Fins re-sign Wynn | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins re-sign Wynn

We haven’t had solid o-line in a looooong time

Kinda depends on how your team is structured and in our case our QB isn't the most mobile(Btw, that's okay. Non-mobile Qbs have one multiple SBs).

What this means if there's one unit we couldn't afford to lose it's guys on the OL and that's exactly the unit that was hurt the most last season.

A team like the Bills got an unfair advantage. They already have a very mobile QB in Josh Allen AND they played with the starting OL for like 95% of the season.

KC had some injuries but no one had as much as we did. But they also had the added benefit of having a Magician back there tossing the ball.

Ravens are a good example. The year prior to this year they had a ton of injuries on the OL and even with a mobile QB like Jackson, iirc, they missed the playoffs. Fast forward to last year and their team was pretty health and the made it all the way to the AFC Champ game and got put to sleep by KC.

People like to talk about the QB this and the QB that. But injuries might be the number 1 reason why teams advance or don't advance in the season.

Last edited:
Wynn wasn't great...

He was OK...

He's coming to camp only, he may not stick
He was better than Lester Frigging Cotton anyway. Cotton had the 3rd most OL snaps. More than Hunt or Armstead. That is sad and pathetic. How they couldn't find any better OL depth than Cotton is one of the universe's great mysteries.

In my mind, this signing is extra special because it puts Eichenberg back on the bench where he belongs. Jones should be able to start at RG. Any other OL signings or draft picks are just gravy, as they put Eich even closer to where he REALLY belongs, which is on the street.
You sound like me, last year at this time. Talking about Jackson. You'll learn the error of your current Eich narrative, just as I learned mine when it comes to Jackson.

Well, PFF has their opinion.

What I saw was a run game that functioned pretty well on the left side pre injury.

Perhaps they are not good at rating players in wide zone schemes.
Connor's monster run blocking is what made the wide zone work last season, more than any other single OL. With him on the field, they averaged around 6 yards per carry running the ball, Regardless of who the other 4 OLs were. Without Connor, they averaged something like 3.5 yards per carry.

I'll go out on a limb here. I actually think the Wynn resigning makes Tomlinson LESS likely and drafting a lineman MORE likely.

Wynn has the look of a bridge player, and if Tomlinson had been on the radar, I don't think we would be showing so much interest in jag-level Guards.

To me, this has the look of signing bandaids to cover for the possibility of our draftee not being ready right out of the box. T would be more of a 2-3 year signing.
Tomlinson would probably cost double of Wynn, at the least. Even though Tomlinson is extremely durable, for his own reasons, Grier does not think he is worth it.

Connor's monster run blocking is what made the wide zone work last season, more than any other single OL. With him on the field, they averaged around 6 yards per carry running the ball, Regardless of who the other 4 OLs were. Without Connor, they averaged something like 3.5 yards per carry.
Absolutely. Conner Williams was the most vital piece on their offensive line last season. When he got hurt all their creativity, especially in the running game went away. That's why Miami jumped all over Aaron Brewer in free agency and why he was my favorite acquisition this offseason. He is a perfect scheme fit for this offense and all of those six to ten yard runs you were seeing on video by Derrick Henery, will be 20 yard to house call runs with Devon Achane carrying the ball.

You sound like me, last year at this time. Talking about Jackson. You'll learn the error of your current Eich narrative, just as I learned mine when it comes to Jackson.
I wouldn't be upset if you turned out to be right, but I don't think Eich has that switch inside him to flip like AJ has. All I have are lots of memories of Eich standing over the guy he was supposed to block while that guy is on top of Tua.

So by your standards this is a league where all other players don’t suffer injuries? I don’t get your post at all

Look I do like the TA/Wynn pairing. It’s more than fine, probably even strong. Everybody can get hurt, that’s captain obvious stuff but it’s a fact these 2 guys seldom play an entire season. Maybe this is the year? I sure hope so.

Tomlinson would probably cost double of Wynn, at the least. Even though Tomlinson is extremely durable, for his own reasons, Grier does not think he is worth it.

I don’t think so. He’s coming off two really really bad seasons and he’s like 33. I’d say 2-3 million range.

Back
Top Bottom