Fins Offseason FAQ | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Offseason FAQ

Philter25 said:
-No. Zach is horrible in coverage and slow. Although he is great in run support, moving him to SS would be a horrible move. Teams would just run 4 wide sets on us and abuse him at SS. Horrible idea. Go kick yourself.

What? Horrible in coverage? Uh, no. He's not particularly fast, but he is is quite possibly the best short zone coverage linebacker in the league.

Philter25 said:
-No. Just cause he was our best lineman doesnt mean squat. You cant pick lineman and play them anywhere. StClair doesnt have the footwork to play LT and I wouldnt be suprised if he was cut if he gets beat out for RT. No need paying a 1.2 million backup RT. If John StClair is our starting LT next year, then we have a serious problem in the LT department.

Considering the fact that he is going to compete for LT, and Saban was happy with his play last season, you SHOULD be surprised if he is cut because it is extremely unlikely.

Disgustipate said:
What? Horrible in coverage? Uh, no. He's not particularly fast, but he is is quite possibly the best short zone coverage linebacker in the league..
:lol: Your joking right? ZT cant cover RBs outta the backfield like he used to. Short zone coverage and downfield coverage are a COMPLETELY different story. Heck, I can cover RBs in short zone coverage, but as soon as we go 8 yards downfield, im getting toasted. I said he would be good in run support, but you cant be serious in thinking he could cover a WR downfield. :lol:

FYI, the post was a summary of this post:
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=65509

I can go into more detail if you would like of why that would be a horrible idea and would never happen if you would like.....
Considering the fact that he is going to compete for LT, and Saban was happy with his play last season, you SHOULD be surprised if he is cut because it is extremely unlikely.

I think you are missing the point of that one. Yes he is competing for the starting LT spot, same with every single guy on the line. The point was lineman are not leggos. Just cause someone plays good in one spot doesnt mean they can jump right into another spot. St Clair was our best lineman last year, I said that, he just doesnt have the footwork to be a good LT in the NFL.... hence if indeed he is our best LT next year, we are in deep doo.

If StClair doesnt win the starting LT spot, and gets beat out for RT, again, I will not be suprised if he is but because it would free up 1.2 million we could use in other positions, primarily our secondary. We are not going to pay StClair 1.2 million to sit the bench when we have glaring holes in the secondary.

Back
Top Bottom