offensive line is your best bet. There is an urg to take QB, but if you really believe this year is the year, then you guys will go after a big ol Guard who can step in and just throw guys around.

I really think it will be OL.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

OL is NOT a big enough need?? :confused: :confused:

o-KAY!

4 of 5 starters on the o-line were cut, Jeno James, Damion McIntosh, and John St. Clair were all signed so thats 3 positions and C is Seth McKinney, so four positions are fine and the other spot could be Yates, so our o-line is not in desperate need

Thats the great thing/bad thing about this draft....
We don't have to go OL, WR, QB, CB, S, DL, or LB...we can go in any direction.

That being said, most folks will be upset if we don't go OL, but as nick1991 said, we have bodies to fill into places (and may have one more if Randall is signed) that we can not only get by with, but be better than last year.

WR - Boston...Minnis, Thompson, Tolver....probably our weakest area outside of the starters, but with RW, RK, RM, and the 2 WRs, is it that bad of a weakness ??

QB - although I've made no bones about liking Rivers, I don't think he will be there and even if he is, that would be a wasted 2nd round choice (the one we gave up for Feeley) so that is probably not the way they would go.

CB - S: Well, Edwards could end up being a good pickup, if he outplays Freeman...Knight is locked in. Taylor is the only Safety they would probably take and he'll be long gone...CB...nuff said, no need.

DL - this is the pick that intrigues me the most....Starks MIGHT slip to us, that would be a good pick. Otherwise there is some quality in the 3rd round for DT. DE: not needed...

LB - Another intriguing pick...if Vilma is there, they could pull the trigger on him...The jury is out on Moore, but he is more suited to OLB, where he could replace Jr. Greenwood had his best year last year....ZT is at his prime now, but Vilma could be groomed to take his place...perhaps coming in on 3rd downs for Jr....DJ Williams is more suited to SOLB, we have Moore and Jr...and he may be considered a project. He has the athleticism and tools, but needs time to develop.

These are just arguments for and against taking certain positions...I think I'm gonna be a happy camper at about 8 o'clock on the 24th,b ut we'll have to wait and see....they could still draft a kicker or something (you know, cause Wayne doesn't like the one we have.....LOL.) I'd love to be able, on draft day, to see RS "board", just to compare with what he actually chooses....

Originally posted by nick19991

4 of 5 starters on the o-line were cut, Jeno James, Damion McIntosh, and John St. Clair were all signed so thats 3 positions and C is Seth McKinney, so four positions are fine and the other spot could be Yates, so our o-line is not in desperate need

We lose Wade, sign James....even. We sign Macintosh who can not play for at least 6 gms, probably not at all and we signed St Clair as his backup. This is only 3 postions that are "concrete".
That leaves us with backups to fill the other 2 positions with guys that couldn't beat out any of the guys that were cut in the off season. So, you say that you're oK with that?????? :rolleyes:

Com'on Nick. Even the media said last weekend that our present line is not as good as what we had last year.

We lose Wade, sign James....even. We sign Macintosh who can not play for at least 6 gms, probably not at all and we signed St Clair as his backup. This is only 3 postions that are "concrete".
That leaves us with backups to fill the other 2 positions with guys that couldn't beat out any of the guys that were cut in the off season. So, you say that you're oK with that?????? :rolleyes:

Com'on Nick. Even the media said last weekend that our present line is not as good as what we had last year.

You beleive the media? They are just a joke, they try to make you beleive anything. Miami is alot better then last year already and they have some work to do but I don't think a rookie is the answer for the line, that said I still would not mind drafting Andrews or Grove

You can't put yourself into a position where you have to reach for a player, and that's what you will do if you draft based on need instead of based on value.

If a player who fills a need is rated in the area you are picking, then yeah. You take that player. You don't take a player who is at best a 3rd round pick in the 1st round just because that is a need you have. That's what some of you are suggesting by saying Miami should take Chris Snee.

If Miami's pick rolls around, and Lee Evans carries a grade that puts him in that area whereas they have the next offensive lineman rated in the 40s, they will take Evans.

Originally posted by nick19991

You beleive the media? They are just a joke, they try to make you beleive anything. Miami is alot better then last year already and they have some work to do but I don't think a rookie is the answer for the line, that said I still would not mind drafting Andrews or Grove

my bad, I knew as soon as I mentioned the media that someone would bring it up. :lol:
Do I believe the media? All depends on what they say when compared to the facts. In this case I do believe them. But to answer my own question, I take it you mean that you are OK with the line. OK, that's fine you're entitled to your opinion but at least answer me this question. How do you figure that the line is ALOT better than LY? The roster change thus far is, IMO, at best an even wash.

my bad, I knew as soon as I mentioned the media that someone would bring it up. :lol:
Do I believe the media? All depends on what they say when compared to the facts. In this case I do believe them. But to answer my own question, I take it you mean that you are OK with the line. OK, that's fine you're entitled to your opinion but at least answer me this question. How do you figure that the line is ALOT better than LY? The roster change thus far is, IMO, at best an even wash.

The line might not be alot better then last year but it is better because all but one starter was cut, and that was the first big thing that needed to happen. Then James and St. Clair along with Macintosh who might no be ready yet but he will do good when he can play. That was a huge improvement over Jamie Nails with his surgery could not play at the same level, Smith will be more experienced. So that was an overall improvement for the line

Back
Top Bottom